Just got my Storm today; first try with a Blackberry (Treo user for 4 years). One thing I'd like to be able to do is have the same ring tone for all of my contacts, then another ring tone for anyone who calls me that is not in my address book/contacts. I've gotten used to this on the Treo and like it for numerous reasons. I always run for the phone when I hear the "unknown caller" ring. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.
    01-09-09 04:25 PM
    I'm pretty sure this cannot be done
    01-09-09 04:45 PM
    Just got my Storm today; first try with a Blackberry (Treo user for 4 years). One thing I'd like to be able to do is have the same ring tone for all of my contacts, then another ring tone for anyone who calls me that is not in my address book/contacts. I've gotten used to this on the Treo and like it for numerous reasons. I always run for the phone when I hear the "unknown caller" ring. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.
    That is a treo thing to have a ringtone for a caller that is not in your concact list.

But if you think about it...it's not that hard.

You can have one ring tone you have for people on your contact list.
    And have your default ringtone be the one for the unknowns.
    01-09-09 04:55 PM
    That is a treo thing to have a ringtone for a caller that is not in your concact list.

But if you think about it...it's not that hard.

You can have one ring tone you have for people on your contact list.
    And have your default ringtone be the one for the unknowns.

Can you tell me how to do that? That's exactly what I'm hoping to do. First time BB user, so please explain in detail if you can. Thanks.
    01-10-09 11:01 AM
    a ringtone for each of your contacts (individually - UGH!). Then, set default for all not in contacts.
    01-10-09 11:11 AM
    I had the original Verizon V. The one before the EnVy. It actually had a glitch where it played one of my original ringtones for all Restricted/unknown numbers. It was really cool so I understand why you would want this setting.
    01-10-09 12:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD