Does anyone know how to set the Storm so that it rings (notifies) for phone, text, etc when it is out of holster but then vibrates when in holster? Every Blackberry I have ever had (and this is about my 5th different one) has had the ability to have the phone ring or notify of texts when out of holster but vibrate in the holster. On the new Storm, I can't figure out how to do that. When I set phone on a volume level and have vibrate in holster only, it vibrates and then rings. If I set volume level on "silent", then it only vibrates in and out of holster. Thanks.
    03-30-09 01:35 PM
    Does anyone know how to set the Storm so that it rings (notifies) for phone, text, etc when it is out of holster but then vibrates when in holster? Every Blackberry I have ever had (and this is about my 5th different one) has had the ability to have the phone ring or notify of texts when out of holster but vibrate in the holster. On the new Storm, I can't figure out how to do that. When I set phone on a volume level and have vibrate in holster only, it vibrates and then rings. If I set volume level on "silent", then it only vibrates in and out of holster. Thanks.
    Set up a custom profile and that will fix it
    03-30-09 01:39 PM
    Open your sound profile>set ring tones alerts>messages>email or sms what ever you want to change>sound in holster to no.
    I have mine set up in here and they all work fine, you have to set to each email account you have on your BB.
    Hope this helps
    03-30-09 01:40 PM
    mclarry -- tried that. Changed all of them to "No" for "sound in holster". Must be doing something else wrong because phone still rings when in holster.
    03-30-09 03:01 PM
    Set up a custom profile and that will fix it
    mclarry -- tried that. Changed all of them to "No" for "sound in holster". Must be doing something else wrong because phone still rings when in holster.
    did you try my first post?
    03-30-09 03:04 PM
    Is your holster garbage? Just asking... Maybe it doesn't know it's in the holster.
    03-30-09 03:29 PM
    if you tried all of the custom choices, but still dont have it responding the way you want to, pull the battery. I wanted mine to ring the custom ring i chose for each of my contacts, when i was in the holster, and it wouldnt. i pulled the battery and now it works the way i want it to. i suspect that if you have it set the way you want, but it still isnt responding, pull the battery. it'll do a reboot, much the way you restart a computer, and maybe that will help you also. Good luck
    04-23-09 01:05 AM
    Yep, creating custom profiles is the only way....I ended up creating a custom ring and a cusotm vibrate profile, never could get one to work just the way I wanted (vibrate doesn't matter much cause I rarely feel it vibrate anyhow).

I know we all hate rumors, but for what it's worth, Verizon employees claim to be trying out the newest OS and the ones I spoke with state it doesn't address the profile issue........crap!
    04-23-09 05:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD