PK! How do you feel about all this?
    This video clip from a classic movie (Network) pretty much sums it's up....

08-04-10 08:54 AM
    08-04-10 09:16 AM
    This video clip from a classic movie (Network) pretty much sums it's up....

My sentiments exactly!......great video.
    08-04-10 09:50 AM
    After the S1 and going through 3 Storm 2's, I finally jumped on the Droid bandwagon and got the X. This is as close to perfect (for me) as I can find. It lasts all day (for me) and no battery pulls since the beginning. My son had been making fun of me (in a nice way) ever since he dumped his Curve and got the original Motorola Droid. You owe it to yourselves to at least try it for 30 days. It took me 2 days to get comfortable with it. And every day I find something else I can do better than before. And to think, I have Macs all over my house and was thinking iPhone....Whew! That was a close call. I have never been so happy with a cell phone as I am now with my Droid X.
    08-04-10 09:51 AM
    I am not going to say its all okay because RIMM did not 'promise' to give storm2 users OS6. The truth is that storm2 users have all been on tenterhooks for this OS for months...and RIMM did not do ANYTHING to disabuse the notion of a storm2 OS6 upgrade...infact, i will go as far as to say that it the notion was tacitly encouraged!

Yeah, they could have discovered late in the day that the storm2 specs are not optimum for the upgrade... but at least a lightweight version of OS6, just to keep people happy; yes, JUST FOR THE SAKE OF THAT!, would have been nice. We did not just pick up the phone from the stores and providers for free afterall!

I am going to wait 3 weeks for the reviews on this 9800 to come in... if they still sound half as good as what im seeing around now, then i'll probably just cut my losses and sell my storm2 to add the balance to get the blackberry torch.

But if not, i guess im ditching RIMM. It is just not worth it when you see how Apple instintuates user experience... and RIMM, in addition to not particularly shaping up on phone specs, apps and functions, continue to dash millions of hopes around the planet for something that at least is on par with the iPhone and Droid X with each new release.

And that sums up my Rant
    08-04-10 10:02 AM
    You will get more changes as they send out upgrades to OS5. Other than the speed of the browser, yes, I LOVE my Storm2.

They explained the web-kit browser is an integral part of the BB6, so therefore they cannot just give us an updated browser.

The keyboard layout is terrible; in what way? You have your QWERTY or SureType, take your pick and typing on them is a BREEZE.

99% isn't a good statistic in ANY study, let alone Storm2 users leaving BB. You just don't like RIM or BB's and nothing they do could please you. Go buy your Android or iPhone and be happy.
    Well said!
    I would have loved BB6, just am not jumping ship nor do I hate my S2 because RIM was unable to update to it.
    08-04-10 10:06 AM
    I don't hate my storm 2 nor do I feel decieved by RIM. I feel disappointed in RIM and Verizon though, mainly Verizon for stopping testing. My next device will be more than likely another blackberry, probably not on Verizon though. That is unless my friends somehow convince me to try a droid. A phone is a phone. Meh.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 12:19 PM
    You owe it to yourself to at check out other options every now and then. That way you can confirm you have made the right decision.
    08-04-10 01:11 PM
    The 3GS has better hardware.

If anything, I think RIM learned a lesson with not going with the minimal hardware at release date. It just seems like they were working hard to play catch up that it was inevitable that a lot of existing devices would get left behind. Now that they appear to be caught up, we'll see what they do with their next generation of devices.
    With or without the camera flash and cut and paste.
    08-04-10 01:23 PM
    This is my second storm. And I was hoping that they would atleast make a lite version of bb6 but no **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU **** YOU
    08-04-10 01:24 PM
    I forgot to say after all of the F yous. Moving to A droid bye bye Research out of motion.
    08-04-10 01:28 PM
    OK why did someone shift this thread out of the S2 folder??? This is a thread about S2 and not S1... Can a moderator please place it back?

Cheers!
    08-04-10 01:50 PM
    it really doesnt belong there honestly. There are plenty of threads that have a much better purpose other than to cry about the storm 2 and RIM.
    08-04-10 02:13 PM
    I forgot to say after all of the F yous. Moving to A droid bye bye Research out of motion.
    They don't care and neither does anyone. Enjoy with your new device!
    08-04-10 02:49 PM
    Problem is, the only people who give a **** about whether they get an upgrade are in this forum. The average BB user could care less. OS5 runs well on the Storm 2, as they learned from their mistake with the Storm 1. If loading OS6 on a Storm 2 causes it to freeze and lag, why the **** would they release it to their customers? It would just make them mad.

Still, the lack of foresight is astounding. Storm 2 is 9 months old. Do their engineers even talk to each other?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 03:35 PM
    Most of us saw this coming, the S2 just doesn't have enough RAM.

Sell the phone and use the money to buy an OS 6 compatible device.
    Better yet, sell the phone unlocked.
    08-07-10 08:53 PM
116 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD