U get the gist of it.

Rant on!

I paid just as much for a 9520 as my mate did for a 9700...
    WTF!!!
    **** YOU RIM!
    08-03-10 11:12 AM
    Just buy the "refresh". That will, at least, bring you into 2008!
    08-03-10 11:14 AM
    Most of us saw this coming, the S2 just doesn't have enough RAM.

Sell the phone and use the money to buy an OS 6 compatible device.
    08-03-10 11:16 AM
    Droid Lord11!!!! How's your droid phone repair status?

Wahaha. Didn't you know S2 will be 1st batch to receive OS6 next weeks to come? Thats why its not mentioned in the press release. The rest of the phones have to wait months since they are not tested by carrier yet!!! wahahaha.
    08-03-10 11:18 AM
    Hot cakes! Hot cakes!!! S1 selling 50 bucks and S2 selling 100bucks!!! Any taker?
    08-03-10 11:20 AM
    Shish happens. Deal with it or move on. Easy to do.
    08-03-10 11:20 AM
    Droid Lord11!!!! How's your droid phone repair status?
    ?

My phone isn't being repaired. There was never anything wrong with it.
    08-03-10 11:22 AM
    Most of us saw this coming, the S2 just doesn't have enough RAM.

So the 9700 with the same amount of memory does?
    08-03-10 11:32 AM
    Good point. I forgot to add, trackpad devices require less memory than touchscreen ones do, hence the exclusion of the S2 although it has the same amount of memory as the 9700.

One has to wonder how much extra memory the touchscreen uses, it can't be too much right? It sounds like the S2 may have barely missed the cut.
    08-03-10 11:33 AM
    Touchscreen versus Trackpad is the difference supposedly.
    08-03-10 11:34 AM
    I was kind of having second doubts about ordering a droidX. Now I'm so happy, I can't wait till it gets here so I can stop paying rim for their bs bis and get rid of their pos dumbphone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 11:37 AM
    RIM really needs to suck my ****...I'm over it and moving on to either the iphone or android along with 99% of other storm 2 owners.
    08-03-10 11:37 AM
    I revised the titled!

EDIT: Folks, LET the filter do it job, please don't try to work around it. OR better yet, choose your language with more care!
    08-03-10 11:38 AM
    Good point. I forgot to add, trackpad devices require less memory than touchscreen ones do, hence the exclusion of the S2 although it has the same amount of memory as the 9700.

One has to wonder how much extra memory the touchscreen uses, it can't be too much right? It sounds like the S2 may have barely missed the cut.
    I'm sure the S2 can run OS6, it's probably laggy as **** and any memory leaks will spell DOOM for getting any possible use out of the device.
    08-03-10 11:40 AM
    I like the original thread title better. No wonder rim bending over and taking it up the **** by ******** countries and regimes. Because it knows that it just lost a whole lot of users. Rim now stands for ******* In Manure

08-03-10 11:41 AM

At least Apple got it right by having the apps install onto the onboard storage vs in the very limited memory. I've never really fathomed aside from possible speed issues that PDA's and smartphones love to install apps into RAM vs an onboard storage solution, I understand removable cards, but my S2 has 2GB internal memory that could be used for app storage.
    08-03-10 11:41 AM
    It also has something to do with cdma devices........

Get a new phone.
    08-03-10 11:42 AM
    Okay,so is it getting Os6 or not?
    If it does not, I would be quite mad @ Rim, seriously... paid top $$$ for this unlocked device and now it is unable to run the new Os?
    C'mon!
    I am not sure what I will do in the future, stay with BB or move over to Android.
    Rim, not cool! Not cool at all!
    08-03-10 11:42 AM
    Not too upset, but not too pleased. I'm content with the BB platform. I might just hold out until the BB Storm 4 or is it 3 (LTE...not the refresh).
    08-03-10 11:44 AM
    Stop getting the newest phone and wait to get what works for you. No matter who makes it. Other option is to buy the phone you want. Otherwise, suck it up. ***this is meant for the "they owe me" people***
    08-03-10 11:45 AM
    It also has something to do with cdma devices........

Get a new phone.
    Elaborate as the 9650 is CDMA.

Get a new phone? Apple still supports iOS4 on their 3G and 3GS (the 3Gb being older than Storm 1) and Touch 2G. Sure a couple features are cut on iPhone 3G and Touch 2G (nothing a good jailbreak cannot fix). I think older 1.6 Androids are getting 2.x as well.
    08-03-10 11:46 AM
    I don't understand why people are so fired up. OS5 had just been released at storm 2 launch. They are now releasing software with new features that takes up too much memory for a touchscreen device. We were never told it would run Os6. Don't see where RIM is to blame. Disappointed, yes. Upset with RIM, no.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-03-10 11:48 AM
    I'm sure the issue probably is the lack of memory, but c'mon, a device that's less than a year old? OS6 has been cooking for easily that long. This is either really short-sighted on RIM's part, or just an excuse to make everybody buy a new device. The Storm 2 was supposed to be the "flagship" that took them to a whole new level!

If I wanted to waste my money every 6 months on new hardware, I'd buy an iPhone and pay the Apple Tax(TM) like everybody else.
    08-03-10 11:48 AM
    Elaborate as the 9650 is CDMA.
    Whats to elaborate? The 9650 has a 512 MB....
    08-03-10 11:53 AM
    I'm fine with os5. Os6 doesn't wow me too much. Just want a better browser. I don't really need it though. My laptop > droid x.

Now if they scrap surepress is when i'll use my upgrade on a droid. I'd rather have a droid without surepress than a blackberry without it.

08-03-10 11:54 AM
116 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD