because he is acting like a troll and posting gibberish all over in several threads
    Hey, it's summer, and school's out. 12-year-olds have to kill time somehow.
    08-03-10 01:41 PM
    Stability has been known a problem with the VZW OS releases on the Storm 2 for quite a while now. No, nothing is severely wrong. But it's not solid either. I'm hoping that point releases continue to come out for it, but I'm not holding my breath.

And are you telling me you don't use any third-party apps on your phone? All you do is make calls with it and look at the calendar? I doubt it.

I'm just telling it like it is. Developers are going to start moving to the new platform, just like with OS'es on computers. I won't lie and say it doesn't disappoint me though.
    Well, I have yet to see any OS on any platform (phone or PC) that is 100% solid (although some may argue Apple comes close). That's why there will always have to be updates. With the leaked OS and hybrids available to S2 users, if OS 5 was no longer supported, I wouldn't be upset. Stick with the last OS that ran well enough for you.

Ofcourse I use 3rd party apps. They work wonderfully. If I didn't get support for the apps I have or any new ones, I'm not gonna rant that I hate RIM and i'm getting screwed here. I'm not even disappointed. What's most important is that I have a functional phone that works great. If OS 6 hadn't been developed, people would have to find something else to complain about. The million and a half "I hate RIM, i'm going to Droid/iPhone" threads say it all.

Learn to appreciate what you have instead of crying about what you don't. Isn't that what our parents taught us?

BTW, FenderGeek, this isn't directed at you. It's to everyone.
    08-03-10 01:54 PM
    BTW, FenderGeek, this isn't directed at you. It's to everyone.
    Thanks for the clarification. I'll stop being so defensive.

As I said, I'll admit disappointment. I feel a little bit like I got sold on the promise of future enhancements. Especially because I was really looking forward to a better browser (which I suppose could still be coming to OS5 devices). But I won't rant endlessly about anybody "owing" me anything. I guess I was just expecting a little longer shelf-life for a device that was pitched as the next big step for BlackBerry. Shame on me, and all that...
    08-03-10 02:04 PM
    because he is acting like a troll and posting gibberish all over in several threads
    It's so ridiculous. Everything is "wahahaha insert inane comment here"

Where are the mods today?
    08-03-10 02:08 PM
    I'm also very upset that the stupid Bold is getting os6 but not the storm. This is very frustrating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 02:13 PM
    Let's start off by trying to explain the reason that most of us S2 owners are upset, frustrated, and let down. When the S1 was released, it was touted as the iPhone killer from RIM.
    No it wasn't. Fanboys and the media put that tagline on it.
    08-03-10 03:19 PM
    Fact of the matter was that the Storm2 was released and marketed in such a way as to convince the BB users out there in the marketplace (who have come to love and enjoy the solid base that was the email for enterprise and message beast that BB is/was/always will be) that this device was to be a media rich device, big fun factor all in a pretty red bow alongside the BB being the bar by which everything else is measured in as far as messaging.

They never hit the mark with the browser or the OS being fully functional/non glitchy

They never got the media player right etc...

and now it appears (since the major carriers have all bailed on even selling the device, the same carriers that signed exclusivity agreements to bait us) that we are stuck with a device that will never get fixed... as RIM appears to have moved along... why release a phone with a capacitive touchscreen?! if shurepress technology would be worked on in the future? (ie future offerings in the Storm lineup)
    08-03-10 03:26 PM
    Fact of the matter was that the Storm2 was released and marketed in such a way as to convince the BB users out there in the marketplace (who have come to love and enjoy the solid base that was the email for enterprise and message beast that BB is/was/always will be) that this device was to be a media rich device, big fun factor all in a pretty red bow alongside the BB being the bar by which everything else is measured in as far as messaging.

They never hit the mark with the browser or the OS being fully functional/non glitchy

and now it appears (since the major carriers have all bailed on even selling the device, the same carriers that signed exclusivity agreements to bait us) that we are stuck with a device that will never get fixed... as RIM appears to have moved along... why release a phone with a capacitive touchscreen?! if shurepress technology would be worked on in the future? (ie future offerings in the Storm lineup)
    couldn't agree more. the main reason why people are frustrated is that even the official operating systems released by not just Verizon, but carriers around the world have not been "gold code". each has their own flaws. and it seems that 9 months is a long time to perfect the operating system, but with the lack of OS releases, it seems the phone has been abandoned. such is life with technology.
    08-03-10 03:53 PM

Silly question, but why would have you have bought a device that you considered "broken" in the 1st place?
    08-03-10 03:58 PM
    hate to jump on the bandwagon, but i am definitely leaving BB the day VZW gets a LTE android phone. RIM never came through on the promises made for the s2 and the fact that we are almost certainly not going to get OS6 is just the straw that broke the camels back. whatever happened to all my OpenGL games... i'm pretty sure there are less than 10 available. hooray for wi-fi... except that the OS5 browser isn't capable of rendering any faster than 3G when i am using it. increased RAM... great, but still not enough to run OS6. the list goes on and on. at the end of the day, the S2 is nothing more than a S1 with an improved version of surepress... which it looks like rim is ditching. none of the other upgrades were enough to matter as they are all having to be improved again on the "S2 refresh" to be able to run OS6.
    08-03-10 04:02 PM
    It wasn't/isn't "broken" it just has a few small flaws that render it less effective than initially promised.
    -no really good Media player (this phone was supposed to be Rim's media rich device)
    -buggy OS that still, nine months out requires the daily/weekly battery pull
    -very poor web browsing, we resort to things like Opera, bolt, etc and it still is not great.

That all being said these are items we were told by carrier reps, and industry "insiders" that would be fixed/addressed by either RIM updated software updates and apps or 3rd party apps... never happened, and surely won't happen now that the Storm2 has been EOL'ed...
    08-03-10 04:08 PM
    Just give us a leak. I bet it will work fine. I am running 5.0.743 hybrid with about 15 apps on my 9550 and I have 110mb available. Thats around half of the memory on my S2. I can't imagine that won't be enough if they can run it on a trackball device with 256mb. Maybe its because I stripped all the crap out of the OS and reduced it by 40 or 50 mbs but give those of us with a clue the option to have a real browser on the phone.
    08-03-10 04:35 PM

That is all.
    08-03-10 04:48 PM
    Well I loved my storm 2 but os wasn't great and six wasn't a great improvement. I'm glad I jumped to the droid **** guys the droid 1 got the recent droid os. Well its just dumb they are not releasing it to the storm 2. The only thing I miss about my bb is to be able to delete emails from phone and not server.

08-03-10 06:15 PM
    I'm also very upset that the stupid Bold is getting os6 but not the storm. This is very frustrating.

Today, we see many Storm owners turning crazy madness and probably becoming bb haters. Surely we don't want see Bold user starting to laugh at storm user and hate storm user!!!
    08-03-10 06:20 PM
    I'm disappointed but only because I'm human and as such, I naturally want MORE! I was completely satisfied with my S2 until I saw the new Torch running that OS 6. Now my S2 feels like a piece of crap.

I have a NE2 in February which I'm sure I can push up to tonight if I wanted. I'll see what VZW has to offer in the upcoming months. S2 refresh? S3? The next Android??? Whatever and probably pick that up. I was just so pleased with the Storm 2 and thought I finally had a fone I could keep for the full 2 years of my contract. As it is, I'll most likely have to upgrade again. I do it once a year because my wife doesn't care about fones as long as they can make calls so I get her upgrades .
    08-03-10 06:48 PM
    RIM really needs to suck my ****...I'm over it and moving on to either the iphone or android along with 99% of other storm 2 owners.
    99% - Please move on and take your ridiculous statistics and poor attitude with you.
    08-03-10 07:00 PM
    99% - Please move on and take your ridiculous statistics and poor attitude with you.
    U're telling me that your S2 doesn't at LEAST deserve ONE change compared to the current OS 5 version? You're completely happy with your S2?

How could RIM not just put in a Social Feed update for the OS 5? Or the Web-kit browser update? Or even a minor change like a change to the keyboard appearance/layout..which is terrible in S2! They've seriously drawn a line and said "**** anyone who bought these phones" and glorified the rest. They've tried to avoid this by going on and on about the torch.. and I can bet they KNOW they're gonna lose a lot of customers by this move.. but that's why they're banging on so much about the damn torch.. to hopefully make up for it with sales of those devices?

So seriously, I think 99% is a good statistic, esp for anyone who got a storm 2 in the past year. Give it another year when we can upgrade and we'll take our cash elsewhere for a company that can take care of their customers better! Even Apple did it better... and I feel ashamed saying that.
    08-03-10 08:01 PM
    I'm not mad.

08-03-10 08:05 PM
    U're telling me that your S2 doesn't at LEAST deserve ONE change compared to the current OS 5 version? You're completely happy with your S2?

How could RIM not just put in a Social Feed update for the OS 5? Or the Web-kit browser update? Or even a minor change like a change to the keyboard appearance/layout..which is terrible in S2! They've seriously drawn a line and said "**** anyone who bought these phones" and glorified the rest. They've tried to avoid this by going on and on about the torch.. and I can bet they KNOW they're gonna lose a lot of customers by this move.. but that's why they're banging on so much about the damn torch.. to hopefully make up for it with sales of those devices?

So seriously, I think 99% is a good statistic, esp for anyone who got a storm 2 in the past year. Give it another year when we can upgrade and we'll take our cash elsewhere for a company that can take care of their customers better! Even Apple did it better... and I feel ashamed saying that.
    you cant say that with a straight face.
    08-03-10 08:08 PM
    You will get more changes as they send out upgrades to OS5. Other than the speed of the browser, yes, I LOVE my Storm2.

How could RIM not just put in a Social Feed update for the OS 5? Or the Web-kit browser update?
    They explained the web-kit browser is an integral part of the BB6, so therefore they cannot just give us an updated browser.

Or even a minor change like a change to the keyboard appearance/layout..which is terrible in S2!
    The keyboard layout is terrible; in what way? You have your QWERTY or SureType, take your pick and typing on them is a BREEZE.

They've seriously drawn a line and said "**** anyone who bought these phones" and glorified the rest. They've tried to avoid this by going on and on about the torch.. and I can bet they KNOW they're gonna lose a lot of customers by this move.. but that's why they're banging on so much about the damn torch.. to hopefully make up for it with sales of those devices?

99% isn't a good statistic in ANY study, let alone Storm2 users leaving BB. You just don't like RIM or BB's and nothing they do could please you. Go buy your Android or iPhone and be happy.
    08-03-10 08:19 PM
    I revised the titled!

EDIT: Folks, LET the filter do it job, please don't try to work around it. OR better yet, choose your language with more care!
    PK! How do you feel about all this?
    08-04-10 01:04 AM
    Can someone explain to me this whole Storm 2 Refresh idea

Is it a serious thing, is there any backing behind it?

Or is it just something we are hoping to see?
    08-04-10 01:57 AM
    I'm still pissed at Motorola because both my RAZR and KRZR phones to THIS DAY still can't get my Outlook email sync'd up. They really need to update this OS.
    08-04-10 07:42 AM
    The end is near! The end is near! RIM is on its deathbed. After this electronic Waterloo only those that are forced to use a BB by their companies and a few die hard fanbois will still cling to the berry. A berry who's time has come and gone and has withered to rot on the vine of failure. Anyone remember the swift rise and even swifter fall of palm? I feel a sequel in the works! Watch how grasping and venomous the rabble of fanbois will be now! How they will pound the table like so many loathsome cattle. Yes... Cattle they are... Led to slaughter by their cruel master RIM. People! Listen unto me! Verily I say! We don't have to die with them! We can take our monies elsewhere and spend it more wisely on phones that will treat us better and are built to last longer than a month or two! They can even receive Os upgrades further out then nine months before being obsolete because their manufacturers packed them with enough technology to have a fighting chance! Our battle cry of the discontent and jaded is DDDDDRRRRRROOOOOOIIIIIIIIDDDDDDD!!! (or iPhone if you prefer)

08-04-10 08:14 AM
116 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD