I have done a search and come up with nothing solid.

My question is about the IP address on my S2. I found it by dialing #4357* from the phone screen. I also checked it via the BB browser by googling "what is my IP address". I used the same search term through opera (on google) and came up with an IP there.

Here's this interesting part...all three IP addresses are different. So, when visiting a website on the phone, which address is reported to the site? Say, for example, a website that logs IP's and restricts traffic based on them. Which IP is it picking up?

Additionally, I noticed that the IP via opera changes every time I close the browser and reopen it. I haven't checked the other ones to see if they change yet.

Does anyone have any insight on this?
    04-15-10 08:41 PM
    The browers go through a NOC so when you use the BB browser the ip you see on what's my ip is rims ip. In opera you see their ip. Your real ip is the one you saw on your phone. You can have the ip your wifi router gave your phone and the one your carrier gave your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 09:56 PM
    So which IP do the websites I visit see? I would assume that since when I visit a "what's my IP" website it shows an ever changing one that is the one any website would see. Could/would a website ever see the static IP that is on my phones admin screen?
    04-15-10 09:58 PM
    That depends on what browser you use. If you use the RIM one, it'll pull up the IP of the RIM Proxy servers. If you use Opera, it'll use one of the Opera Proxy servers. Etc... It's how a BB works... it's a server/client thing.
    04-15-10 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD