This thread should be stickied.
    02-05-09 12:03 PM
    I replaced my first one within 30 days, and i got a new one. I need to take back the second one too, but it is after the first 30 days. Will i get a new one?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 03:46 PM
    I replaced my first one within 30 days, and i got a new one. I need to take back the second one too, but it is after the first 30 days. Will i get a new one?

No guarantees. But if you get a perfectly functioning refurb, is it that big a deal?
    02-12-09 03:55 PM
    Yeh, I said I dont care about a refurb as long as it works. Refurb turns up and half the screen doesnt click, top right corner 4pieces of dust and a dead pixel.
    02-12-09 11:47 PM
    My phone died and had only 2 red flashes.. called CS and they had no clue.. Raced to the Verizon store at night (2 hours before closing) and they gave me a new phone. This is my 3rd new one. I had the storm since day it was released. Tech just said he was going to give me a new one and not a refurb.. What a guy..
    02-13-09 08:41 AM
    No guarantees. But if you get a perfectly functioning refurb, is it that big a deal?
    No not really. As long as it looks new and works fine.

02-14-09 10:46 AM
    Hi
    Just got my storm and was playing around.
    I reset my menu from 4x4 to 1x1 -
    now i cannot get it back to 4x4
    if i touch the menu button when i am on the homepage it just goes to the application. any ideas, if not how can i just reset the whole phone back to factory settings.
    thanks
    02-14-09 08:48 PM
    My storm has been dropping calls recently, I just called and was told that they don't have any refurbs and that I would be getting a brand new phone. Guess I got lucky.
    02-17-09 02:14 PM
    just got my first replacement since i got my phone original day,

small BROWN box.
    build date 1/29/2009
    thank you :]
    02-20-09 11:47 AM
    It's been awhile since I bought the Storm back when it was released. I just cracked the screen the other day. I got a new phone thru Asurion.

My first one used to randomly turn off/on. Everything about it was slow (web, changing screens, apps). This is even after I updated to .75.

The new phone is working a lot better than the first. It came in a box just like the one I got when new. The phone itself had a clear screen protector and a bunch of plastic covering it.

I'm guessing the first one was just a lemon.
    02-20-09 01:53 PM
    just got my first replacement since i got my phone original day,

small BROWN box.
    build date 1/29/2009
    thank you :]
    just got my second replacement in a brown box as well, where do i look to see the build date??? Thanks
    02-20-09 02:04 PM
    just got my second replacement in a brown box as well, where do i look to see the build date??? Thanks
    mine had a little white sticker on the side on the flap you pull up

and it says
    supplier: RIM - 01292009

..01-29-2009 :]
    02-20-09 02:06 PM
    mine had a little white sticker on the side on the flap you pull up

and it says
    supplier: RIM - 01292009

..01-29-2009 :]
    ok i had seen that before, but did not think that was the build date for this replacement. thanks anyway
    Mine says 02-04-2009
    02-20-09 02:37 PM
    I just recieved my third device. This one is a NEW replacement and my first Canadian made Storm. The others had problems which are listed in the signature below.

But with this new replacment I haven't had any issues like with the previous phones. In fact I've already noticed my battery life is even better and the screen and four buttons below are more plyable and respond to every click I make. I think I might have a winner now...lol
    03-09-09 11:00 AM
    I work for Verizon, and they have made a MESS of the replacement situations, so I am hoping this will clear some stuff up.

1) There are two types of replacement phones that come from Verizon with THREE different boxes.
    - a brand new box that looks like you bought it from the store.

- a brown box that has the sku: FRU9530 but is new.
    This comes with battery cover, and doesn't have CLNR on it, it also
    comes with screen protectors and colored plastic galore

- a white box that has the sku: FRU9530 and is slapped with a CLNR
    replacement sticker on the screen, this is a real refurbished phone.
    Not many of these are out there, as it has been a very short time since
    the release of the phone.

If you get a replacement, now you know if it's new or not.

We are usually pretty good with replacing phones quickly about:
    1) dust
    2) click-screen issues
    3) consistent hard freezing so long as you do a hard reset for us.

Any questions?

edit* Always go to a Verizon CORPORATE store to get a replacment within 30 days.
    They can order a new one for you, and a lot less problems happen within 30 days.

Also, if you are within your 30 days, then you can get a new one, as many times as possible, I am on #3 and have had 3 new ones.

edit edit*

The 1/15 cutoff date is to CANCEL the line, not to get a new phone if yours is broken! If you are past 30 days, you get a refurb.
    What if the replacement you received has a green sticker on the screen that says "Storm"
    Last edited by vllssv; 06-17-09 at 12:59 PM.
    06-17-09 12:56 PM
    Hi

I have similar issues, The 1st Strom i had a screen malfunctioning issue and was replaced a few months back, The 2nd worked great for 3 months and unexpectedly started malfunctioning a week back, I would get a whitescreen for like 30 seconds everytime the phone was unlocked from sleep mode and i started having random reboots, they sent a replacement last friday which i guess was a refurb. this one had problems from day 1 with the screen and also the rebooted every 2-3 hours or so..i did the wipe, reloaded .148 still no good..they sent me one more refurb today after failing to give me a solution for the problems i had..this one was so bad that i i didnt even bother to activate..i had to like press the screen hard with my thumb to get any response from it.....now they are sending me one more replacement..which i guess would be a refurb again......i'm really sick and tired of backing up and restoring data and trips to fedex for sending back the phones and calls to Verizon tech support asking for help...

Is anybody facing the same kind of issues and what do i do now?
    06-25-09 04:07 PM
    A lot of people here and nationwide have had the same issues (multiple returns)

Its best to call it a day and get a different Blackberry. The Storm is a cheap and poorly built beta device that Verizon is pawning off to its customers.

06-25-09 04:43 PM
    I like the storm and do not want to downgrade to the curve. Is there a way to get a new storm and not a refurb..i think the problem is that they are just shipping off customer returns without fixing the probems that were there with the phones..
    06-25-09 04:47 PM
    I bought my phone back in March. My screen "died" today and I went to Verizon store and they gave me a new(?) one. Looks brand new, was in a brown box under the counter. Did I get a new one or a refurb?

Not that I care as this one clicks much nicer, but I'm just curious.
    06-27-09 10:11 PM
    I bought my phone back in March. My screen "died" today and I went to Verizon store and they gave me a new(?) one. Looks brand new, was in a brown box under the counter. Did I get a new one or a refurb?

Not that I care as this one clicks much nicer, but I'm just curious.
    you got a new one.
    06-27-09 11:11 PM
295 ... 101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD