I was first in line at my store but I had to order it (long story.. store screwed up big time and I'm getting money out of it) but.. they did saturday shipping for free to the store.

I just called and they confirmed it will be in store by 12pm noon tomorrrow
    11-21-08 09:15 PM
    if you go to the message center in you vzw account you can view a PDF of your latest Eqipment Receipt with the name of your rep and order time. apparently mine was 745 and i was told being shipped by wendsday. just curious which time they are on.
    GREAT tip. I downloaded a .pdf copy of my receipt for my records. Thanks!!!
    11-21-08 10:07 PM
    I ordered with telesales at about 9:30 pst and got tracking info for Saturday delivery at 6:38 pm on my email. Says by noon and "indirect signature" required.

When I placed my order, the agent checked inventory and said they had 11,000 in stock. Not sure which warehouse this was but it sure seemed they were going quick.
    11-21-08 10:14 PM
    Hey guys..new guy here..but maybe i can help you..i think the majority of you guys got overnight delivery...correct..ups and fedex do that..but more likely you had to get Saturday overnight delivery which is another option..so more likely you are going to get in..monday..i kinda know this stuff cause at my job we every once in a while..send ups sat delivery..but i hear that stuff is very expensive..how much are you guys paying for the shipping and handling..
    11-21-08 10:29 PM
    Hey guys..new guy here..but maybe i can help you..i think the majority of you guys got overnight delivery...correct..ups and fedex do that..but more likely you had to get Saturday overnight delivery which is another option..so more likely you are going to get in..monday..i kinda know this stuff cause at my job we every once in a while..send ups sat delivery..but i hear that stuff is very expensive..how much are you guys paying for the shipping and handling..
    Overnight saturday shipping was $20
    11-21-08 10:32 PM
    i got my storm with a corp discount and with free overnight shipping
    I am in the same boat as you. My fiance works for UPS and the discount is through them. They automatically send it next day air for free but in this area, we don't have Saturday delivery so I wouldn't get it until Monday. After thinking about it, I called back to have the shipping address changed to the UPS terminal that my fiance works in hoping that it would come in tomorrow. He is actually the one that drives to the airport everynight to pickup the air packages so I am hoping he calls me at 4am telling me he just pulled my package off the belt at the airport.

I did receive an email from Verizon stating it was shipped but the tracking number is only showing that the billing information has been received. I hope it comes tomorrow but if it doesn't, at least I can't get ticked that I paid for overnight shipping.
    11-21-08 10:32 PM
    yeah lets assume..how much do you think the whole thing weighs..the package..lets say..2 pounds..1 pound..20 dollars would be like overnight delivery just regular..overnight sat delivery would be like more like 35 dollars..i believe..but let me check on that..more likey every who chose onvernight..expect your phones monday...
    11-21-08 10:59 PM
    yeah lets assume..how much do you think the whole thing weighs..the package..lets say..2 pounds..1 pound..20 dollars would be like overnight delivery just regular..overnight sat delivery would be like more like 35 dollars..i believe..but let me check on that..more likey every who chose onvernight..expect your phones monday...
    NO Verizon charges 20 bucks for Saturday delivery if available! No need to check anything!
    11-21-08 11:13 PM
    To those of you who were told yours wouldn't ship until 11/25 or 12/5, have hope.

I ordered mine thru CS at 6:30-ish this morning, and didn't complete the call for almost two hours. It was to be over-nighted and received by 12:30 pm tomorrow. When I called a few hours later for a tracking number, I was told it wasn't going to ship until 11/25. I called back an hour or two later and was told 12/5. I got kinda pissed and that CSR went to her manager and came back saying since the order was placed before 2:00 it would ship 11/25.

However, I just now got an email w/the FedEx tracking info saying it'll be delivered before 1:30 pm tomorrow. Yay!
    OMFG sandra. i literally already lost all hope and just stopped checking my e-mail. after i saw this, i went and checked...

Ship date
    Nov 21, 2008
    Estimated delivery
    Nov 22, 2008 by 12:00

WOW... I am speechless.
    11-21-08 11:22 PM
    Nope, I paid $20 and mine is coming tomorrow.
    11-21-08 11:23 PM
    I don't have that, no ome gave me a tracking number, sales rep said it would of been here on saturday, called customer care 18 times, I counted, I am serious, they did the best they could but; come on! Saturday is saturday and we paid for it!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 11:26 PM
    I don't have that, no ome gave me a tracking number, sales rep said it would of been here on saturday, called customer care 18 times, I counted, I am serious, they did the best they could but; come on! Saturday is saturday and we paid for it!!!

Did you call FedEx? What time did you order?
    11-21-08 11:28 PM
    My mom was in line this morning at about 7am. And she was about 50th in line and there were only 17 storms. She didn't get it, but she was assured it would be here tomorrow(saturday). and we called about an hour or so ago, and its already being shipped, and it will be here tomorrow, so, I guess I'm lucky!
    11-21-08 11:28 PM
    For jskrap!! My order was completed at 11:50 and I got saturday delivery, they didn't give me tracking number, they just gave me a receipt. I called 18 times! 18

11-21-08 11:43 PM
    Your logic sounds good but you are missing part of the picture. Regular overnight delivery is free. Saturday delivery is $20 EXTRA. So, if free overnight delivery is worth say $20 (although I imagine that verizon has a good deal on this) and we pay an extra $20, then the total is $40. In any case, no matter how you do the math, the extra $20 gets you Saturday shipping. I have a tracking number to prove it. BTW, the fed ex tracking says the package is 3 pounds.
    11-21-08 11:50 PM
    I paid $20 for overnight Saturday shipping to receive it by 12 (or so I was told). Will I receive it tomorrow? Or will I receive it Monday? I also don't have any tracking information.
    11-21-08 11:59 PM
    FYI, i paid the 20 dollars for the saturday delivery at the store

on the receipt, it says

EUPGRD EARLY U $20.00
    11-22-08 12:05 AM
    For jskrap!! My order was completed at 11:50 and I got saturday delivery, they didn't give me tracking number, they just gave me a receipt. I called 18 times! 18

Hmmm seems to be cutting it close on the time. Call FedEx and give them your address to see if anything is headed your way.
    11-22-08 12:13 AM
    To jskrap, I did and they said nothing yet, and so I gotta wait...

11-22-08 01:11 AM
    I ordered 2 @ 7:45am mnt time (telesales) and got my tracking number by noon and fedex tracking shows it due 11/22 by 1:30pm.
    11-22-08 02:43 AM
    I'm getting a bit envious . (all times EST)

Per the receipt for me:
    11/21/08 7:36 ET
    FEDEXSHP006 FEDEX SAT BY 1 $19.99

Order confirmation/receipt was received at 9:00am.
    Card was run through at 7:36am for a $1.00 charge. It was then charged the full amount at 10:04am. I wrote my rep at 9:00am asking for a tracking number and was told that I would get one later in the day in an e-mail I received at 9:14am. Called at noon and no tracking number. Called at 6:00pm, still no tracking number and told there would not be one as the unit did not ship and not to expect it on Saturday. When asked when I should expect it, he said he didn't know. Called back at 10:00pm in the evening and was told that it "should" ship early next week but she was not willing to give me a date it would ship nor a date that I could expect to see the phone. Called FedEx and nothing headed here either...

Glad to hear that some people are still getting tracking info however.

The forums here have provided quite a bit of info on when I think I should see the phone, so thanks for all the info. Just a bit frustrated over not getting what you paid for, but I guess, it is what it is, and there's nothing that can be done about it but patiently waiting.
    11-22-08 04:08 AM
    I was #9 in line yesterday morning when they sold out their lonely six. I was promised overnight delivery for today, Saturday. There was even a $14.95 FedEx charge that they "supposedly" waived. Additionally, they applied the REBATE so I do not have to deal with that either. I never got a tracking number nor thought to ask for one.

I am disgusted with this whole thing and I only half believe I will receive the Storm today, as promised. I won�t even be around to accept it in the AM because I am golfing, as usual. I will leave a note asking them to leave it where FedEx usually leaves their stuff for me, but I can almost anticipate something going wrong with that, as well. My note will also say �see neighbor, if signature needed. Oh well, we�ll see. I�ll be back at the end of the day to give y'all my update as to if or if not received, as promised!
    Last edited by TheMilkyWay; 11-22-08 at 01:57 PM.
    11-22-08 04:40 AM
    FYI, i paid the 20 dollars for the saturday delivery at the store

on the receipt, it says

EUPGRD EARLY U $20.00
    FYI, that's the early upgrade fee VZW charges you when you upgrade to the Storm if you haven't reached NE2, but are eligible for early upgrade.

The Sat shipping should look like:
    FEDEXSHP006 FEDEX SAT BY 1 $19.99

You might want to double check your receipt to confirm if you have that.
    11-22-08 07:27 AM
    My sat delivery went through even though at 8 last night fedex didn't see it in their system but I got my e-mail a little later and its now at the local facility
    11-22-08 07:30 AM
    My sat delivery went through even though at 8 last night fedex didn't see it in their system but I got my e-mail a little later and its now at the local facility
    Since I live close to the local facility I'm going to take a chance and drive over there and see if I can just pick it up rather than wait until Monday. It's worth a try. Maybe I'll tell them I'm heading out of the country Monday and I have to have a world phone and I thought "overnight" meant I'd have it by Saturday.
    11-22-08 07:38 AM
143 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD