My ringer randomly turns offor just decides not to ring when someone calls. Its not off in the settings though. This is the 5th time in a week that I've had it do this. I notice a missed call because the phone didnt ring. Is this a known bug? Im getting tired of doing battery pulls at least once a day. Is there a way to make sure Im not running any applications in the background?
    11-29-08 01:38 PM
    Hold down the blackberry menu button in the home screen. It will bring up a bar of running applications and you can close them from there. (note: phone, app center, home, bb messenger, messages, and browser will always be in this bar). As for the ringer, sometimes the mute button on the top right of the phone accidentally gets pressed on mine. This mutes all notifications and was confusing me for a while. Hope this is what you were looking for, good luck.
    11-29-08 01:42 PM
    Mine does that all the time.

Its pretty annoying since I never had to worry about a Mute button on any other BB.

I guess its something new to get used to.
    11-29-08 01:43 PM
    This has been happening to mine too.
    11-29-08 02:01 PM
    ... mine does that as well. The funny thing about it, I pushed the mute button on top of the Storm and their is no icon or anything on the screen showings its activated? WTH! How can somebody ever know if its on or not?
    11-29-08 02:05 PM
    I dont even think mine was on mute. I left it plugged in to my computer overnight via the usb cable. When I went to unplug it I noticed I had missed 2 calls. I then missed another call about an hour later. Is there a way to tell if your phone is on mute?
    11-29-08 02:52 PM
    I dont even think mine was on mute. I left it plugged in to my computer overnight via the usb cable. When I went to unplug it I noticed I had missed 2 calls. I then missed another call about an hour later. Is there a way to tell if your phone is on mute?
    Unfortunately no (or no notification that I have found anyway). I Just press the button and play some kind of sound to see if it is on. You would think there would be some kind of red "X" or something across the sound icon...
    11-29-08 02:56 PM
    I had a custom vibrate mode set with my sound profile. Once I removed this custom vibrate mode and just set to normal vibrate and saved; my ringer worked again.
    12-17-08 10:03 PM
    This has happened to me as well.

I know I didnt hit the mute button, mine was playing music but the phone didnt ring when someone called.

and earlier I missed a call, instead it went right to voice mail.
    12-17-08 11:18 PM
    Happens to me all the time and it annoys the **** out of me.
    12-18-08 12:31 AM
    My phone will always vibrate, but will only ring for 1/2 of my text messages.. I can't figure it out, if the screen is lit like i was just using it then it'll play the sound, but if the screen is dimmed then its a 50-50 chance it'll play.. Grr thats all i can say. Grr
    12-18-08 05:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD