I know i'm gonna hate myself for this, but i'm getting caught up in all of the hype and
    my yearly upgrade is coincidentally here, never thought i'd want a touchscreen, but the thought of a phone small enough to pocket with a big enough screen to read sideways without my glasses is making me want to leave my pearl.
    For those of you that have already tested these, how pocketable are they? I know the voyagers are prone to stress cracks on the screens, what are your thoughts?, pocket dialing, is the standby recessed enough to not dial the world or take a zillion snapshots of my pocket?
    I already feel like i'm cheating on my first love...
    11-11-08 10:32 AM
    The Storm is definitely pocktable. Specs are: W 4.4 L 2.5 D 0.5
    Remember the lock button is on top and the device won't be doing anything in your pocket you don't want it to. The build quality is very nice. It's solid, and the backdoor being metal is great.
    11-11-08 10:37 AM
    Remember the lock button is on top and the device won't be doing anything in your pocket you don't want it to. The build quality is very nice. It's solid, and the backdoor being metal is great.
    That is the awesomesauce....you get more Thunder X!!!!

Also, I take it I will have to change all of the chargers and USB cables I have collected over the years from mini-usb to micro-usb?
    Last edited by Storm24; 11-11-08 at 10:47 AM.
    11-11-08 10:42 AM
    I am not CX but I was told yesturday by "P" that the usb had been changed and I would have to get a new car charger for the phone. It will come with the USB, home charger

That is the awesomesauce....you get more Thunder X!!!!

Also, I take it I will have to change all of the chargers and USB cables I have collected over the years from mini-usb to micro-usb?
    11-11-08 11:09 AM
    according to the specs, yes the port has been changed to the micro usb port that is becoming standard for mobile phones.

why not spend around $10 for a mini-to-micro usb adapter instead of investing in all new chargers

just a thought
    11-11-08 11:27 AM
    Thanks, I had a feeling that's what you'd say, i'm already starting to feel cheap and sleazy....

i'm sure next'll be the 3.2m camera rocks out pics and vids play like a big screen compared to a pearl....
    11-11-08 11:28 AM
    honestly? because I didn't know there was such a thing til you just told me lol!! I'm not into all that type stuff I get whatever the reps tell me I need to buy and pray they are honest. lol!! That's why I try to deal with the same sales person for the last 3 years. But can you give me a link or more info on where to get this from and how does it work? I just adapt it to the charger I have now?
    thanks

according to the specs, yes the port has been changed to the micro usb port that is becoming standard for mobile phones.

why not spend around $10 for a mini-to-micro usb adapter instead of investing in all new chargers

just a thought
    11-11-08 11:44 AM
    I know the voyagers are prone to stress cracks on the screens, what are your thoughts?
    I'd suggest investing in a hard case, etc. and on top of that put the phone in your pocket alone and with the screen facing your leg. That's what I do with all of my phones.

Almost every one of my friends who has an Alias no longer has the front screen due to being cracked and destroyed....i've had mine for over a year and it's only got a few scratches and they're only on the body of the phone...not on the screen.
    11-11-08 11:49 AM
    since i am a newbie from a posting perspective, i cannot post any links but if you go out to Amazon and do a search for "mini micro usb adapter" that should direct you in the right direction.

results talk about it being for motorola but i currently use a motorola car charger on my BB so it would be to safe to say you would be able to use it on any mini charger to micro usb phone.

i hope this helps.
    11-11-08 11:58 AM
    so this will work on my BB? and it will not void any warranty? they are weird here at Telus they claim these thype brands will void your warranty. just asking though. It's not like I'd call and tell them I had it lol!! thanks for the info.

Amazon.com: OEM Motorola MicroUSB USB EMU MU Adapter for RAZR2 V8 V9 V9m Q9h model SKN6252: Cell Phones & Service

since i am a newbie from a posting perspective, i cannot post any links but if you go out to Amazon and do a search for "mini micro usb adapter" that should direct you in the right direction.

results talk about it being for motorola but i currently use a motorola car charger on my BB so it would be to safe to say you would be able to use it on any mini charger to micro usb phone.

i hope this helps.
    11-11-08 01:00 PM
    Im sure that would work, and I dont believe it changes the voltage that is passed through your device in terms of charging--so you should be safe.

In general tho, I dont like using moto chargers with BB devices. They do work, but I believe the voltages are different.
    11-11-08 01:15 PM
    honestly? because I didn't know there was such a thing til you just told me lol!! I'm not into all that type stuff I get whatever the reps tell me I need to buy and pray they are honest. lol!! That's why I try to deal with the same sales person for the last 3 years. But can you give me a link or more info on where to get this from and how does it work? I just adapt it to the charger I have now?
    thanks
    Here you go Sarah. You might can find cheaper I'm not sure.

Blackberry 9530 Micro/Mini USB N300 Charger N300-9779
    11-11-08 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD