SO with the 'press any key to abort' warning, which I do, it tries not only to shut off but stay on at the same time. So while trying to shut off it's going through constant screen image changes. I don't know how else to explain.

It started to do this tonight, on it's own, I wasn't even touching it.
    Ive done the batt pull many times, got a different battery. Not that either.

It can't stay on even when charging to the wall or pc. During this last bout with it, it was able to get through the rebooting stage, but while Poynt is asking if I want it to allow access to things, It gives me the hand held shutting off, press any key to abort, again, and while trying to do that it's still going through the reboot process and all kinds of stuff is going on. Like its confused.
    im confused.

Can't return it, got it 2nd hand. Would really like to fix it cause I actually do like this phone.

thoughts?
    07-06-10 05:28 AM
    It could be a software glitch...have you considered maybe wiping the device and reloading the OS?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 06:07 AM
    I could try. Does it need to stay powered on at all to wipe it. Cause It wont stay on long at all and now the screen is flashing on and off. And to top it off, I have no signal and my phone no longer works since it's unlocked. It's like im having 2 seperate issues. Like tmo cut me off or something, which I heard was happening with unlocked phones. And wonky software, glitchy things happening.

ugh.
    07-06-10 06:44 AM
    Backup contacts, emails, sms etc..

Wipe your OS.

Your phone is behaving as if there's changes made to the phone. e.g. installation etc. What did you install lately?
    07-06-10 07:28 AM
    I haven't installed anything. I was even thinking it's been so long since I updated the os, I think im running .323.... It was working fine. then, it just got weird. I didn't even touch it.

I will probably do a wipe in the morning then. Im really glad I backed it up earlier. Also really starting to think that tmo is messing me up too. Since I couldnt get any service from the storm.

My old 9000 works so I will use that until I get this worked out.
    sadness.
    07-06-10 07:41 AM
    Well I'm not too sure as to the extent of what tmo can do as I live in canada and we use different providers but I say definitely wipe the unit and no I don't think it needs to stay on for long periods of time...

Hope it works out for you!!
    07-06-10 08:29 AM
    I have to call tmo. When i try to set up internet email, the spinning clock thing is going crazy and it gets stuck there. Also no signal, goes to Verizon message, but like i said, im unlocked on tmobile.
    07-06-10 03:14 PM
    Can you do a successful backup? If you can try backing up your apps too using bbsak, then do a security wipe by going to options/security/security wipe
    07-06-10 09:50 PM
    Make sure all the T6 screws in the back are tight.
    07-06-10 10:38 PM
    Thanks everyone. I followed many suggestions and it seems to be back to normal. I updated the software while I was at it too. We will see how it goes.

Thank goodness for crackberry.
    07-07-10 04:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD