whats up everyone? i stumbled across this site after having the issue trying to install the latest update and the phone says i didnt have enough available memory. Thanks for that help. I continued to look through this site and am thankful that everyone out there is interested in helping everyone out.

Im new to verizon and new to blackberrys in gerneral. I've had nextels all my life(considering we use them for work) and recently bought the Helio Ocean with was by far the best phone I've ever owned. But with their recent merger with Virgin Mobile, the service has gone to complete ****. I canceled my contract and ordered the storm. a friend of mine had it and loved it, and another good friend of mine worked for T-mobile and loves blackberrys. So why not? I didnt want the Iphone because of 2 main reasons. its keypad, and its deal on picture messaging. Im 90% txt/video/picture messaging on my phones.

I've had the phone a little more then 1 week, and im overall satisfied. Its not the most amazing phone, slow at times(esp when it is cold outside) but I have extreme amounts of patients. I've ran through a few of these tips people suggested and in my opinion it does seem to be slightly faster now. And with the last update i feel the typing is more responsive.
    12-16-08 08:21 AM
    I've had the phone a little more then 1 week, and im overall satisfied. Its not the most amazing phone, slow at times(esp when it is cold outside) but I have extreme amounts of patients. I've ran through a few of these tips people suggested and in my opinion it does seem to be slightly faster now. And with the last update i feel the typing is more responsive.
    You hit the nail on the head. You took your time and did your research. Welcome to being a happy Storm user.

The Storm has a learning curve. It's not that steep but it is there.
    12-16-08 08:27 AM
    Mike,

I believe most of the Storm owners are satisfied...it's the folks that have problems doing most of the posting (as it should be--when done appropriately).

Glad to here that it is meeting your expectations...I like mine for sure and don't have any real complaints!!
    12-16-08 08:29 AM
    I am happy with the storm, just wish it was not so frustrating at times. As time goes buy and software catches up, the satisfaction meter will go sky high.
    12-16-08 09:42 AM
    Mike,

I believe most of the Storm owners are satisfied...it's the folks that have problems doing most of the posting (as it should be--when done appropriately).

Glad to here that it is meeting your expectations...I like mine for sure and don't have any real complaints!!

Like Toby Keith said in the new Esquire...It's the 10% on either end that make all the noise...
    12-16-08 09:55 AM
    I'm starting to be conditioned to the quirks and lag, therefore my satisfaction is getting higher.
    12-16-08 10:04 AM
    atleast you have a good service called verizon...storm ftw!
    12-16-08 10:26 AM
    ya, the more i use it the less it lags to me, i guess that learning curve is coming into play
    12-16-08 05:12 PM
    how is that acceptable? that the more you get used to the glitches, bugs, imperfections, and lag, the more you just accept it, and live with it???
    i had a storm, and loved it, until it starded rebooting randomly....then i could never answer a call. i had to call them back, the answer button on the touch screen AND the real button wouldnt answer. then the browser would just lock up and the camera function would appear on half the screen. i would have to open the camera application up then exit it to get it out of camera mode. then the left side of the screen would not register touches, so i had to put shims by the battery, which did work well....

i mean overall all this crap did not fly...i did not want to get used to it. the touch screen was also real laggy. you would drag your finger accross, and it would react noticably after.

try an iphone out..the screen responsivness is BY FAR light years ahead. granted, the iphone has been out for 4 years....maybe in 4 more the storm will be rock solid....who cares though. i want a working phone now. so i ditched verizon and got an iphone......
    12-16-08 05:18 PM
    how is that acceptable? that the more you get used to the glitches, bugs, imperfections, and lag, the more you just accept it, and live with it???
    i had a storm, and loved it, until it starded rebooting randomly....then i could never answer a call. i had to call them back, the answer button on the touch screen AND the real button wouldnt answer. then the browser would just lock up and the camera function would appear on half the screen. i would have to open the camera application up then exit it to get it out of camera mode. then the left side of the screen would not register touches, so i had to put shims by the battery, which did work well....

i mean overall all this crap did not fly...i did not want to get used to it. the touch screen was also real laggy. you would drag your finger accross, and it would react noticably after.

try an iphone out..the screen responsivness is BY FAR light years ahead. granted, the iphone has been out for 4 years....maybe in 4 more the storm will be rock solid....who cares though. i want a working phone now. so i ditched verizon and got an iphone......
    That is funny I had an iphone took 5 times the time needed to type anything, kept getting my call s dropped in the middle talking, many websites just do not work, and the lack of document management and quick edit review copy/paste and send back is missing. I kept it for less than 3 weeks and went back to my 8830. I now have the storm and since fixing the battery cover door (screen click fix) I have not had any problems. Also I use my cell phone as a cell phone 80% exchange email 19% of the time and txt/mms/bbIM 1% of the time so not dropping calls is the big sticking point for me.

however it is all what you need and expect. if you really don't like the phone don't keep it, that is why you get 30days to return it.

There are plenty of other phones and service providers to choose!
    12-16-08 07:21 PM
    I'm happy with it. I think I've been lucky and haven't had any major problems with my Storm.
    12-16-08 07:26 PM
    I'm happy with it. I think I've been lucky and haven't had any major problems with my Storm.
    Snap! but i agree with some others, that the storm is not for everyone and if you don't like it, you never will..... but i love it
    12-16-08 07:32 PM
    Mike,

Agree here! RIM had some quality control issues in the very beginning... From what I had read with newer units, they have it sorted out now.

Mine has always worked fine though.
    12-16-08 08:36 PM
    well as long as companies keep on replacing their defective product who cares, id rather have a gimpy storm VS my neato dual screen beyonce phone (samsung m20)
    12-16-08 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD