I am so sorry, I could not answer and help you guys, I was pretty busy. But I am so glad extremecyst was able to help you as he did for me. Have fun with it.
    06-25-09 01:44 PM
    I have the newest Blackberry 4.7.0.173 version on my device

can any one help me out doing this for my device?
    thank u - I do not have any russian files either.
    09-26-09 05:52 AM
    As i see it, somebody on the forums found a way to take care of it.
    If you had Bold or the 8900, you'd probably wanted to find the software from the ones that are currently selling in russia - MTS started selling them recently.I'm not sure whether those files can be used for Storm as well, so i'm don't know am I of any help.
    Успехов! Надеюсь, вы все найдете.
    09-26-09 06:03 AM
    I have the newest Blackberry 4.7.0.173 version on my device

can any one help me out doing this for my device?
    thank u - I do not have any russian files either.
    You will need to DL old version like .109 or .114 they had russian language. And follow instructions from past posts. I thought I could email it to you
    , but for some reason I couldn't do it. Sorry about that.
    09-26-09 11:42 AM
    Evidently 5.0 doesn't have Russian and copying and pasting from 4.7 doesn't do you any good.
    Does anybody has any idea? I just called VZW BB tech support and asked ones again why they do not include Russian, answer is "It is RIM doesn't give them applications". Is that true?
    10-27-09 01:30 PM
    Does anybody had any success putting Russian Language input support on 5.0.0.328
    I have tried everything. Really need help. Do not want to go back to 4.7 build. Thanks.
    10-27-09 07:12 PM
    Does anybody had any success putting Russian Language input support on 5.0.0.328
    I have tried everything. Really need help. Do not want to go back to 4.7 build. Thanks.
    No problem!

I have been using BBSAK tool to install Russian on my phone for quite a while. This way, there is no need to modify the Java folder of your OS or BlackBerry.alx at all. Here is what you need to do -

1. Find a leaked 5.0 version that has Russian language support included. As I recall, .140 and .190 were "all language". Install it to your PC and copy all the language-related files from it's Java folder to a separate new folder. The list of files is the same and can be found earlier in this thread. There is no need to copy BlackBerry.alx.

2. Download BBSAK from RIMGeeks.com - BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife and install it. The current version is 1.7. Run it and make sure it is connected to your phone. Select "Modify CODs" tab and click "Install COD(s)" button. "File Open" dialog should pop up. Navigate to the folder that you have created at step 1, select ALL .cod files and click Open. The install takes only a second and after that BBSAK should say "COD install success". The phone will reboot after a couple more moments.

3. Once the phone is rebooted, the usual Language Select Wizard will appear. Make sure you have Russian checked and press Finish. On my phone, this Wizard doesn't go away and I have to pull the battery to get rid of it.

4. After the second reboot, you should have Russian available. Go to Options/"Language and Text Input" and set "Enable Quick Selection" to Yes and you are all set.

Good luck!
    Last edited by extremecyst; 10-28-09 at 05:51 PM. Reason: +
    10-28-09 05:34 PM
    Does this make sense? I got them from I think one of 5.0.0
    Has 39 cod files.
    10-29-09 09:42 PM
    Thank you very much extremecyst. I had to do one cod at the time but I finally was able to make it work. Many thanks.
    10-30-09 10:56 AM
    You are welcome! You can hold Shift while highlighting the .cod files in BBSAK Open dialog to select them all at once...
    10-30-09 01:59 PM
    yes, I know, I tried, but keep popping up error message. but this all good now, took little bit longer, but at the end it's working. Really thankful for your help.
    10-30-09 02:31 PM
    Dear Extremecyst,

Thank you for your very useful clarifications for making BB Storm to display Russian. Indeed, copying the files from .140 as you describe in Post 83 using BBSAK worked fine. My BB Storm can now display Russian. Howver, it does not have a Russian keyboard which would allow me to type. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks again for all your helpful suggestions.
    Last edited by svmi; 11-03-09 at 02:10 AM.
    11-02-09 11:04 AM
    You most likely missed few cod files.
    11-02-09 01:50 PM
    Gobimmer,

Thank you for your reply. I think I copied all the files listed by Extremecyst. Here is a list of what I copied from .140:

net_rim_bb_crypto_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_diagnostic_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_elt_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_lbs_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_ldap_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_passwordkeeper_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_aim_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_google_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_icq_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_msn_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_peer_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_qm_yahoo_resource_ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_help__ru.cod
    net_rim_bb_vvm_help_114__ru.cod
    net_rim_bbapi_pim_res__ru.cod
    net_rim_bis_client__ru.cod
    net_rim_crypto_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_platform_im_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_platform_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_platformapps_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_runtime_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_secureemail_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_russian_45k_2.cod
    net_rim_tid_dynamic_ling_data_russian_ltr.cod
    net_rim_vad_engine_resource__ru.cod
    net_rim_vad_resource__ru.cod

Anything missing?
    Please advise.

Thank you and best regards
    11-03-09 02:09 AM
    If you want you can pm me with your email address and will send you zip file, wich make your life easy. Now there are about 38 ru.cod files
    11-03-09 08:27 AM
    Hi Gobimmer,

I would appreciate a lot if you could upload to megaupload or similar place the zip with ru.cod files required to teach .328 write in Russian. Regretfully, I have not reached the number of public posts mandatory to be able to PM you.

Thanks in advance,
    11-03-09 09:58 AM
    Hello Extremecyst and Gobimmer,

As SVMI already wrote, from 5.0.0.140 it is possible to identify and invoke only 27 or 28 (if count CP1251) ru.cod files. After using BBSAK for installing all these files to BB, 5.0.0.328 enables reading in Russian, but not typing on the keyboard.

Is there a possibility that the ru.cod file set in .190 is different vs .140? If yes could you please refer me where I could download .190?

Your help with this situation would be highly appreciated!

Thank you
    11-03-09 12:22 PM
    Did you check in the set up Russian language?
    11-03-09 12:38 PM
    setup wizard>language>typing(русский)>next>mark english & russian>finish
    11-03-09 12:43 PM
    If that doesn't work email me at [email protected]
    11-03-09 12:47 PM
    Great appreciation to Gobimmer!

All the process with BBSAK went exactly how Extremecyst has explained in an earlier post in this thread. I believe the key factor is having the appropriate set of ru.cod files - 38 in total. Now, my BB speaks and types in Russian!

Again, thanks to Gobimmer and Extremecyst for posting a vaccine in this thread for teaching version .328 the Russian language!
    11-04-09 02:06 PM
    You are welcome.
    11-04-09 03:43 PM
    Gobimmer,

I emailed to your aol address to get the
    38 ru.cod files 4queries writes about above but never got those files. Would really appreciate if you could also send them to me.

You are doing a great service to all BB Storm users. BTW, this is what Verizon and RIM should be doing in the first place. There are at least half a mil Russian speaking people living in NYC, let alone the entire US. And Verizon provides support for French and not for Russian. Shame.

Many thanks again.
    11-04-09 05:50 PM
    SMS not working for a long time and I do not remember why. I am using BBM and emails so it's not big issue for me. Sorry, I can't help you with that. May be extremecyst have any ideas.
    11-04-09 06:15 PM
    Does anyone know where i can get the same russian files for the 8520?
    06-30-10 05:04 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD