06-30-10 05:04 AM
50 12
tools
    Is any one expirience with not having Russian Input Language in this build. I have it on .90. I did download last night .109 and could not find it, so I have to go back to .90 since I am using it for sending emails. It did have Russian language support but not input option. Any help would be great. Thank you.
    02-27-09 01:55 PM
    Oh well, I guess nobody use Russian to send emails?
    02-27-09 03:04 PM
    Russian has disappeared from the builds as of .103, along with Arabic... I was able to move all the Russian language files from .99 to .103 and then to .109 with no problems.

Check this thread for more information -
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ad...-103-a-157866/
    02-27-09 03:20 PM
    Thank you very much. I will try this when I will have chance, I hope I will be able to do it since I have windows XP not Vista. Thanks again
    02-27-09 03:39 PM
    Good luck! I did it under XP as well as I'm skipping Vista altogether... Hopefully, Russian language support will be part of the official release! Could anyone in the know hint us whether it is back in the current (.12x-.13x) builds or not?
    02-27-09 03:49 PM
    Thank you. I am most likely will need it. I hope VZW put Russian Language Support back. I called them about 2 month ago asking for help, CS rep. told me she would call back with info, never happend. Leaked OS had it so I never bozred to call back. Will see. Once again thank you for your help and will let you know how that turned out for me.
    02-27-09 04:46 PM
    Hi Extremecyst. I did try last night. But I did something wrong, because under input language blank space. So I have to go back to .90. Any thoughts? I did copy all java folder since I could not find separate lines. I did search and pop up only one line for russian. do you know if Sith hybrid version has it Russian Language input? Thank you very much.

Alex.
    03-04-09 11:12 AM
    Bimmer, no, you shouldn't have copied all the Java files! Ok, this is what you need to do:

1. Uninstall .109 from your PC and reinstall again.

2. Copy the following files from

\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.99_P4.0.0.125\Java

to

\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.109_P4.0.0.136\Java

net_rim_bb_crypto_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_diagnostic_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_elt_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_ldap_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_passwordkeeper_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_aim_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_google_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_icq_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_msn_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_yahoo_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bbapi_pim_res__ru.cod
    net_rim_bis_client__ru.cod
    net_rim_crypto_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_runtime_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_secureemail_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_russian_45k_2.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_russian_eg_ltr.cod
    net_rim_vad_resource__ru.cod

3. Copy blackberry.alx from

\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.99_P4.0.0.125

to

\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\9530-v4.7.0.109_P4.0.0.136

4. Run DM, go to Update software, select .109 and make sure that "Russian Characters and Font Support" and "Russian" in Language and Input Support are checked. Upgrade.

Good luck!

BTW, I didn't try any hybrids and I can't tell for sure whether those builds have Russian support or not...
    03-04-09 01:13 PM
    za rodinu mat' rodnuyu!

didnt know storm supported russian. klyovo.
    03-04-09 03:54 PM
    Thank you very much Extremecyst. It worked. Just finished installing. Will see how .109 hold up. Have a great day. I will be more then happy be able to help you one day.
    03-05-09 03:17 PM
    Cool that it worked for you! Isn't this forum great?

and yes, of course -

za rodinu mat' rodnuyu!

http://www.hzabei.ru/flash/tvor/chelovek.mp3

03-07-09 01:26 AM
    Wow, thx a lot for this!!

Been looking for a better way to do Russian on my storm.
    Been using BBTrans to "translate" then copy and paste, but its tedious. This will make it so much easier!
    Just have to get .09 XD

Thanks again!

P.S. that song is nice. The begining reminds me of Titanic >.>;
    03-07-09 06:30 PM
    Privet, everybody!
    There is a forum for BB in Russian :
    BlackBerry. Новости, советы и форум
    In "non-official OS" section a guy called TIMER put references for beta OS and put Russian files with description how to install. He compiled russian files form .85. I made the same as hom but from .90. The only minus : there is no green GO button in explorer anymore!
    Just for your info : I have 9500
    If somebody is interested for the files I have, write me to atarasov@alvastar.ru, I will send you the set.
    03-07-09 07:30 PM
    Russian is back in .114! Hopefully, it will stay this way in future versions. The .114 dial pad fix doesn't seem to affect Russian support in any way Nice release overall, if anyone is on the fence with .114, don't listen to resident ignorant аssноlеs, it's a worthwhile upgrade!
    03-11-09 04:05 PM
    I like .109 but memmory does not hold in the best way. Do you think .114 worth to try, sense I do not have as much time know to mess around? I am still having little leg in typing and accelerometor slagish.
    03-16-09 01:31 PM
    I tried .114 and it does have a few annoyances so I ended up running this .113/.114 hybrid -

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/in...hybrid-180697/

The process is quite simple - just copy Java files from .113 to .114. .113 doesn't have Russian, but .114 does and the system will use the files from .114.

The memory management looks better with the hybrid - I get at least 3 days without a battery pull - not bad, considering that I had to schedule a nightly pull while on .109.

A bit of lag is still present in the browser... Some guys replace other software modules to improve on this, but I am kinda busy myself these days so I have decided not to experiment any further...

Good luck!
    03-16-09 04:40 PM
    Thank you. I will try if I get to it.Спасибо. Хорошего дня Всем.
    03-16-09 05:15 PM
    Try the bbcrackman's hybrid (.114) and it already has all the languages:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ne...-great-181926/
    03-17-09 01:22 AM
    Hi to everyone. Just DL official .148 for Verizon. Ones again has no Russian Language. Use copy ru.cod files and blackberry.alx . Working like a charm.
    06-02-09 08:51 PM
    Hi Gobimmer,

I have just followed your advice and tried to mix Russian .cod and .alx files from the multilingual version (leaked in March 2009) 9530AllLang_PBr4.7.0_rel160_PL4.0.0.143_A4.7.0.114 with the newest official version 148 from VZW at my Storm but failed.

Diagnostics: after all preparatory steps been made including copying required .cod files into Java folder and BlackBerry.alx in the 9530-v4.7.0.148_P4.0.0.181 folder, lauching BB DTM and configuring Russian language and other necessary Options I've clicked the Next button and got the following warning message:
    ---------------
    "Invalid Configuration
    The application "Russian" cannot be loaded, because it requires the following applications that are not available:
    net.rim.blackberry.lang.ru.rendering"
    ---------------
    I would appreciate any advice from you on the above, or any detalied instructions (or a link to them) how could I make my Storm from Verizon "speaking" Russian with the newest offical OS?

Thanks in advance,
    06-15-09 04:20 PM
    4queries, you probably didn't copy over all the necessary files... Here is the whole list of modules again -

net_rim_bb_crypto_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_diagnostic_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_elt_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_ldap_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_passwordkeeper_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_aim_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_google_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_icq_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_msn_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_yahoo_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bbapi_pim_res__ru.cod
    net_rim_bis_client__ru.cod
    net_rim_crypto_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_platform_im_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_platform_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_platformapps_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_runtime_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_secureemail_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_russian_45k_2.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_russian_ltr.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_transcoding_data_KOI8_R.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_transcoding_data_CP1251.cod
    net_rim_vad_engine_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_vad_resource__ru.cod

as you can see, you 'll need to copy more files than just __ru. In particular, net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_russian_45k_2.cod and
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_russian_ltr.cod are the most important. Good luck!
    06-15-09 04:52 PM
    Wow, this is exactly what I've been looking for. I'd LOVE to get someone to help me with getting Russian on my phone. Just a few questions first:

What do i absolutely need to download to get this? Is it .114?

What files do I need to take from the source and make a hybrid with my .148 files?

If someone could PM me the details, that would be great!

I appreciate the help!
    06-16-09 08:12 AM
    Pedalboard, you will need one of earlier builds that included Russian language. .90 or .99 should work and probably some others - I can't recall all the build versions that used to have Russian support. In essence, you will need to copy some files from that old version to your current OS folders on your PC and then use DM to update the phone OS.

You can find all "how to" details in this thread. Check post #8 for step-by-step instructions.

One more thing - once you are done with the install, go to Options/Language and set "Enable Quick Selection" to "Yes" for easier language changes.

Good luck!
    06-16-09 02:01 PM
    Hi Extremecyst,

Many thanks for your help - I did it, now my BB speaks RU!!
    It appeared that I missed copying from v.114 the two transcoding files for KOI8-R and CP1251. I fixed it all the process went smoothly. I truly appreicate - спасибо!!!

Pedalboard, to get the instruction go read post #8 in the thread
    forums.crackberry.com/f132/russian-input-language-109-a-170896/

But instead of .109 use .114 (multilingual) as the source of the files and use the list of files with which Extremecyst replied to my help request. Good luck!

-- Alexei
    06-16-09 02:02 PM
    Pedalboard,

I have uploaded the pack of the files you need for adding RU into the .148 for 9530. But I could not post the URL cause I did not reach the level of posts for being eligible for doing this
    So translate the following to the URL by yourself
    wwwDOTmegauploadDOTcom/?d=EIG2XH4F

So you do not need find and install .114 at all - just use the above file set.

Enjoy
    06-16-09 02:21 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD