After reading every comment on the Storm 1 and hearing everyone I know who has or had the Storm 1 I've notice very few people next to no one outside of Crackberry.com had anything good to say about the Storm 1. Now that Storm2 has come out which is obviously waaaay better than the original one, the Storm name has gotten a bad wrap. Does anyone think that releasing the original Storm with so many flaw was a huge mistake. they were probably pushed to do so in order to cash in on the holiday days a year ago but are they paying for it now?
    10-19-09 10:07 AM
    This probably would generate more interest in the storm forum. I believe the storm was pushed out prematurely. That being said-it has gotten better with updates. Still not what it should be, but better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 10:38 AM
    It's possible they did need to do more work with it's operating system, but it was a learning experience for Rim. I think they did learn and get it right with the next couple new generation BlackBerries. For example the 8900 was ready to go right out of the box. That said, maybe those who suffered through the growing pains with the first Storms should get a rebate to use toward the purchase of the Storm 2. Just a thought, .

10-19-09 10:56 AM
    We are still debating this almost a year after the release? Why?

10-19-09 11:18 AM
    the question is was VZW wrong for releasing it, RIM didn't have much say in the matter...the contract with VZW (and the other carriers who sold it also) was that the carrier tests and releases the device...RIM didn't release the device, the carriers did...

also,

10-19-09 03:45 PM
    I think it's safe to say RIM "could" have had a bit better design team for the S1 screen technology... they somehow were able to pull it out of their a55 in a year with the S2 (even if they were working on it when the S1 released), but like patches said... it was the carriers that released the phone, not RIM.

But in defense of the carrier (and to play devil's advocate)... when you bind someone to a contract to build something for you and they build a POS in the time you gave them in the contract, what are you going to do?
    10-19-09 04:39 PM
    blood on both hands
    10-19-09 04:39 PM
    I remember saying back on 11/20/08 that I'd take a "not ready but ok" Storm over "a when will it be released?" Storm.
    10-19-09 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD