So I am using the wapforums and could not search to well for this.

I am using .148 with the Blackberry provided headset.

This is the first beta OS I have experienced this issue. I have used them all.

My phone was just sitting on my desk, headset plugged in, no apps running. The phone rang and I hit the silver answer button on the headset. The ringtone began ringing in the headset extremely loud and then it stopped and I could begin to talk to the caller.

Anyone else have this issue with .148?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 01:08 PM
    I haven't had that issue as of yet, and I am a habitual headset user.
    05-22-09 01:11 PM
    The problem I've had today was with Pandora. I had pandora running with the headphones on. The call went without problems. But after I hung up, pandora started playing on the external speaker. It was quickly fixed by unplugging the headphones and replugging them back in.

05-22-09 03:22 PM
    I've had this happen on other betas before. And once on .75. Would kinda like it a permanent addition so I kno who's calling when away from my phone and using bluetooth

05-22-09 03:32 PM
    This happened to me and my eardrums about got blasted out. I say we sue.
    05-22-09 03:53 PM
    The problem I've had today was with Pandora. I had pandora running with the headphones on. The call went without problems. But after I hung up, pandora started playing on the external speaker. It was quickly fixed by unplugging the headphones and replugging them back in.

I have had that issue with Slacker.

I know alot about audio. Typically a car headunit has an amp shutoff built in so when you start your car or turn on/off your unit the power to the headunit does not send a signal to the amp and making the subs go "thud."

I question the quality of the ground in the headphone jack of the Storm. I could be wrong, but the sounds you hear from plugging in a headphone jack should not typically occur in a quality plug. If we were using battery powered headphones that is one thing, but that is not the case for me.

Every set of headphones I use on the Storm make clicking sounds when I plug them in which leads me to believe it is a cheap 3.5mm on the Storm, poor ground or there is power running to the plug all the time. I have good headphones and they do not do this in any other device I have in my home. It really speaks on the overall quality considering a proper ground is important.
    Last edited by VoodooKaboom; 05-22-09 at 06:57 PM.
    05-22-09 06:52 PM
    I haven't had that issue as of yet, and I am a habitual headset user.
    Not to be a mean, but I asked if people had the issue not if they didn't... This is the problem with the forums, people love to say, nope that is new to me, never heard that, haven't had that issue. Why waste your time?
    05-22-09 06:54 PM
    I've had this happen on other betas before. And once on .75. Would kinda like it a permanent addition so I kno who's calling when away from my phone and using bluetooth

I can see wanting that for Bluetooth, but I think you might prefer it not being loud. Doesn't the bluetooth have a tone in the speaker?
    05-22-09 06:55 PM
    This happened to me and my eardrums about got blasted out. I say we sue.
    Yeah, it was really loud. I just want them to fix the jack on the device.
    05-22-09 06:56 PM
    i have yet to experience this so far, i've always wanted to have the ringer play in the headset if i'm playing music, or some call waiting like beep...

hope your ears are okay, you're gonna need those eventually.
    05-22-09 10:34 PM
    i have yet to experience this so far, i've always wanted to have the ringer play in the headset if i'm playing music, or some call waiting like beep...

hope your ears are okay, you're gonna need those eventually.
    I agree and beep or tone would be cool. The volume just needs to be under control.
    05-23-09 08:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD