My phone ringer is not working and i have tried all volume setting and so fourth. Any opinions?
    01-11-09 12:00 PM
    Questions:

Are you using a already installed profile OR a custom profile that you created? Also where did the ringer come from? Is it one you downloaded or is it a pre-installed ringtone? We need a bit more information & I'm sure we can solve your problem.
    01-11-09 12:12 PM
    I had the same problem beginning last Friday. No matter what profile or settings I used, my phone would not ring when receiving an actual call. It did everything fine when playing ringtones, etc. but wouldn't actually ring for a call or text, etc. I finally ended up wiping the phone (JL_Cmder), installing .75 and keeping it there for a day. I reinstalled .85 last night. I also did NOT restore my backed up files, but syncd for my contacts and calendar instead. I reloaded my ringtones to the device from my PC as well. Other than having to wait for my phone to "stabilize" again (went back to random freezes, memory card inserted/removed/WSoD, etc), everything seems OK now. I hope it doesn't happen again as it was a pain to fix.
    01-11-09 04:03 PM
    you just need t to do a memory wipe then reload the phone. Same think happened to me. nothing work except wiping the memory. You can not use a back up because t generally will not fix this problem.
    01-11-09 04:21 PM
    My ringer stopped working today also, the phone still vibrates, but no ring, and Ive changed my customer profile, to each of the standard volumes with no luck.

Ill try a battery pull, but if that doesnt work, how do I reload the phone, are you talking about reloading the OS, and all apps? You mentioned that a backup (restore) does not work, what other method is there?

Does anybody have a suggustion that isnt so drastic?

Thanks
    01-13-09 01:15 PM
    i setup a custom profile and all of a sudden all my ring tones dont work. the ringers were ones i made on phone zoo. the only thing i added to the phone was myspace app, bblight app, and the auto lock app, now when my phone locks people who have ring tones it doesnt show there pictures and there ringer doesnt play. any settings or help anyone can give.
    01-13-09 02:14 PM
    also i got 3 rows of icons now instead of two how the **** do u go back to two.
    01-13-09 02:15 PM
    If you loaded your own ring tones and had them assigned to a profile, but then delete them, they stay there as phantom ring tones and will play, perfectly silent. I found this to be true even if you replace a ring tone with a new one but with the same name (like if you edited it and re-load it).

You need to go back into the customization and select a ring tone that is there and will play.

Just another bug in the OS.
    01-13-09 02:50 PM
    I got mine working, it was a conflict with the vibrate and ring app. I like this app, has anybody seen this happen while running this app?
    01-13-09 03:21 PM
    my ringer isnt working and it's really pissing me off. It's been a couple times. I do the battery pull and the ringer and phone wont vibrate when someone calls... but the other sounds work. These are all the default ringtones. I used the slacker radio program but havent used it since the pull? any ideas. I'm running .75
    02-09-09 09:35 PM
    This has happen twice with my phone. I removed the battery and allowed the phone to reboot. This solved the problem both times.
    06-23-10 07:21 PM
    Thanks for the tip to remove the battery. It worked! I'm not such a techie and the thought of wiping my phone scared me.
    07-31-10 03:03 PM
    Having the same issue here. Downloaded a few custom ring tones and applied one to a contact and now I can't get the ringer to work at all. Not even going back to a default ringtone. This is killing me!!!!
    Help!
    08-21-10 12:49 PM
    Thanks so much! I thought that I was just missing my calls because my phone was in the bottom of my purse, but then realized the ringer wasn't even working. So glad the fix was as simple as taking the battery out and letting the phone reboot.
    10-08-10 02:02 PM
    just upgraded the OS on my Bold 9000 to v5.0.0.822 and experiencing this problem...is this a common problem on the new OS?
    is there any way to prevent it? i noticed it usually happens after changing around the profile settings.
    10-09-10 10:19 AM
    Hi All.

I had this problem lasy year, twice. the first time, the phone got sent away for 3 weeks, the second, it was replaced immediatly, obviously a common fault. I have since had the problem again. Basicly, it is caused from dropping the phone. when dropped, the plate which is just above the camera (remove the battery cover), moves. You will find that when gentle pressure is applied to the top, the ringer will work. I have 'squashed' blue tack between this plate and the battery cover, which needs redoing every couple of weeks, and have found this does work if your out of warranty.
    10-17-10 12:46 PM
    Downgrading to .681 seems to have done the job...
    10-19-10 09:56 AM
    Today my ringtones, ringer, vibrate all stopped working without changing anything. The only thing that is working is the LED notifier, this is frustrating! I have the newest OS installed as well, sounds like a common problem...

I pressed alt, the right upper/lower case key, and delete at the same time to reboot the phone and it resolved the problem.
    02-03-11 06:01 PM
    thanks very much
    02-05-11 10:37 AM
    For me a battery pull fixed the problem.
    12-13-11 12:25 PM
    I had the same problem and now solved.
    Try Notifications -> Normal -> Customize ringtones notification -> Turn sound and vibrate ON.

This should work.
    10-14-16 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD