The Application Center will not be available for the Curve or Pearl coming up. However the Bold and Storm will get an application center.

View Document
    02-07-09 03:45 AM
    The Application Center will not be available for the Curve or Pearl coming up. However the Bold and Storm will get an application center.

View Document
    um... the storm already has an app center
    02-07-09 03:46 AM
    I know but I'm still dreaming of the Curve 8900 to replace my 8300. But no app center?
    02-07-09 03:50 AM
    um... the storm already has an app center
    The Storm has the Verizon app center on it now, but RIM is going to release a BB app center, in March I believe. I think that's what the OP is referring to.
    02-07-09 04:28 AM
    Can't wait to see what kinds of apps there will be.
    02-07-09 04:52 AM
    The Application Center allows you to find, browse, install, and upgrade third-party applications that have been selected by your wireless service provider.
    I think this is referring to the already existing application centre provided by Verizon/Vodafone or whoever.
    02-07-09 05:04 AM
    I think this is referring to the already existing application centre provided by Verizon/Vodafone or whoever.
    You are absolutely right. I see a Verizon application center on mine as well. [EDIT] AND I also have the one provided by RIM.
    Last edited by Dragoneer; 02-07-09 at 05:30 AM.
    02-07-09 05:28 AM
    MooseBerry is correct. Rim is working on application center for all software, kind of like the iphone has. Not just the ones Verizon has pre-loaded. I think it will be alot like the CB software mobile page, but in an application.
    02-07-09 07:24 AM
    Can't wait to see what kinds of apps there will be.

I can't wait to see how they are gonna affect an unstable operating system..
    02-07-09 07:31 AM
    It helps to own one before speaking. But I'll let you know my OS is snappy and stable.
    02-07-09 08:06 AM
    envy, that's all. How's the app center on your samsung? Oh..nevermind
    02-07-09 08:14 AM
    It helps to own one before speaking. But I'll let you know my OS is snappy and stable.

Nicky, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I have friends with storms, and am always trying theirs. I have seen NIB's at my V store that don't run out of the box, and loaded app .75's that run great.

When I was at the V store the other day, A fios saleman that was at the store, saw my salesman showing me 4 phones that they had tried to activate that morning alone, but ran so flukey, they would not give them to the customer.

Yeh, they open 4 more, and they seem to run fine. Anyway, the FIOS sales guy runs over to proudly show me his .99 phone, and how well it runs. He's showing me how smooth it is. He gave it to me, I tried the Vid camera, and crashed it in 20 seconds. Tried the media player, and crashed it again.

Tried the browser on Gmail, stalled the browser. When Verizon reps are shaking their heads, and are even saying they think it is hardware related due to the design, thats a pretty bad indication that this phone has some serious issues.....

I would love to have one, but I am waiting till they release an Official update...not to see if it can make the phone perfect, but to see if there is even a chance of getting it stable.
    02-07-09 08:23 AM
    when is this app centre going live? and what webpage will it be available on?
    02-07-09 08:24 AM
    Nicky, I didn't mean it in a bad way. I have friends with storms, and am always trying theirs. I have seen NIB's at my V store that don't run out of the box, and loaded app .75's that run great.

When I was at the V store the other day, A fios saleman that was at the store, saw my salesman showing me 4 phones that they had tried to activate that morning alone, but ran so flukey, they would not give them to the customer.

Yeh, they open 4 more, and they seem to run fine. Anyway, the FIOS sales guy runs over to proudly show me his .99 phone, and how well it runs. He's showing me how smooth it is. He gave it to me, I tried the Vid camera, and crashed it in 20 seconds. Tried the media player, and crashed it again.

Tried the browser on Gmail, stalled the browser. When Verizon reps are shaking their heads, and are even saying they think it is hardware related due to the design, thats a pretty bad indication that this phone has some serious issues.....

I would love to have one, but I am waiting till they release an Official update...not to see if it can make the phone perfect, but to see if there is even a chance of getting it stable.
    Oh I don't question that there are problems. But I'm always wary of the stories about trying friends' phones or trying phones in the stores. Friends don't always keep their phones in tip top shape and I can assure you the phones in the store have been through he!! and back in terms of treatment.

I am running .75 myself and almost manicly keep the phone clean (in terms of software). Deleting any apps I don't need to clear up free memory, making sure I hit close after I'm done with apps I don't need, not installing memory leaker apps like Epocrates, etc... etc...

It's why it runs so smoothly and I have all the confidence in the world that it can handle multiple apps with aplomb.
    02-07-09 08:30 AM
    how do u download games/ringtones/movies? i just got mine yesterday
    02-07-09 08:31 AM
    You know, I hope I don't jinx myself but....

I honestly have NOT HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH MY STORM and I've had it since the first week of December. No crashes, it runs smoothly, not buggy at all and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm still running .75 and have probably installed at least 10 apps.

I'm very much lookin' forward to the new App Center...bring it on
    02-07-09 08:32 AM
    Does anybody notice that on the picture from the blackberry website, the facebook application says 1.3.0.28 instead of the current 1.3.0? Are we expecting a new version soon?
    02-07-09 08:52 AM
    You are absolutely right. I see a Verizon application center on mine as well. [EDIT] AND I also have the one provided by RIM.
    You have the one provided by RIM? where?
    02-07-09 09:59 AM
    You have the one provided by RIM? where?
    It came with my Storm since the day I got it. It was originally located in the home menu, then I moved it to the apps folder. Here are some of the snapshots. [EDIT] err, I mean screen shots:

Last edited by Dragoneer; 02-07-09 at 11:49 AM.
    02-07-09 11:37 AM
    Off topic but....

If you like Rihanna and free music, go to www.verizontimbalandstorm.com, for a free "Rehab" remix. You can also sign up for free music that will be exclusive to Storm users. You will get updates when the new free tunes are available.
    02-07-09 11:52 AM
    I need more memory before I get application happy. Will there be a fix for that?
    02-07-09 12:14 PM
    It came with my Storm since the day I got it. It was originally located in the home menu, then I moved it to the apps folder. Here are some of the snapshots. [EDIT] err, I mean screen shots:
    that isn't the app center we're talking about.

RIM will be releasing an App Store more in line with the one Apple provides for the iPhone in March. The App store you've linked there is run by Verizon
    02-07-09 12:28 PM
    that isn't the app center we're talking about.

RIM will be releasing an App Store more in line with the one Apple provides for the iPhone in March. The App store you've linked there is run by Verizon

Ohh... The App STORE. Please pardon my misunderstanding.
    02-07-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD