Since many of us, myself included, do not venture far from the Storm 2 Forum very often, I just wanted you to look in the Rumored BlackBerry Devices. Our old buddy Sal (who was always very reliable) has leaked the S3 specs on his website and a thread in CB has been started. Looks VERY exciting and worth the wait.
    06-28-10 11:07 AM
    cool. thanks! I'm heading there now. (and I too, am one that doesn't venture out of the Storm forum too often. My browser link takes me straight to this Storm forum section).
    06-28-10 11:11 AM
    yeah they are basically the same that we heard a couple months ago but still nice to see it confirmed once again. I certainly like the specs and was needing so good info about it. i was getting ansy lol
    06-28-10 11:12 AM
    I didn't like the news that surepress (my inference from Sal's comments) isn't part of the S3. Hope I'm wrong!!

"9) The screen will be something new we haven't seen (new input mechanism) ,but it won't work like the Storm 2. "

damn, damn, and double-damn if it doesn't have the click-screen.
    Last edited by dave1812; 06-28-10 at 11:17 AM.
    06-28-10 11:14 AM
    Can't wait for my 2 yr contract to finish next year! LoL.
    06-28-10 11:24 AM
    I didn't like the news that surepress (my inference from Sal's comments) isn't part of the S3. Hope I'm wrong!!

"9) The screen will be something new we haven't seen (new input mechanism) ,but it won't work like the Storm 2. "

damn, damn, and double-damn if it doesn't have the click-screen.
    Something we haven't seen? Touch screen or press screen what else is there? Maybe some special glasses that come with it so that it will press where our eyes focus?
    06-28-10 11:39 AM
    its redone is what my understanding is. im sure it will still be something unlike any other
    06-28-10 11:43 AM
    its redone is what my understanding is. im sure it will still be something unlike any other
    I don't want it "like any other". I want it the way it is now. Or a very close facsimile thereof.
    06-28-10 11:49 AM
    I don't want it "like any other". I want it the way it is now. Or a very close facsimile thereof.
    I agree...but it does say, "2. Yes, it will have SURE-PRESS, but I�m not sure how they are archiving it this time." So all hope is not lost.

What I am most excited about is the O/S for the Storm only! Finally RIM may take full advantage of the touchscreen.
    06-28-10 12:16 PM
    To heck with progress, I say! I don't want this newfangled SurePress from the S2 on the S3... I want them to roll it back to the fully-mechanical version on the S1!

Other changes I hope to see on the S3:

None of those flashy TV-screen thingies.

Larger case so I can always find it.

Big antenna for good reception.

Maybe something like this.

06-28-10 04:32 PM
    I agree...but it does say, "2. Yes, it will have SURE-PRESS, but I�m not sure how they are archiving it this time." So all hope is not lost.

What I am most excited about is the O/S for the Storm only! Finally RIM may take full advantage of the touchscreen.
    I don't care about "archiving" but I DO care about how they ACHIEVE the surepress "feel".
    06-28-10 04:47 PM
    i think i read somewhere too... but the news i got is that the storm3 may not even be out or close to storm2.. cuz they gona revamp it again...storm4 is something we all should be looking forward to...

i was like.. wt.....maybe all the x and 4g is indeed way ahead now and storm3 maynot be able to meet the consumer or market requirements...

those few phones leak we see coming soon..flip...slide.. can't really compare....the flip is a joke for me...but maybe some will buy it cuz its a bb....

anyway...i know rim is working hard backend to do something so it can go on par again with those touchscreen phones....

4g n x maybe up to tech now but they sure have their problems...till then...

i still stick on with my good old storm2 till i see a better storm3 or 4 is out.
    06-28-10 05:23 PM
    The specs look good. Be interesting to watch them evolve as they get closer to launch. If they stay where they are or improve, it would be enough to make me upgrade outside of my new every 2.
    06-28-10 06:49 PM
    Why so secretive about the Storm 3? Why can't they just tell us what they are up to?
    06-28-10 07:29 PM
    Why so secretive about the Storm 3? Why can't they just tell us what they are up to?
    If it's too great, current sales might suffer, and conversely if it's a "MEH" folks will flee to Android...OR, as in typical corporate culture(I almost said America), they don't want to leak future product info, so as to keep competitors from gaining any sort of advantage from advanced knowledge.
    06-28-10 07:37 PM
    It's been speculated that they're waiting for Verizon to roll out LTE before they announce the Storm3, as I'm I understanding things.
    06-28-10 07:39 PM
    right, i am pretty sure because if this rolls out it means LTE rolls out unless they do a droid phone first. and that is a huge thing for VZW. They will want to market the crap out of the "first" LTE phone. Plus if they are working on a entirely new OS just for the storm line that is something cool that RIM might have up their sleeve
    06-28-10 07:58 PM
    right, i am pretty sure because if this rolls out it means LTE rolls out unless they do a droid phone first. and that is a huge thing for VZW. They will want to market the crap out of the "first" LTE phone. Plus if they are working on a entirely new OS just for the storm line that is something cool that RIM might have up their sleeve
    +1 on the "market the crap out of the first LTE phone" and you can bet it will be a Droid. Verizon is giddy over the Droid line. Try to buy a storm know, in one of the factory stores. If it's like the one near me, all the salesmen will steer you towards a Droid if you mention a Storm.
    06-28-10 08:02 PM
    +1 on the "market the crap out of the first LTE phone" and you can bet it will be a Droid. Verizon is giddy over the Droid line. Try to buy a storm know, in one of the factory stores. If it's like the one near me, all the salesmen will steer you towards a Droid if you mention a Storm.
    Again, I agree - Verizon is in LOVE with the Droid (evident when the Storm2 came out shortly before the Droid, and was soon COMPLETELY forgotten); it has made them so much money and they have advertised the heck out of it; they would be a fool to not bring out a 4G Droid first. I just hope the Storm3 is soon to follow.
    06-28-10 08:13 PM
    I actually think the s3 will be first. If I was them, I'd market the crap out of the first lte phone and then release the next droid and say "its lte PLUS its a droid!" you get lots of sales on both phones. If the droid is first, everyone buys the droid and only the bb faithful get the s3. If u roll out the s3 first, you'll get ppl jumping on the first lte phone AND the bad a55 android.

That's just my thoughts though what do I know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-10 10:47 PM
    RIM has the larger name and the larger market share. Plus, verizon has the only BB that directly competes with iphone and droids. It makes sense to use the Storm 3 as a phone that revives the blackberry name. Giving apple a direct competitor in the Storm 3 with LTE is a perfect way for RIM to wake up and at the same time give apple a 1 2 punch. If the specs are true, it will be very successful pending what we see of this new input method. But its got to be marketed heavily as they did with the moto droid.

Personally, I dont see why they need to keep changing the input method every year. Doing so just tells us that last years method didnt work. And first off, that is not true, and second off, it doesnt leave a lot of faith that they have got it right this time if they are STILL at it with yet another "new screen tech"

The reengineered screens are fine, the input method now is fine! Put an option in the OS to disable it but leave it at that. Dont keep changing the platform that you built just to try to keep coming up with something new. Then once that "new tech" comes out, it will have problems just like anything new and sure enough, 6 months down the road there will be a new "fix" and half of those early adopters will be pissed while the rest will be happy!

Again, they need to stick with what they got, enhance it every year without changing the blue print, and worry about fixing their assembly line issues so that we all get the same performance
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 06-28-10 at 10:58 PM.
    06-28-10 10:50 PM
    RIM has the larger name and the larger market share. Plus, verizon has the only BB that directly competes with iphone and droids. It makes sense to use the Storm 3 as a phone that revives the blackberry name. Giving apple a direct competitor in the Storm 3 with LTE is a perfect way for RIM to wake up and at the same time give apple a 1 2 punch. If the specs are true, it will be very successful pending what we see of this new input method. But its got to be marketed heavily as they did with the moto droid.

Personally, I dont see why they need to keep changing the input method every year. Doing so just tells us that last years method didnt work. And first off, that is not true, and second off, it doesnt leave a lot of faith that they have got it right if they are STILL at it with "new screen tech"

Whats the S3 with "LTE?" just wondering? Does anyone know if there are any leaked pictures of the S3 out right now?

btw, nice sig. Haha!
    06-28-10 10:55 PM
    Let me copy/past Sal's site info for you. It seems promising and hes a very credible source, I can vouch for that...

Blackberry Storm 3 – Early Specs � Salomondrin

Here we go again, getting excited about a phone that probably won’t come out until next year. Yes, I’m talking about the Storm 3. A couple of my sources have been talking to me lately about the new Storm 3, and I gotta tell you guys it sounds FREAKING AWESOME!! Everyone knows I’m a huge fan of the Storm 2, but from what I’ve heard so far about the third version of the Storm… I think I’m in love already.
    Here are some Storm 3 specs and info that I’ve heard so far repeatedly from my sources:

1. Its being tested by a very limited team (preventing leaks).
    2. The phone’s shell is still the Storm 2’s shell with different guts though (To make it hard to identify if the phone is lost or photographed).
    3. It does have a 1ghz processor.
    4. 8 GB internal memory.
    5. 512MB flash memory was what they saw first, but apparently they are now playing with these test phones and have over 1GB of flash memory.
    6. It won’t run on OS 6.0. Its gonna be running on an OS of its own. <– Really exciting
    7. The phone does have the ability to run widgets and you can personalize it A LOT.
    8. 5 MP camera still on it as off now, but like we saw on the 9670, this can change.
    9. The screen will be something new we haven’t seen yet (new input mechanism) ,but it won’t work like the Storm 2. Yes, it will have SURE-PRESS, but I’m not sure how they are archiving it this time.
    10. Its gonna be Verizon’s 1st or 2nd LTE phone. They aren’t sure if the Android phone will be first or the Storm at this point.

The reason why RIM doesn’t want this phone to leak, or are being more careful about it, is because it would confirm that Verizon will be launching their LTE network (which by the way is already set, but just running tests on as off these days) and its somehow a liability for them.

Again, and as you know, some things could/will change but those are the specs as off today.
    06-28-10 10:59 PM
    6. It won’t run on OS 6.0. Its gonna be running on an OS of its own. <– Really exciting
    This part....We have seen that "storm slider phone"....but whatever they do!!! just make sure my storm2 is eligible for OS upgrade!!!

So we end up having 2 OS option????

What i fear most is....they will say... storm2 will be using OS6 while the storm3 is an all new OS...sorry storm2 guys...you guys have to buy the new phone to get a taste of it....that would be!! #$^$#@!
    Last edited by titusilvering; 06-28-10 at 11:48 PM.
    06-28-10 11:45 PM
    This part....We have seen that "storm slider phone"....but whatever they do!!! just make sure my storm2 is eligible for OS upgrade!!!

So we end up having 2 OS option????

What i fear most is....they will say... storm2 will be using OS6 while the storm3 is an all new OS...sorry storm2 guys...you guys have to buy the new phone to get a taste of it....that would be!! #$^$#@!
    This is purely conjecture at this point, but I can see that happening; looking at the rumored specs of the S3 it might be a safe assumption that an OS written specifically for it might not be backwards compatible. If it's an LTE device with quadruple the power and possessing new and different SurePress tech then it's almost guaranteed it won't run on any other device but the S3 and future devices. I don't think it's that big of a deal, we can run OS6 like the rest of the newer devices.
    06-29-10 12:04 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD