Has anybody's S2 been running some sort of update today. Since 9:30 Pacific I noticed my phone is doing some sort of communication. I tried to Google Sync and it told me it was unable while the BB was updating. It didn't say what it was doing though. Anyway, the communication arrow over the status bar has been pointing away all day today. So much so that my battery as gone from 80% to 30% with minimal use on my part. I turned it off once (power off icon) and back on and the arrow resumed.

I do not know of any way to check what the device is doing, but thought I would check with you all to find out if you notice it too. Something from RIM possibly?
    06-24-10 05:17 PM
    its it downloading 713?
    06-24-10 06:40 PM
    hmmm idk...
    06-24-10 11:36 PM
    Maybe itsthe new .713 Wireless OS coming thru?
    06-25-10 09:48 AM
    Has anybody's S2 been running some sort of update today. Since 9:30 Pacific I noticed my phone is doing some sort of communication. I tried to Google Sync and it told me it was unable while the BB was updating. It didn't say what it was doing though. Anyway, the communication arrow over the status bar has been pointing away all day today. So much so that my battery as gone from 80% to 30% with minimal use on my part. I turned it off once (power off icon) and back on and the arrow resumed.

I do not know of any way to check what the device is doing, but thought I would check with you all to find out if you notice it too. Something from RIM possibly?
    Are you sure its not an app?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-25-10 10:52 AM
    i would have tried a batt pull to clear anything running in the background.
    06-25-10 12:45 PM
    I just checked for a wireless update...I got nada. I'm on 607.
    06-25-10 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD