I'm just curious, I'm not too knowledgeable when it comes to RSS feeds....but is it possible to receive push notifications for certain feeds? are there any apps out there for that?
    12-30-09 02:53 PM
    There's an App called Viigo if that's what you are looking for.

Be careful with apps like this. Apps that are constantly looking for new feeds are known to eat up large amounts of app memory.

I'm currently using Podtrapper and I'm sacrificing about 8mb of app memory from it.
    12-30-09 03:06 PM
    Viigo rocks for RSS feeds. For a lighter weight RSS feed app, you could try Argh! (I think that's the name) or either Forbes Reader or WSJ Reader or Goal.com Reader....those 3 are basically the same app in that you get stock information based on which one you choose and then for each you can customize your own "tab" of RSS feeds. Google them to find them...or try the BB App World or the CrackBerry/Mobihand store. If memory serves I think Argh is the only pay app among them.

Those are the only ones I can think of offhand. I tried Argh very very early on and didn't like it, but I know it's been thru many updates so I have no idea what it's like now. Forbes/WSJ/Goal has a few minor glitches. Viigo is the best, but the prior poster is correct that it hogs some memory. Of course on the Storm 2 it's not really an issue since I'm working with about 8-10 times the amount of free space as my Storm 1.

Oh and to agree with the prior poster, if you're into podcasts PodTrapper can't be beat. Probably my best and most-used app (since my commute to work sucks).
    Last edited by uncleman; 12-30-09 at 03:33 PM.
    12-30-09 03:30 PM
    I use viigo...kinda. Well, I had it before in much older OS's but memory usage was ridiculous. I'm giving it a shot again now that 5.0 manages memory so much better. From what I gather on the app it basically gathers feeds from whatever sources you have listed. What I want to know is that if there is a way so that if a new article comes up in a certain feed that it could send me a notification? I don't think that is available in viigo (atleast I don't see it). But I didn't know if that was available through other readers(not necessarily mobile readers), maybe like send an email notification when an article pops up.
    12-30-09 03:32 PM
    If you go under Profiles/Sounds and edit one of your profiles there is an option under "Other" that allows you to set notifications for various apps like ubertwitter, facebook, meterberry, etc. "Viigo Alerts" is one of the options, so I would assume it would work. I have mine set to silent/no LED/no vibrate bc I have so many feeds that update all the time I would go nuts if I was notified every time. Same for ubertwitter and meterberry and facebook, I have those turned off as well, but I've had them on in the past and they worked. Give it a try.
    12-30-09 03:42 PM
    Sawwweeeetttttt...exactly what I was looking for. Yeah I have a bunch of feeds set up from when I first set up Viigo, but only 1 that I want notifications on. Looks like its working fine.
    12-30-09 04:05 PM
    Hello,

I am interested in the same subject: I need to be notified everytime an article is posted to CB. I understand I need some RSS reader but not anykind, one that can notify me with a sound and an icon there are any.
    From what I have read about, Viigo is a large mem eater. I need a small aplication to read RSS only from CrackBerry.

Thank you
    Last edited by bobby_eu; 08-05-10 at 11:20 AM.
    07-31-10 09:03 AM
    any sugestions? infos?

Thank you,
    08-05-10 11:21 AM
    Berryreader works well. While it's not pushed to you, you can set how often it checks for updates. You can set custom ringtones and it integrates into the message app and has a notification icon. It's about $10, but you can find it on sale from time to time. It has a free trial. Bellshare - BerryReader
    08-05-10 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD