This blows. Can't wait for July 11 when I bid a due to RIM for good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 12:31 PM
    They're mad because this was touted as RIM's premiere device. This was the supposed "iPhone killer". Open GL graphics, Flash, WebKit browsing... we were led to believe THIS was the device made to do all of that. And it wasn't sold as a "crappy phone". This isn't the budget model we're talking about. It was the top-of-the-line, bleeding-edge, etc, etc.

People shelled out a lot of money because this was hyped as the next generation device, and now they feel misled.
    Gotta love marketing... but bwhahaha. Iphone killer.... thats peoples fault for expecting that to begin with.

NEWSFLASH: Your storm2 will be the exact same as it was before 6.0 gets released... It will work just fine, you will not lose anything.
    08-03-10 12:34 PM
    RIM never called the storm2 and "iphone killer" thats what every media source tries to call every new device that comes out if you believed that then your just plain stupid. Storm2 was a great phone at release but is now out dated the same thing will happen if you get and iphone, or android phone. Apple will continue to release new phone making your old one outdated and a new and better android device comes out every month making the previous months android outdated. Basically stop whining leave rim or dont no one cares this entire thread should be deleted
    08-03-10 12:44 PM
    I don't get all the ranting.
    I would have loved OS 6 on my S2, but had RIM promised lifetime upgrades that I don't remember?

I bought the phone the week it came out because, for me, it was the best device on the market. I didn't buy it because I hoped 9 months later a new OS would arrive that would make it better...

Do you guys do the same thing when your car manufacturer releases their next years model 6 months after you bought yours, and proclaim that you will never buy another Honda ever again!
    08-03-10 12:46 PM
    They already made the decision not to release it.. so you can change your statement to "RIM did make a HUGE mistake by not making OS6 available for storm 2". Which technically is not true. This will NOT affect RIM what so ever in sales.
    I think it'll have some affect. RIM's "mistake" was to release a lame *** clamshell for Verizon for the CDMA folks.

It's the reason why I got an Android phone. I have no ill feelings towards RIM or anything, just the lack of new product for this year (I prefer touchscreens to physical QWERTY keyboards) I think will have a few RIM folks on Verizon try out Android.

I didn't feel like waiting until the holiday season or whenever RIM releases their next touchscreen to see if its worth getting.
    08-03-10 12:48 PM
    I don't get all the ranting.
    I would have loved OS 6 on my S2, but had RIM promised lifetime upgrades that I don't remember?

I bought the phone the week it came out because, for me, it was the best device on the market. I didn't buy it because I hoped 9 months later a new OS would arrive that would make it better...

Do you guys do the same thing when your car manufacturer releases their next years model 6 months after you bought yours, and proclaim that you will never buy another Honda ever again!
    +1 people whine and complain for no reason unfortunately it seems as if technology moves a little to fast for some people haha, just like computers video games cars movies literally every electronic device updates itself and makes the consumer buy new again if they want the newest device, if you want that expect to shell out alot of dough
    08-03-10 12:49 PM
    Did you guys notice the video? the 9800 screen wasn't impressive at all due no surepress, seem like guy even have problem typing a full url.
    08-03-10 12:51 PM
    NEWSFLASH: Your storm2 will be the exact same as it was before 6.0 gets released... It will work just fine, you will not lose anything.
    You're right, I literally won't LOSE anything. But I most likely won't see OS fixes, major app updates, or new applications either. Most developers will kiss OS5 goodbye and move on within just a couple of months.
    08-03-10 12:51 PM
    I think it'll have some affect. RIM's "mistake" was to release a lame *** clamshell for Verizon for the CDMA folks.

It's the reason why I got an Android phone. I have no ill feelings towards RIM or anything, just the lack of new product for this year (I prefer touchscreens to physical QWERTY keyboards) I think will have a few RIM folks on Verizon try out Android.

I didn't feel like waiting until the holiday season or whenever RIM releases their next touchscreen to see if its worth getting.
    so are you going to be upset when a new android comes out every month from now through the holidays? what about if android 3.0 comes out within the next two years and your droidx isnt supported? Im not some blackberry fanboy or android hater im just trying to make the point that every single platform does these exact same things
    08-03-10 12:52 PM
    waiting for .8xx OS leak or official. wahahaha.
    08-03-10 12:54 PM
    so are you going to be upset when a new android comes out every month from now through the holidays? what about if android 3.0 comes out within the next two years and your droidx isnt supported? Im not some blackberry fanboy or android hater im just trying to make the point that every single platform does these exact same things
    I guess you missed the part where I said, "I have no ill feelings towards RIM".

Like I said, it was time for renewal, and RIM didn't really have anything to offer for Verizon in the foreseeable future that interested me so I figured I'd try the Droid X...if I didn't like it I did have 30 days to make up my mind after all.

I'm sure others are looking to do something similar under Verizon, especially with their early upgrade promo they've been running lately.

It won't ruin or crush RIM or anything catastrophic, but I think it'll affect their sales for sure for the time being, until they come out with OS 6 products (attractive ones) for Verizon.
    08-03-10 12:56 PM
    The 9800 will neither help RIM to conquer more market share nor will retain more existing consumer.
    08-03-10 12:56 PM
    OS6 isn't even the reason why I've already ordered my Droid X.

Technology moves at the speed of light. What has fristrated me with my S2 and RIM was that 9 months ago I didn't do enough homework when the S2 was released. 256mb in a converged device with today's bandwidth? Shame on my. RIM made some of us stupid consumers (me being one of them) believe that the S2 was a killer touchscreen device. 9 months later it's already obsolete (technically speaking). Who knows how fast the Droid X will be obsolete, but side-by-side the hardware is leaps and bounds above the S2.
    08-03-10 12:58 PM
    I didn't buy it with the hopes of a new OS either. But I did buy it partly because the WebKit browser was "coming soon". Flash was "coming soon". And this was supposedly the phone built for handling all these wonderful new technologies.

I don't agree with the "OMFG lets sue RIM ill never buy another berry" reaction, but I certainly admit that my expectation was that a top-end phone 9 months ago would be a little more future proof.
    08-03-10 12:59 PM
    RIM is going to throw all the remaining 256MB S2 to south korea while all other countries are now stopping their shipment.
    08-03-10 12:59 PM
    I guess you missed the part where I said, "I have no ill feelings towards RIM".

Like I said, it was time for renewal, and RIM didn't really have anything to offer for Verizon in the foreseeable future that interested me so I figured I'd try the Droid X...if I didn't like it I did have 30 days to make up my mind after all.

I'm sure others are looking to do something similar under Verizon, especially with their early upgrade promo they've been running lately.

It won't ruin or crush RIM or anything catastrophic, but I think it'll affect their sales for sure for the time being, until they come out with OS 6 products (attractive ones) for Verizon.
    sorry i misread that. with all the whining complaining and ranting by others it seemed to be just another one of those posts. i am sorry i expunge my previous statement =)
    08-03-10 01:00 PM
    You're right, I literally won't LOSE anything. But I most likely won't see OS fixes, major app updates, or new applications either. Most developers will kiss OS5 goodbye and move on within just a couple of months.
    Is there anything severely wrong with your OS? Are your apps broken?

I don't see why anybody really NEEDS OS 6. Aren't the apps you have on your phone good enough? When given options, the consumer doesn't just expect, they DEMAND more.

If you all wanted apps, you bought the wrong phone. Shoulda gotten an iPhone.
    08-03-10 01:04 PM
    Wahaha... everybody is just hoping to get freebies and especially the .... WEBKIT BROWSER.
    08-03-10 01:12 PM
    RIM is going to throw all the remaining 256MB S2 to south korea while all other countries are now stopping their shipment.
    Wahaha... everybody is just hoping to get freebies and especially the .... WEBKIT BROWSER.
    The 9800 will neither help RIM to conquer more market share nor will retain more existing consumer.
    waiting for .8xx OS leak or official. wahahaha.
    Why do you post 47 worthless comments in the same thread? Is it just me, or does this guy make sense to someone here?
    Last edited by plkcable; 08-03-10 at 01:17 PM.
    08-03-10 01:13 PM
    I'm going to try to hang on to my S2 until it's upgrade time, but that's not till next summer. I have to say I am very disappointed in the news of no OS upgrade for a fairly new phone. I will probably move over to an android based phone after this one.
    08-03-10 01:14 PM
    sorry i misread that. with all the whining complaining and ranting by others it seemed to be just another one of those posts. i am sorry i expunge my previous statement =)
    No worries.

Heck, I'd love a Blackberry touchscreen phone running smoothly on OS 6. Alas, I'm locked in for a year, can't wait to see what Apple, Google, and RIM have in store then.
    08-03-10 01:17 PM
    I still love my S2, it does everything I want it to do. I really like what I see in OS6 but I don't want a slider so will stick with what I got for now. I wanted an all touch screen device and liked the SurePress idea. Now with RIM appearently dumpuing surepress, I feel like I got a dinosaur.
    08-03-10 01:30 PM
    Is there anything severely wrong with your OS? Are your apps broken?
    Stability has been known a problem with the VZW OS releases on the Storm 2 for quite a while now. No, nothing is severely wrong. But it's not solid either. I'm hoping that point releases continue to come out for it, but I'm not holding my breath.

And are you telling me you don't use any third-party apps on your phone? All you do is make calls with it and look at the calendar? I doubt it.

I'm just telling it like it is. Developers are going to start moving to the new platform, just like with OS'es on computers. I won't lie and say it doesn't disappoint me though.
    08-03-10 01:35 PM
    Why do you post 47 worthless comments in the same thread? Is it just me, or does this guy make sense to someone here?
    because he is acting like a troll and posting gibberish all over in several threads
    08-03-10 01:38 PM
    Let's start off by trying to explain the reason that most of us S2 owners are upset, frustrated, and let down. When the S1 was released, it was touted as the iPhone killer from RIM. However, the S1 fell extremely short of that claim. Then, the S2 was released with updates that really should have been how the S1 should have been released. There were hopes due to rumors of things to come from RIM. All of us Storm owners waited and waited patiently and, now, RIM sounds like they're giving all us, Storm owners, the shaft! There is truly a sense of no support from RIM. However, we shouldn't be jumping the gun until we officially find out that OS6 really isn't coming to the S2. Granted, RIM had to probably do what they did in order to survive over the long run. I believe their strategic plan blew up as the competition surpassed them in other areas and then the iPhone really delivered a deafening blow. For whatever RIM's reasons, this has left a bad taste in a lot of their loyal customers. OS6 may actually cause them to lose marketshare in the short term. If OS6 won't work on the S2, my wife and I will be leaving RIM because of the lack of support for their prior devices. Yes, the argument can be made about older vehicles, etc., but if Apple still supports their prior generations of iPhones, then that is something to consider. I really really hope that OS6 does come to the S2 and maybe more devices than what we saw on this morning's blog.
    08-03-10 01:40 PM
116 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD