the S3 it might be a safe assumption that an OS written specifically for it might not be backwards compatible. If it's an LTE device with quadruple the power and possessing new and different SurePress tech then it's almost guaranteed it won't run on any other device but the S3 and future devices.
    i guess.. there's really no storm3...but storm4G!

alright.. GIME THE OS6 NOW!!!!
    06-29-10 01:09 AM
    I don't want it "like any other". I want it the way it is now. Or a very close facsimile thereof.
    I'm with Dave on this one. Don't jack with the Surepress. I will be very disappointed if the screen does not move. I used my friend's EVO today, and it is too weird for me. It just vibrates, which is just dumb IMO.

I might consider paying full retail for one, as long as Surepress remains (in some fashion). Seriously, if Surepress is gone, I will go back to a full QWERTY BB. $crew android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-10 04:45 AM
    Do you think the "shell" will eventually change once it gets closer to launch? I remember reading and getting excited about the slimmer/larger shell. That's one thing I really liked about my iPhone, the way it felt in my hand. I just hope it remains a fairly rugged device unlike the iPhone 4. So far I have only seen one person with a naked one. Everyone else I have encountered has a case and some have told me that when they got it, their sales person recommended a case for protection.
    06-29-10 04:59 AM
    This part....We have seen that "storm slider phone"....but whatever they do!!! just make sure my storm2 is eligible for OS upgrade!!!

So we end up having 2 OS option????

What i fear most is....they will say... storm2 will be using OS6 while the storm3 is an all new OS...sorry storm2 guys...you guys have to buy the new phone to get a taste of it....that would be!! #$^$#@!
    That's the nature of technology; I'll be happy if our S2's can run the new OS6. We can't ask for a "superphone" with fast processors, more memory, larger screen, and real "touch screen" capabilities without it, realistically being a giant leap forward; and therefore, not backward compatible with our S2s.
    06-29-10 07:02 AM
    Do you think the "shell" will eventually change once it gets closer to launch? I remember reading and getting excited about the slimmer/larger shell. That's one thing I really liked about my iPhone, the way it felt in my hand. I just hope it remains a fairly rugged device unlike the iPhone 4. So far I have only seen one person with a naked one. Everyone else I have encountered has a case and some have told me that when they got it, their sales person recommended a case for protection.
    im sure it will change when they get closer to actual reveling. but they are smarter than apple in this respect i think. RIM i think is banking big time on this device and LTE being the future on the nations best and biggest network.
    06-29-10 08:26 AM
    Anyone have any educated guessed as to when this storm3 will be released?

After the 9650 dragged out so long I can't help but be a bit skeptical of any timeframe for a blackberry release.

And I would agree that Verizon will release a Droid for their first LTE phone just and market it just like sprint did with the EVO 4.

06-29-10 09:55 AM
    Verizon originally said the first LTE device would be released early 2011. Assuming the S3 is in fact LTE capable, it will likely be released then. I for one am hoping that Verizon is feeling the heat from Sprint's 4G network and deploys the S3 in late 2010, but don't hold your breath. I agree with you that their first LTE device will be Android. Verizon is in the sheets with them IMO.
    06-29-10 10:20 AM
    It just hit me - Microsoft pays Verizon a couple bucks to make Bing default on BlackBerry. and then Verizon starts promoting Android devices. Anybody else notice that?

Verizon originally said the first LTE device would be released early 2011. Assuming the S3 is in fact LTE capable, it will likely be released then. I for one am hoping that Verizon is feeling the heat from Sprint's 4G network and deploys the S3 in late 2010, but don't hold your breath. I agree with you that their first LTE device will be Android. Verizon is in the sheets with them IMO.
    06-29-10 12:21 PM
    I think it would be cool if the screen did not move, BUT would press in on the spot where you pressed, like soft glass, sorta like the Storm2, but better, taken to the extreme. Hard glass when without power, but soft glass when it has power, BUT just the spot you press moves not the whole glass. Now THAT would be cool! Of course I'm probably going to the Slider when it comes out and I think I'm getting a 9650 shortly to mess around with, BUT I'm keeping my Storm2 so I will be switching them off until I make the switch to the Slider, IF I do. Depends on the ETF and other factors.
    06-29-10 12:32 PM
    i can't believe you're leaving Storm! Rich! i'm actually going to go from the 9630 to Storm 3. Looking forward to bigger screen and better browser. i'm assuming S3 will be global like 1 and 2, right?

06-29-10 12:35 PM
    what's a MEH?
    06-29-10 01:19 PM
    what's a MEH?
    Let me google that for you
    06-29-10 01:24 PM
    I think it would be cool if the screen did not move, BUT would press in on the spot where you pressed, like soft glass, sorta like the Storm2, but better, taken to the extreme. Hard glass when without power, but soft glass when it has power, BUT just the spot you press moves not the whole glass. Now THAT would be cool! Of course I'm probably going to the Slider when it comes out and I think I'm getting a 9650 shortly to mess around with, BUT I'm keeping my Storm2 so I will be switching them off until I make the switch to the Slider, IF I do. Depends on the ETF and other factors.
    I read this, then thought of my wife's LG Dare and now her EnV Touch with their resistive screens that buzz when pressed. Those devices are plastic-y screens, not glass. Now I can't imagine what you originally meant, seriuosly hoping RIM doesn't go with the same type. Non-moveable screen would be awesome though; less parts needed, might save space depending on what they actually put in there, and (my favorite) it would most likely be a sealed screen - dramatically lessen dust under it.
    06-29-10 01:34 PM
    what's a MEH?
    google is your friend.
    06-29-10 01:34 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD