I mean... coming from .323, I feel like I wasted my time. For those of you coming from an earlier "official" OS like 4.xx, what do you think?? For those of you who have been on the leaked OS 5.xx from a few months ago, do you think this was a fail?? Does this make the Storm2 look mor appealing to buy?
    10-26-09 02:41 AM
    I don't know yet...I haven't verified that VVM works yet. If it does then it wasn't a waste of time...lol. Otherwise it seems the same to me, but that's fine...we will get a leak soon I'm sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 02:50 AM
    I don't think it was a waste of time, but I think it depends on what is important to you in a device. From what I can tell, the Storm 2 OS is not going to be much better than the Storm 1, so I don't know if it'll be worth it to upgrade. I can't wait to find out though!
    10-26-09 02:53 AM
    I was stoked about the Storm2 but after running 5.0 on my Storm and knowing that the Storm2 will be running the same OS, im not too sure im going to flock too it like some...ive been pretty satisfied with my storm for the past few months.adding wi-fi and a slightly newer look (minus the new technology in it) doesnt convince me to get it now or trick me into a new 2yr contract lol and shelf price...doesnt appeal to me either hahaha

going to .328 from .323, and seeing no significant differences, is almost a dissapointment..i think we all as storm owners expected a little more.
    10-26-09 03:00 AM
    I was stoked about the Storm2 but after running 5.0 on my Storm and knowing that the Storm2 will be running the same OS, im not too sure im going to flock too it like some...ive been pretty satisfied with my storm for the past few months.adding wi-fi and a slightly newer look (minus the new technology in it) doesnt convince me to get it now or trick me into a new 2yr contract lol and shelf price...doesnt appeal to me either hahaha

going to .328 from .323, and seeing no significant differences, is almost a dissapointment..i think we all as storm owners expected a little more.
    I completely agree. In a few weeks I'm outta here. I won't say where I'm going, but I will say that it rhymes with Droid.
    10-26-09 03:07 AM
    I completely agree. In a few weeks I'm outta here. I won't say where I'm going, but I will say that it rhymes with Droid.
    I think that as touchscreen users...theyre more dedicated to the newest touchscreen than the actual brand. Blackberry users using full QWERTY keyboards seem to stick to there Blackberries. Touchscreen users arent usually as loyal..lol am i wrong? please correct me if i am.
    10-26-09 03:11 AM
    I think that as touchscreen users...theyre more dedicated to the newest touchscreen than the actual brand. Blackberry users using full QWERTY keyboards seem to stick to there Blackberries. Touchscreen users arent usually as loyal..lol am i wrong? please correct me if i am.
    I'm not loyal to any one brand, I'm kind of a *****. I just buy what I like. I loved the storm when I bought it, but after having my hands on some other phones, I realized that I am putting to much effort into this phone to make it do the normal everyday things that it should have been doing right out of the box!
    10-26-09 03:17 AM
    Personally I. Couldn't be any happier. I finally have a phone I can show off to my friends with out fear of it doing something really ********. I am even kind of digging the assisted typing thing. coming from .148 this OS gets a thumbs up from me.

10-26-09 03:29 AM
    Personally I. Couldn't be any happier. I finally have a phone I can show off to my friends with out fear of it doing something really ********. I am even kind of digging the assisted typing thing. coming from .148 this OS gets a thumbs up from me.

yeah, if youre coming from a 4.xx OS then im sure youre very satisfied..i was amazd when i first jumped on the OS 5 band wagon a while back.
    10-26-09 03:33 AM
    Personally I. Couldn't be any happier. I finally have a phone I can show off to my friends with out fear of it doing something really ********.Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Which is the exact reason I'm leaving! You should have been able to show it off the day you bought it. Look around the forums, there are enough complaints going around about the new OS.
    10-26-09 03:52 AM
    no, 5.0 is awesome... What the phone should have been from day one. The phone needs more memory, it's too darn slow, Though 5.0 makes it much quicker than Verizon's last official release. Everything seems improved for me, except the fact that Facebook, even though installed has no icon and when I manually try to run it, it does nothing. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it to no avail, it shows it as installed and when I hit run, nothing happens. I hope I can fix this without wiping my phone and reinstalling 5.0.. what a pain.. especially just for stupid facebook app!
    10-26-09 03:58 AM
    i dont have a problem with facebook..but there are a few other glicthes that i dont see how verizon missed and approved this OS..its a good leaked OS but not for an official release.
    10-26-09 04:06 AM
    I still think the new OS is a p.o.s. Rim could have done a better job, but didn't. I am sure if they do a little research they will find the same problems that people on here are having, but they don't.

This is why RIM will never go anywhere.
    10-26-09 05:28 AM
    lol nobody is ever happy. Compared to the storm last year when it came out I think this new 5.0 is amazing. I have yet to have one problem or complaint.
    10-26-09 06:12 AM
    lol nobody is ever happy. Compared to the storm last year when it came out I think this new 5.0 is amazing. I have yet to have one problem or complaint.
    That is the problem. You are comparing it to the Storm last year. Well, of course it's better that that (which isn't saying much!). Compare it to some other OS's on the market and tell that you still find it "amazing". If you do, you're really nothing more than fanboy!
    10-26-09 06:19 AM
    Songs still go to mono while seeking backward which requires unplugging and replugging the headset.

If i go to landscape mode i get bars on the sides.

Even with FULL ALLOW PERMISSIONS, jmirc and midpssh give invalid url errors.

This phone is still a BETA!
    10-26-09 06:32 AM
    I'm having a blast-ee on .323 and see no reason to jump a measly .005 point to .328 when everything is working fine now. So what if it's "official"? I "officially" love .323 and see no reason to change until a few more builds come out.
    10-26-09 06:45 AM
    Which is the exact reason I'm leaving! You should have been able to show it off the day you bought it. Look around the forums, there are enough complaints going around about the new OS.
    Visit ANY phone forum. People are going to complain about the OS regardless. My phone is perfectly functional and I actually can't put it down. I love my crackberry.
    10-26-09 06:55 AM
    Just because you aren't having issues doesn't mean no one else is. I doubt you'd be happy if you installed an update for your phone and instead of having an improved device, you need to spend the next 5 hours of your night browsing web forums to get assistance as to why you can't open facebook, or why your phone freezes on startup, or why your phone has 3 Java error messages pop up every time you start your phone. That is unacceptable for an OFFICIAL RELEASE. This version... once you get it installed properly is amazing, especially compared to the P.O.S. software that was on these things last year, but people are mostly unhappy about installation issues, not functionality issues once they get it working right.

Now that I have managed to get all the bugs worked out of the installation, I'm loving this new 5.0 update.
    10-26-09 07:12 AM
    Visit ANY phone forum. People are going to complain about the OS regardless. My phone is perfectly functional and I actually can't put it down. I love my crackberry.
    Agreed, this thing could be perfect, but you'll still have someone complaing that it doesn't do dishes or it can't start my car. Your always gonna find someone complaining and not satisfied, personally, go get another phone or carrier if you don't like it, instead of whining in here. This OS is by far 500 times better than initial release and it can only improve.
    10-26-09 07:12 AM
    I mean... coming from .323, I feel like I wasted my time. For those of you coming from an earlier "official" OS like 4.xx, what do you think?? For those of you who have been on the leaked OS 5.xx from a few months ago, do you think this was a fail?? Does this make the Storm2 look more appealing to buy?
    I came from the last official OS. I will say it has a lot of getting used to...there are some bugs that are visually noticeable that bother me a lot....I did not have anything like that with .148 (white bars, auto dimming, etc)

that is a little annoying....

10-26-09 07:19 AM
    so you don't have the annoying white bars in landscape (and I know there is a stupid set of keystrokes to get rid of it, but they return after every reset)?
    You don't have the ridiculous auto dimming?
    You are not having issues with Facebook? Or Quickpull? etc?

10-26-09 07:26 AM
    Songs still go to mono while seeking backward which requires unplugging and replugging the headset.

If i go to landscape mode i get bars on the sides.

Even with FULL ALLOW PERMISSIONS, jmirc and midpssh give invalid url errors.

This phone is still a BETA!
    you are getting the bars on the sides because you are using 3rd party themes. wait for that developer to sort that out.
    10-26-09 07:26 AM
    so you don't have the annoying white bars in landscape (and I know there is a stupid set of keystrokes to get rid of it, but they return after every reset)?
    You don't have the ridiculous auto dimming?
    You are not having issues with Facebook? Or Quickpull? etc?

the bars facebook and quickpull issues are 3rd part apps issues. Wait for the developers for those apps to sort those issues out.

as for the dimming; change your settings.
    10-26-09 07:29 AM

I agree. SImple things don't work that did 15 builds ago. Why can't email links work. Why can't themes work that did just a short while ago? This makes zero sense. They released this and it made it through testing KNOWING there are major bugs. This is just stupid. I'm nearly 100% positive I'm done with RIM after this. I'm sick of having to rely on a leak to fix my problems.
    10-26-09 07:32 AM
127 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD