RIM will be making a HUGE mistake if it doesn't make OS6 available for Storm 2. There will be sour grapes and its loyal customers will leave in droves.
    08-03-10 11:56 AM
    Yeah, I'm mad. I thinking of moving to an iphone, and pay the ETF.
    08-03-10 11:56 AM
    I'd be happy if S2 could get a stable OS post .451! 607 sucked and I didn't even bother with 713.
    08-03-10 11:57 AM
    Wow, just wow. Very dissapointed with RIM. Ill give it a few more days to get unequivocal answer from them if such will ever come but it looks like its goodbye bb for me.
    08-03-10 11:58 AM
    Whats to elaborate? The 9650 has a 512 MB....
    So CDMA devices use more memory?
    08-03-10 11:58 AM
    I'd be happy if S2 could get a stable OS post .451! 607 sucked and I didn't even bother with 713.
    Spot on. People ask why 9550 owners are upset - we haven't gotten a decent OS to begin with. None of the bugs make the phone inoperable but it still inexcusable for a "final" release. I shouldn't have to do a battery pull every week because the keyboard in my SMS thread refuses to open.

I was hoping OS6 would fix my 9 MONTH OLD AND STILL BUGGY DEVICE but I guess not. This is aggravating. I love RIM (even own their stock) but this may have broken the camel's back.
    08-03-10 12:03 PM
    Well,

I recently bought a Moto droid.

BUT, I did not buy it to leave blackberry.

They are both great phones and they both are better at certain things.

So I switch between my storm 2 and my droid from time to time.

But I am pretty upset about this OS6 thing. I thought for sure OS6 would hit my Storm 2, and make me want my storm 2 over my droid again.

But this is bad news.....
    I am not eligible for an upgrade for another year and a half. Which means I wont be able to upgrade to a OS6 blackberry.

My droid is running 2.2 and has full mobile flash. The speed of the browser destroys my blackberry.

I was waiting on OS6 to give my storm 2 that fast browser. But Its not coming.

Sadly..... it looks like I wont be with blackberry again for another year and a half.
    08-03-10 12:08 PM
    Im very dissapointed with th announcement today....and im mad as ****!!!!so what are we gonna do?sue RIM to get our money back?or sumthing like burn down their office?whatever it is im in..
    08-03-10 12:08 PM
    Spot on. People ask why 9550 owners are upset - we haven't gotten a decent OS to begin with. None of the bugs make the phone inoperable but it still inexcusable for a "final" release. I shouldn't have to do a battery pull every week because the keyboard in my SMS thread refuses to open.

I was hoping OS6 would fix my 9 MONTH OLD AND STILL BUGGY DEVICE but I guess not. This is aggravating. I love RIM (even own their stock) but this may have broken the camel's back.
    +1. Furthermore, why isn't it a possibility to use a little of the user space as (swap) memory? That wouldn't be too hard to implement... Also I am very disappointed, maybe a little bit sad, but also quite angry. Their flagship device should freaking get an major OS update! Even the crappy Vodafone 845 (which costs 99� prepaid) can run Android 2.1!
    08-03-10 12:09 PM
    RIM will be making a HUGE mistake if it doesn't make OS6 available for Storm 2. There will be sour grapes and its loyal customers will leave in droves.
    They already made the decision not to release it.. so you can change your statement to "RIM did make a HUGE mistake by not making OS6 available for storm 2". Which technically is not true. This will NOT affect RIM what so ever in sales.

I don't get why people are mad... This is the electronic industry. Nothing is perfect and certainly DOES NOT HAVE TO be upgradeable. People make bad decisions when buying electronics all the time. There are tonnnns of crappy phones out there that have lots of problems, but guess what? You just deal with it and move on. No sense in complaining about it.
    08-03-10 12:10 PM
    Thanks for the title change pkcable. I was way too mad to care just then.

This is plain ridiculous.... I'm defo leaving RIM. There's no way that the S2 does not deserve a slimmed OS6 at LEAST.. That's all that I was expecting. I mean look at Apple! They got it right by making iOS4 available for their previous device, i.e. the 3GS. True that the Iphone 3G can't run their iOS4 for nuts.. but still, the 3GS runs it just fine!!

VERY VERY Disappointed with this news. Waited for this for MONTHS.
    08-03-10 12:11 PM
    They already made the decision not to release it.. so you can change your statement to "RIM did make a HUGE mistake by not making OS6 available for storm 2". Which technically is not true. This will NOT affect RIM what so ever in sales.

I don't get why people are mad... This is the electronic industry. Nothing is perfect and certainly DOES NOT HAVE TO be upgradeable. People make bad decisions when buying electronics all the time. There are tonnnns of crappy phones out there that have lots of problems, but guess what? You just deal with it and move on. No sense in complaining about it.
    We're certainly still in the "dealing with it face".

Ranting helps!
    08-03-10 12:12 PM
    I think somebody will leak 9550 6.0.0.xxx. Granted that it wont be supported by Verizon, it should make some of you happy.

And hopefully the phone will still have 40-50 megs free for apps. It's all I need. We'll see.
    08-03-10 12:13 PM
    The bigger issue here is having to lock into a 2 year agreement with a carrier. The way these phones are coming out every 2 months now, it is unfair to make customers have to wait that long to upgrade. When people say, "Just deal with it and get a new phone" they need to understand that someone with a Storm 2 less than a year old is obviously frustrated by this and cannot just go and get another phone if they have another year on their contract unless they want to purchase a phone at retail which is like $500. I do believe that RIM really did hold back on announcing the supported devices because they knew the Droid, Droid X, IPhone 4, among others were coming out this summer and didn't want people jumping ship. In my case it didn't work as I will be upgrading to the Droid X next week as my upgrade is available. Good riddance RIM.
    08-03-10 12:13 PM
    +1. Furthermore, why isn't it a possibility to use a little of the user space as (swap) memory? That wouldn't be too hard to implement... Also I am very disappointed, maybe a little bit sad, but also quite angry. Their flagship device should freaking get an major OS update! Even the crappy Vodafone 845 (which costs 99� prepaid) can run Android 2.1!
    discussed to death, research it in other threads
    08-03-10 12:14 PM
    Droid Lord11!!!! How's your droid phone repair status?

Wahaha. Didn't you know S2 will be 1st batch to receive OS6 next weeks to come? Thats why its not mentioned in the press release. The rest of the phones have to wait months since they are not tested by carrier yet!!! wahahaha.
    Brand new one in hand. Thanks for asking.

I wasn't surprised that Tour was EOL'd after 11 months with all it's hardware issues. But then Storm2 got EOL'd in 9! There was no effort to make S2 a decent device, and IMO kind of a slap in the face to those who are stuck with it for 2 years and still can't get a decent OS to load on it.
    as mentioned we will eventually see a leak i would think which is what most will want anyway. VZW is **** for picking OSs for the device
    08-03-10 12:15 PM
    Wahaha. Didn't you know S2 will be 1st batch to receive OS6 next weeks to come? Thats why its not mentioned in the press release. The rest of the phones have to wait months since they are not tested by carrier yet!!! wahahaha.
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. What color is the sky on your planet?

If OS' 320, 607 and 713 are any indication of testing, then OS6 will be a complete POS on S2.
    08-03-10 12:17 PM
    I'm sure the issue probably is the lack of memory, but c'mon, a device that's less than a year old? OS6 has been cooking for easily that long. This is either really short-sighted on RIM's part, or just an excuse to make everybody buy a new device. The Storm 2 was supposed to be the "flagship" that took them to a whole new level!

If I wanted to waste my money every 6 months on new hardware, I'd buy an iPhone and pay the Apple Tax(TM) like everybody else.
    Agree 100%. Hoping that they have something else in mind for S2 owners because, as it seems, some people are a little disappointed, including me.

I don't understand why people are so fired up. OS5 had just been released at storm 2 launch. They are now releasing software with new features that takes up too much memory for a touchscreen device. We were never told it would run Os6. Don't see where RIM is to blame. Disappointed, yes. Upset with RIM, no.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Might be because when OS5 was released, it was able to run on not only 256 meg devices, but also a lot of previous models that had enough memory. Plenty of Curve owners out there that squeezed OS5 on.
    08-03-10 12:18 PM
    They're mad because this was touted as RIM's premiere device. This was the supposed "iPhone killer". Open GL graphics, Flash, WebKit browsing... we were led to believe THIS was the device made to do all of that. And it wasn't sold as a "crappy phone". This isn't the budget model we're talking about. It was the top-of-the-line, bleeding-edge, etc, etc.

People shelled out a lot of money because this was hyped as the next generation device, and now they feel misled.
    08-03-10 12:23 PM
    My bb9530 has limited amount of memory and usually runs out after installing about 3 apps. On top of that all the forced on apps? all the freezes? we need to resort to hybrids to have this expensive phone to work like a phone. Im paying a lot for a phone that doesn't have much performance, if i pay a lot i expect a lot, not low performance. Honestly i feel even the chocolate, or the Envy is better that a BB storm.

Thank you forum for letting me blow some of this steam off :P
    08-03-10 12:24 PM
    Thanks for the title change pkcable. I was way too mad to care just then.

This is plain ridiculous.... I'm defo leaving RIM. There's no way that the S2 does not deserve a slimmed OS6 at LEAST.. That's all that I was expecting. I mean look at Apple! They got it right by making iOS4 available for their previous device, i.e. the 3GS. True that the Iphone 3G can't run their iOS4 for nuts.. but still, the 3GS runs it just fine!!

VERY VERY Disappointed with this news. Waited for this for MONTHS.
    The 3GS has better hardware.

If anything, I think RIM learned a lesson with not going with the minimal hardware at release date. It just seems like they were working hard to play catch up that it was inevitable that a lot of existing devices would get left behind. Now that they appear to be caught up, we'll see what they do with their next generation of devices.
    08-03-10 12:26 PM

I somehow agree with "This will NOT affect RIM what so ever in sales", but at least RIM shud make a lighter OS.6 for storm 2 or sumthing else new to ease our dissapointment ...this piece of **** is a high end blackberry phone and not yet a year since it released!and it cannot be upgraded while onyx (a blackberry with a same price) can be upgraded!? its soooo daamn make sense in complaining about it...
    08-03-10 12:28 PM
    My storm 2 is going on ebay tomorrow. Once a loyal customer, I have had enough of RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-10 12:31 PM
116 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD