mechanically, i think they've solved the equal response issue. Didn't have too much trouble with the software (knowing it is a first gen phone)... just the hardware. I am on my 2nd storm and no troubles mechanically. Just waiting on more software updates to occur and the BB app store in March.

So yeah, i think it's okay now to purchase a mechanically stable unit.
    01-14-09 12:13 AM
    Ok 90% of the complaints about the storm on this forum are total crap. The whole "click issue" is not a real. Think about it logically. if you press the center of the screen the whole screen is being depressed which is why the click feels more "heavy" compared to clicking the edges of the screen where only that side of the screen is depressed making the click feel "light". If you dont believe me turn the phone off so the screen is black then click the center and outside of the screen and u will see why it "feels" different. And yea operating system is not quite as fast as bold or curve or other non touch screen phones but remember touch screen phones run a bit slower. If you dont get frustrated and be a little patient you will love everything about this phone. oh and screen shifting is only because the whole screen is a button. all the keys of my girl friends bold wiggle so dont get hung up on that either. The hardware is very solid feels nice in the hand and the software will be better and better as time goes on.
    01-14-09 12:34 AM
    I don't agree with that, many of us long time Berry users had click issues but it has been fixed with the newer phones. Maybe RIM just adjusted the screws wrong.

I do agree the bitchfest about the Storm is waaaaaaaaaaaaay over-blown. Best phone I have ever had, (since my Curve) and if you get unlucky just get another one. What do you have to lose? If you don't like it take it back. No big deal...
    01-14-09 01:09 AM
    I'm on Verizon and I don't want to switch carriers. I want a smartphone
    with a large glass screen so the Storm is my only choice. I have
    been reading the Storm forums almost since it was launched. I'm not
    worried about the Storm software--RIM is clearly addressing the issues.

I am worried about the hardware. I keep seeing posts about
    people returning their phones multiple time due to click problems and
    dust under the screen. I'm going to get the phone but I want to wait until
    it is safe. I don't want to get stuck in the endless return cycle.

So I'd like to get the sense of the Storm community on a couple of questions.

1. What really are my odds of getting a good phone (good click, no
    future dust leakage) the first time? Am I seeing a lot of posts on
    hardware problems because people having no problems just don't post?

2. What do people think about the potential for a new hardware revision
    in the near future that will address the hardware problems?
    i have had my blackberry storm for about 3 weeks now and so far i am having no problems what so ever (nock on wood)
    01-14-09 01:14 AM
    I have had mine since November...no dust no "clicking" problems.
    01-14-09 06:22 AM
    i've had mine for a month, no issues. no dust, click problems, or anything. love the phone.
    01-14-09 08:02 AM
    yea i love mine, no dust no click problems, Also my 55 year partner/co owner has one and he is a moron and he loves it
    01-14-09 08:20 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD