So my wife and I just got our new BB Storms!!

We're still figuring them out, reading the manuals and such. So far so good!

One thing I'm curious about is getting ringtones on the phone. I saw the thread where everyone was listing what they had and I'm curious if they were using MP3's they downloaded with their computers, or if they downloaded the directly on their phone? I'd rather download directly with the phone as we have dialup internet. Hopefully there is a free service out there?
    02-11-09 12:58 PM
    So my wife and I just got our new BB Storms!!

We're still figuring them out, reading the manuals and such. So far so good!

One thing I'm curious about is getting ringtones on the phone. I saw the thread where everyone was listing what they had and I'm curious if they were using MP3's they downloaded with their computers, or if they downloaded the directly on their phone? I'd rather download directly with the phone as we have dialup internet. Hopefully there is a free service out there?
    I use www.myxer.com. You can upload any song on your computer and cut the part of the song you want as a ringtone. Its saves to your computer ten you attach it to email and send to phone. Really easy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 02:36 PM
    there's also some good free ones at the storm wiki (and some great info too)
    02-11-09 02:52 PM
    woohoo 10 posts, i'm like a veteran now right?
    here's the link:
    BlackBerry Storm Wiki: Ringtones
    02-11-09 02:53 PM
    if you want, ill make you some ringtones, just tell me the songs. ive made some for people in the forum, they seem to be impressed. it's very simple, and all you'll have to do is copy and paste them onto your phone. pm me, i have no problem making a few.
    02-11-09 03:44 PM
    Thanks for the advice, and offer.

I'll check out myxer, however I found mytinyphone.com which seems to be pretty decent also.
    02-11-09 04:16 PM
    Emailing the ring tone to yourself is a great idea. However, I thought the sales guy told me that I can transfer custom mp3 ring tone from my laptop to the Storm, through the USB cable. Is that true? Do I have to install desktop manager first in order to do that?
    02-11-09 04:34 PM
    i use audacity which is a free music editing software. Its really easy to use and you can use any mp3 saved to your computer as a tone.
    02-11-09 05:20 PM
    i use audacity which is a free music editing software. Its really easy to use and you can use any mp3 saved to your computer as a tone.
    I use audacity as well. all you need to do is install audacity, and the LAME mp3 encoder. Once installed, you can open any mp3 on your computer, and see the song as a visual timeline. Highlight and delete parts of the song you do not want until you end up with a ~30 second sound clip. hit file, export as mp3, save to your desktop, and move it into the ringtones folder on your phone. usually takes about 5 minutes tops start to finish once you have the audacity installed. there are tutorials and tips on the audacity download site i believe. it really is quite easy to use.
    02-11-09 05:24 PM
    I agree with mjesenovec and CoolBreeze07. I use Audacity as well for all of my ringtones for both my wife and myself. Very easy to use/learn.
    02-11-09 08:09 PM
    What's dial-up internet?
    02-11-09 08:20 PM
    What's dial-up internet?
    Tell me about it...

Only thing available out here in the country, besides satellite, and it's not worth the price.
    02-11-09 09:26 PM
    i have been having trouble getting the ringtones to go to my phone for some reason. i click email and have them sent to my blackberry but they never show up.
    02-12-09 10:03 PM
    They should be showing up. Are you copy and pasting the link into the text field and not the subject line?

Also ive noticed there really isnt a wide selection of tones for this phone. Im considering trying to make a few myself.
    02-13-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD