Hey everyone. I've had it with the crackling speaker of my S2. I am on my 5th replacement and I can't take it anymore. I called VZW today and they told me I could change it out for the 9650 if I wanted. I work in a metal fab shop and all my replacements have come by way of metal dust getting into my earpiece and clinging to the magnet of the speaker. If I decide to change it out for the 9650 would I run into the same problem?? Are they the same design?? They told me the could send me an Incredible but I would have to buy the battery door because they don't have any. Can anyone help me out??
    07-22-10 01:25 PM
    Someone just posted about this the other day. Was it you? What you need to do it get a good case (perhaps the OtterBox Defender) for a phone like the 9650. It comes with a goofy sheet that covers over the mic, speaker, etc. that will protect it from being muffled and basically destroyed by the type of garbage you're exposing it too.

**EDIT***
    [1]
    [2]
    [3]

Yep, it was you! You could have just used your other threads to post these updates and to get people's opinion mate...
    Last edited by d5115r; 07-22-10 at 01:36 PM.
    07-22-10 01:33 PM
    Get the phone which fetch more value. At least you know if you hate it, you can sell it.

9650 is 512mb ram? eligible for OS6?
    07-22-10 01:39 PM
    d5115r, those were my posts. But I wanted to know if all blackberries have the same earpiece design (I'm assuming they do). My wife has the Tour and eventhough they look the same on the outside, are the guts all the same? Just askin.
    07-22-10 01:46 PM
    d5115r, those were my posts. But I wanted to know if all blackberries have the same earpiece design (I'm assuming they do). My wife has the Tour and eventhough they look the same on the outside, are the guts all the same? Just askin.
    Get the 9650 and purchase the OtterBox Defender case for it as F2 and I suggested the other day. You won't have to worry about shavings etc getting inside. As mentioned, its the newest BB device out on VZW and its got the trackpad, 512 memory, wifi, etc. and as suggested, the highest resale value if you get it and hate it!
    07-22-10 01:47 PM
    Is the Defender case the only one that comes with the goofy thing that slips over the earpiece? Does the Commuter case have that same piece do you know??
    07-22-10 01:55 PM
    Is the Defender case the only one that comes with the goofy thing that slips over the earpiece? Does the Commuter case have that same piece do you know??
    I do not believe that the Commuter has the same "gortex" (or whatever) sheet. Its expensive, but the Defender is definitely worth it, especially with you killing phones the way you do!
    07-22-10 02:00 PM
    Ha. I wish I could say I'm the only 1 killing phones. 2 other people in my office have each gone through 4 or 5 Curves. I'm almost half tempted to get one of those "Indestructable" phones and be done with the $30 plan.
    07-22-10 02:17 PM
    The commuter cover earpiece and usb port. Bottom mic, speaker and top handset speaker is expose.
    07-22-10 02:22 PM
    The. Speakers are all different. Even storm 1 won't fit your storm 2. I had to fit a curve speaker in mine as it was the closest match but even that was different size( used a bit of rubber gasket to make it fit snug)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-10 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD