none of my ringtones are working except a few of the ones you can get from crackberry(song tones) but none of the stock ones are working or the ringtones under browse...I currently have "give up that funk" as my ringtone...was wondering if someone could help...
    running...under event log it tells me this
    E profiles-AlertEngine: playerupdate-error:java.lang.exceptio files:///systems/samples/ringtones/ringer_BBpro1.m4a-java.ioException Locator does not reference a vailid media file

running .141...i dont know what to do
    05-15-09 03:00 PM
    anyone? I am still having this issue and she no way around it
    05-15-09 10:15 PM
    In another thread, you mentioned that you deleted the OEM wallpapers. Did you just delete the wallpapers, or did you delete the ringtones as well? If you delete the wrong folder using BBFileScout (or that other one Crack_Util?), you will delete the ringtones along with the wallpapers. I'll bet that's what you did.
    05-15-09 10:31 PM
    The thing is, I went into media>and deleted the device folder, for what it seemed was just the wallpapers, but they couldn't be deleted individually, so I deleted the folder...
    05-15-09 10:45 PM
    The thing is, I went into media>and deleted the device folder, for what it seemed was just the wallpapers, but they couldn't be deleted individually, so I deleted the folder...
    There are two different folders, though... let me see if I can find the thread where this was discussed. If I can find it, I will post the link to it here.

EDIT: Read through this thread, and pay careful attention to post #33: Deleteing OEM wallpapers to gain memory.
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-16-09 at 10:17 AM.
    05-16-09 10:12 AM
    Yea...post#33 pretty much does me in...Looks like I wipe out pictures, tones AND icons...Do I have to do a wipe+ reload my os or just reload the OS?
    05-16-09 10:40 AM
    Yea...post#33 pretty much does me in...Looks like I wipe out pictures, tones AND icons...Do I have to do a wipe+ reload my os or just reload the OS?
    Unfortunately, that is not something I can help you with. I'm sure someone will chime in here and let you know. Also, did you read through that whole thread? Maybe that question was answered there. Also, search for "deleted OEM ringtones" or something along those lines. I am positive you are not the first to have this issue.
    05-16-09 11:16 AM
    Unfortunately, that is not something I can help you with. I'm sure someone will chime in here and let you know. Also, did you read through that whole thread? Maybe that question was answered there. Also, search for "deleted OEM ringtones" or something along those lines. I am positive you are not the first to have this issue.
    someone said they can go to update software in DM and it will update but I dont think it was an option...
    05-16-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD