Just picked up a storm a few days ago (first time BB user) and love it.

But I'm running into a couple of problems.

1) I received a text message with a sound clip attached to it, and will not play over speaker phone.

2) Ring tones are not playing at all. I have it set to vibrate and play the tone. It's vibrating but not playing song/soundbyte, whatever. I tried changing everything in settings, but to no avail. I'm also now getting errors that it cannot play the songs I've transferred over because it's in invalid format. These problems just started happening the last two days. For the first two everything was working fine, songs were playing ringtones were working, etc. The ringtone problem also exists for all, SMS, emails, regular phone calls, etc.

Any help for this new user would be greatly appreciated.
    02-10-09 12:36 PM
    Try upgrading your OS. As for the music, if you transferred them from itunes they are protected by DRM and you'll have to find some third party software to strip them unless you want to burn them to a CD reload them on your pc as mp3s and then add them through DM

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 12:44 PM
    Very strange, everything is back to working now, and actually the phone is running faster. All I did was delete some messages and did a battery pull.

Could an application be a memory hog causing these problems? The only app that I've really run so far is facebook.
    02-10-09 03:02 PM
    Ugh, things have now gotten worse. I'm not longer getting emails, although i can still send them, and I'm not getting notifications on any other messages. I think that taking the advice of a battery pull was a bad idea.

Please help!
    02-10-09 04:50 PM
    well there's an intermittant BIS outtage right now it seems so you shouldn't worry about not getting emails at the moment
    02-10-09 05:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD