RIM is going to set the world afire with this newest and latest device. Rumor has it that it will have Webkit browser too. RIM hopes that they will stop the bleeding and loss to the Android market with this device.
    07-11-10 08:06 AM
    Photo is actually Marty Cooper... inventor of cell phone technology in the 70's
    07-11-10 08:07 AM
    blahhahahaha that is great... we should be thankful for what we have today, of course some of these peeps wont remember the technology of old....
    07-11-10 08:34 AM
    I hear ya. I wonder how these kids today would survive without cellphones and texting? It wasn't all that long ago we had to wait until we got home to check the answering machine for messages
    blahhahahaha that is great... we should be thankful for what we have today, of course some of these peeps wont remember the technology of old....
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-10 08:57 AM
    Actually, I still have an old cell phone like that. Well not mine but my fathers. I think my father said it was well over a grand and it was a legit brick.

Actually I never even had voicemail on my homephone until last year lol.

I remember back when I was 10 years old, I was happy to get a bike and go out for hours upon hours. I didn't get my first cell phone until I was 16 years old. It had Snake on it and it made phone calls. Saved I think like 100 numbers.
    07-11-10 09:03 AM
    Actually, I still have an old cell phone like that. Well not mine but my fathers. I think my father said it was well over a grand and it was a legit brick.

Actually I never even had voicemail on my homephone until last year lol.

I remember back when I was 10 years old, I was happy to get a bike and go out for hours upon hours. I didn't get my first cell phone until I was 16 years old. It had Snake on it and it made phone calls. Saved I think like 100 numbers.
    i remember back in the day when cell phones didnt save numbers and caller id what was that/ still had to carry an address book around and the phone weighed as much as a 6 pack of beer lmao
    07-11-10 09:32 AM
    I remember the day when the word ”cell“ meant something in the human body and “phone” was something that hung on the wall with a rotary dial and cord.

07-11-10 09:50 AM
    I remember having that same phone, $40 a month, 30 cents a minute, no anytime,night or weekend minutes, and about three bucks a minute roaming!

And carried a pager and pocket of quarters for payphones to keep the cell bill down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

07-11-10 09:56 AM
    I remember having that same phone, $40 a month, 30 cents a minute, no anytime,night or weekend minutes, and about three bucks a minute roaming!

And carried a pager and pocket of quarters for payphones to keep the cell bill down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Payphone? What's a payphone? LOL! Man, this is turning into a "old farts" thread!
    07-11-10 02:29 PM
    I remember in my teens back in the 80's [cough, cough] my parents had the mobile phone that you carried around like a purse with a shoulder strap and the unit was the size and thickness of the Yellow Pages, lol

He11, back then you were cool if you had a portable boombox on your shoulder, these days it's Ipods or PS3's, lol
    07-11-10 03:53 PM
    I remember when my parents got their first cell phone. A bag phone from Alltel. Had the antenna you stuck on the car and ran the cord through the window.

My first cell phone was when I went to college. It was a Nokia and was a Christmas present. I bought a belt clip that vibrated when the phone rang (no cell phones had vibrate, unless you bought a special battery or other accessory). Like some one else said, it held like 99 numbers (which I thought I would never fill up) and had Snake on it. I wore that game out. Text messages were unheard of too and would have been considered a needless luxury. I always checked my voicemail from a landline to save my minutes too.

Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 07-11-10 at 04:06 PM.
    07-11-10 04:03 PM
    I remember when mu parents got their first cell phone. A bag phone from Alltel. Had the antenna you stuck on the car and ran the cord through the window.

My first cell phone was when I went to college. It was a Nokia and was a Christmas present. I bought a belt clip that vibrated when the phone rang (no cell phones had vibrate, u less you bought a special battery or other accessory. Like some one else said, it held like 99 numbers (which I thought I would never fill up) and had Snake on it. I wore that game out. Text messages were unheard of too and would have been considered a needless luxury. I always checked my voicemail from a landline to save my minutes too.

LOL! and you had to make your own polyphonic ringtones with the ringtone composer. Black & white screens, no cameras
    07-11-10 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD