I recently converted from a Curve 8330 to a Storm 9530 and I was surprised/disappointed that I couldn't assign unique ringtones to individual contacts as I could on my Curve! Am I missing something? I have looked at the menues and I can't seem to find the solution.

If you can't assign different ringtones to different contacts in the Storm is there a 3rd party app. that can be had?

Thanks Mike 777
    01-02-09 10:03 AM
    Go to contacts highlight the person you want to assign a ringtone to then hit the menu bb key then edit and look for it in there let me know if this works
    01-02-09 10:08 AM
    Edit the contact, then you can add ringtones and notifiyers for contacts.
    01-02-09 10:08 AM
    I recently converted from a Curve 8330 to a Storm 9530 and I was surprised/disappointed that I couldn't assign unique ringtones to individual contacts as I could on my Curve! Am I missing something? I have looked at the menues and I can't seem to find the solution.

If you can't assign different ringtones to different contacts in the Storm is there a 3rd party app. that can be had?

Thanks Mike 777
    Mike,

all you got to do is go to your Contacts, highlight the your contact and click the blackberry button, then select edit. Once you did that all you got to do is locate "Custom Ring Tones/Alerts" then select "Phone" or "Messages". And now you have a custom ring tone.
    01-02-09 10:11 AM
    The only way I was able to get a custom ringtone was through the call log feature. Click the green call button at the bottom of the phone. Choose the "Call Log" middle button at the top of the screen. Choose the person you want to customize and click the menu button. Choose the option to "Set Ring Tone." That worked for me. Good luck!
    02-16-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD