I bought mine on release date and i can email/text fast and without typos.
    I'm actually surprised at how fast I can type now on the Storm. In landscape QWERTY too...
    11-26-08 03:14 PM
    Your first two statements are incorrect, which only speaks volumes about the rest of post.

First off, damn RIM released the Storm? What RIM store did you go to and pick it up? Last I heard it was Verizon and Vodafone who sell the Storm. Maybe you are unclear on how this works, but it's the carrier who decides to go to market, not the manufacturer. Furthermore, Verizon's stance was the Storm is getting released when they wanted it to. Do you honestly think RIM stopped at 4.7.0.65?? You think there wasn't anything newer? Better? Hate to break it to you, but there was and still is.

RIM makes the device, builds the OS, tests, then gives to the carrier to test, and when the carrier is happy, it's released. In other words either Verizon was happy with the OS(which some units have zero problems) or didn't care and just released it and didn't really care.

But how you and others lay the blame squarely on RIM is beyond me. As if they're the only ones who deserve it. The bad thing is, if you all knew what really went on behind the scenes, Verizon would be in deep sh it right now.
    Well said, I love my storm, TRUELY. I bet some of the people who are complaining were the ones who were complaining when the phone was gonna be released. Now that it's out, OMG! they released it too soon.
    11-26-08 03:15 PM
    What I find amusing is that EVERYONE just wanted Verizon to release the phone. They kept saying "who cares if it's got a couple of bugs, RIM will fix it." Well so now it's out and there's still a couple of bugs and everyone wants to throw RIM and Verizon under the bus for it. You can't have it both ways folks.
    damn! you beat me to it, you must be on the Storm
    11-26-08 03:16 PM
    Hi Crucial I see your point but in the end people look at the manufacturer of the device. Verizon is in the business of selling the phone and most people don't look at it that way.

Maybe RIM needs to get their nutZ out of Verizons purse and take control of what they put out because these are the ramifications.

I'm not saying Verizon is not to share in the blame. I do agree. So I'm not arguing with you.

Conversely if the Storm was a huge success and great phone people would have been singing the praise of RIM not Verizon. So it goes both ways. Its just the way it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you for articulating your displeasure for the device in the correct(adult) way. I just see all the RIM bashing, and the carrier doesn't get mentioned. I agree, you make some good points. I don't want to debate who's more at fault than the other, I just want people to realize this isn't squarely on RIM. But thanks for a level-headed response.
    11-26-08 03:17 PM
    To all those jackasses who are knocking the storm - if u dont like it -take it back. If u dont have one , but like your apple thingy-good for you. But dont keep posting neg feedbak-sooooooo boring
    Why do people like you always turn this into an Apple thing.

We are big fans of berry's whether you realize it or not.

11-26-08 03:18 PM
    I find it a bit frustrating when people post that the Storm isn't any good because THEY don't like it.

It's one thing to say "I don't like the Storm" because of your experience with it; it's quite another to say "The Storm isn't a good device" because of your experience with it.

What drew me to the Storm WAS/IS the touchscreen. I've been a long-time (9ish years) Palm user. Could not live without a touchscreen.

I've tried Blackberries, I've tried the Motorola Q and, every time I do, I find myself touching to screen, trying to get to perform some action. It seems natural...to me.

Accept the fact that people are different and like different things. If there was "one perfect phone" we wouldn't have 25 phone choices (from Verizon alone)...You'd just go in and choose your color.

I, for one, am thankful that RIM finally made a touchscreen Blackberry...and thank God that Verizon is the carrier.

I'm sorry that you don't like it. I really and truely hope that you're able to find a device that suits your needs.

For me, personally, that device is the Storm.
    11-26-08 03:19 PM
    The Storm was designed to give consumers a choice. If the Storm isn't the right fit for you, then you have the ability to choose another model.
    11-26-08 03:21 PM
    i say return your storm and go back to your dumbphones. i love the Storms touchscreenits awsome makes typing awhole lot easier

11-26-08 03:23 PM
    I'm sure the engineers at RIM most likely had the OS running smoothly under their control. But once it gets handed over to VZW, their engineers go through and change things and add other VZ code to their liking and run into bugs and so. But I'm sure it was the hierarchy who rushed both RIM and the VZ engineers to at least getting to a functional state. I've had to configure mines constantly for it to be back up to speed. I'm no expert on BB's but I do build computers and understand as to why some of these problems come to be. I'm sure they'll iron it out, I mean look at the whole Vista deal, I had it before release and drivers even after release were just terrible. Hopefully the next update fixes the lag, but some bug fixes are going to make it in the first update guaranteed.
    11-26-08 03:23 PM
    Another thread of how Verizon/Rim should have never release the storm. If you think it's not a good phone , don't buy it. If you don't want to deal with minor bugs, don't buy it. If it doesn't have a physical keyboard that you want, don't buy it. I don't see how Verizon or RIM messed up in making/releasing this phone. I have minor to no problems at all with mine.
    11-26-08 03:37 PM
    Love all the theories about how the phone was released to VZ and whatnot....keep 'em comin!
    Also love the militant way with which some of you are defending the Storm..makes me want to get mine... which was preordered through telesales and I have no clue when I am getting it

P.S. the OP said that he has the Storm and will be bringing it back.
    11-26-08 03:39 PM
    Its not a matter of the Storm not being for people. For the most part everyone on here wanted one or got one. So its not a matter of people saying the phone is junk or whatever just to say it.

The people posting on here that are voicing their displeasure, including myself, wanted a touchscreen but are very dissappointed in the device and expected something halfway decent and usable.

11-26-08 03:47 PM
    They didn't make this cus of the iPhone...it was conceived BEFORE the iPhone....plus, look at how quickly touch screens are becoming THE phone...it's only a matter of time before all phones are touchscreen and the only physical keys you get are in phones like the voyager, glyde, G1, etc.
    11-26-08 04:02 PM
    Its not a matter of the Storm not being for people. For the most part everyone on here wanted one or got one. So its not a matter of people saying the phone is junk or whatever just to say it.

The people posting on here that are voicing their displeasure, including myself, wanted a touchscreen but are very dissappointed in the device and expected something halfway decent and usable.

CK, you don't believe the Storm is halfway decent or usable? Really? I know that some devices are working better than others, but honestly, I've yet to see a device that's so bug ridden it's not usable or half-way decent. That said, it's not perfect, but not usable?
    11-26-08 04:04 PM
    Apple was able to do this without any prior experience in the mobile phone market and now they're beginning to eat RIM's lunch.

wow ... this not fully true.... Yes they didn't have anything in the mobile market but look at the time and effort put into iPods well before the phone ever hit they new what good media was and how to accomplish it well before the iPhone. The rest of the phone is also designed out of many things that were used on there mac operating system.

People are sadly mistaken to think that one day Apple decided to just build a phone from the ground up. The truth is they already had full understanding of most of what they were doing previous to it being incorporated into a phone.
    11-26-08 04:14 PM
    What I find amusing is that EVERYONE just wanted Verizon to release the phone. They kept saying "who cares if it's got a couple of bugs, RIM will fix it." Well so now it's out and there's still a couple of bugs and everyone wants to throw RIM and Verizon under the bus for it. You can't have it both ways folks.
    Well said... I will only add...
    IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN OUT FOR A WHOLE WEEK YET... GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
    11-26-08 04:16 PM
    my answer, even before the Storm became public, was not just a touchscreen device, but to redefine the marketplace instead of playing catchup to Apple by going with a slideout keyboard. yes, there are lots of slideouts out there, but none have RIM's keyboard FEEL. RIM could have done something dimensionally like the Storm: huge screen, solid build, excellent aesthetics... but put a slide out QWERTY beneath it. touch for navigation to feed that part of the market and lose the trackball (its achilles heel when it comes to reliability).
    I'm quite satisfied with my Storm.

Still in reading your thoughs on a slide out keybaord i have to wonder if that would have made the phone have too big a foot print. Adding another 2 inches to the to the height of the mode (landscape mode) would have made navigating from the slide out keynboard to the top of the touch screen dificult at best.
    11-26-08 04:25 PM
    I do not think the storm can replace a power users blackberry. For me its near perfect. I can keep up with im's, txt's and run around on the web. Its also a solid phone for calling.
    11-26-08 04:30 PM
    I love how the iPhone gets brought into this when the OP is just talking about having a Storm with a pull out keyboard. How about a Storm with a pull out iPhone?
    11-26-08 04:40 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD