Ok, I have a question. I am new to blackerry's , so not sure how this works. I live in Canada near the US border and often go over shopping,dining etc. My carrier informs me that I will be charged data roaming charges while im in the US at quite an expensive rate. So, it is not something I would like to do other than use the BB pin option. I know that is data but very minimal. So, what I was wondering was is there a way I can turn off the app's I have on the phone and also disable the email , without uninstalling all these features? I know you can select data off while roaming, but, than I am unable to pin.

I am running one gmail account.

Apps

CBS Sports
    TSN ( i believe is a shortcut)
    ESPN( i believe is a shortcut)
    Google Quick Search
    Google Maps
    App World
    Maple Leafs
    Blue Jays
    Google Sync
    Hockey News
    Weathereye Touch
    The Weathernetwork (shortcut)

Not sure which apps actually run in background and use data??

Thanks for any thoughts.
    05-11-09 04:38 PM
    Just polling for email takes data. I'd turn it off or pull the battery when in the states. OR you could get an internaional sim if its that important to ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 05:27 PM
    Just turn the radio off or the whole phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 06:03 PM
    Yea, that is one way, but, then I wont be able to pin. If I disable browser push, will this stop all updates to my apps, unless I click it on them?
    05-11-09 07:21 PM
    I am basically in the same situtation, I live in the US and roam in canada at times.

This is my solution

There is an option to turn off data services when roaming, Your PIN messages will still go through.
    05-13-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD