I just installed the new leaked OS (.90) and so far it's running great. However, I'm still having the same problem I've had since .65...the audible message notifications still only sound about half the time. For example, my Storm is on my desk in front of me right now, and the red LED started blinking with no ring tone. I have everything in options set to activate a ring tone as well, so this shouldn't be happening. I'm tired of taking the phone out of the holster and seeing 3 new messages that I had no idea came in.

Does everyone have this problem? I don't see how it could be my particular phone because a problem like this seems like it would be software based.

If people do have this problem it doesn't seem to be talked about often.
    01-23-09 09:23 PM
    Well, you say you "take it out of the holster" and have the messages... Are you sure you have the settings correct? It knows when it is in the holster, maybe the setting is the prob? And check your vibrate settings.. they will vibe before the rings kick in...

Sorry if you know all this, but the holster thing threw me... All of those settings are very intricate..
    01-23-09 11:23 PM
    It will happen even when it it's out of the holster. Plus, it has chimed plenty of times for a new message when it's holstered, it's just that 40% of the time it does nothing, just a red LED.

The issue is very intermittent.
    01-24-09 12:42 AM
    I had the same issue last night. Thought I wasn't hearing it turned it up and only working about half the time. I changed the tone and worked every time after that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD