To say that a company "eats its own dog food" means that it uses the products that it makes.
    I would like to know if all of the employees at RIM are using the Storm in the real world, as their every day only cell phone. Are they seeing and expierencing the same hardware and software issues that we live with 24/7? Does the CEO of RIM take his Storm out of his pocket and find dust accumlimating under the screen? Does the IT guy at RIM get annoyed when his phone reboots randomly? Does the HR person at RIM care that the bottom part of her screen is much harder to click than anywhere else?
    Just curious.
    01-10-09 11:52 PM
    Great questions. And more than likely the answer to those questions is that they already have your money, so they probably don't care. I'd love to see someone do an interview with a RIM big wig and see what they have to say on all these issues.
    01-11-09 12:09 AM
    I read the title and had to chuckle. Only collide could come up with something this good : )

I'd like to take a stab at an answer.

My guess is they do eat their own dog food BUT which one chicken, beef, lamb, venison etc etc.

I do not think that any of them carry the Storm accept for beta testing purposes. They probobly carry one of the more reliable models for their personal use.

They are more than aware already of the extent of problems with the Storm.

My biggest question to them though. How did you let this happen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by cereal killer; 01-11-09 at 12:21 AM.
    01-11-09 12:10 AM
    I met a RIM developer at a party last month and he had *on him* a Storm, a Bold, and a Curve 2. He was testing them all. He spotted me using my Storm and he approached. He said "whoa, I test those things all day long and but I've never seen one out in the wild before. Cool!" I thought it was pretty cool too.
    01-11-09 12:43 AM
    I met a RIM developer at a party last month and he had *on him* a Storm, a Bold, and a Curve 2. He was testing them all. He spotted me using my Storm and he approached. He said "whoa, I test those things all day long and but I've never seen one out in the wild before. Cool!" I thought it was pretty cool too.
    Did you tell him of all the issues the people are having with storms?
    01-11-09 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD