There's a few more issues then just this Geoff, but you have to admit... this is kind of like smiling for the camera with a nice big piece of spinach in your teeth on RIM's part.

Oh I know what you mean, just giving you some unneeded grief :P

To me, it's just that the subject with the spinach in its teeth isn't even wearing any pants! (bug wise; like you said there are some huge flaws in this OS...the scrunchy bug ranks with the on screen small blue arrows in media player etc) hehe
    10-26-09 02:49 PM
    Anyone notice that the blacks are different shades? For example if you lock your phone and then press a button and it says its locked. Look at the Lock Icon compared to the rest of the screen that says the phone is locked. It does this for other items on the phone. Atleast on mine. Doesn't really bother me too much but it sure seems sloppy.
    I dunno about black color depth on the Lock Screen, I can't get over the fact that I can select the Lock Screen message text with two fingers. lol
    10-26-09 02:51 PM
    Yep its there...and its a bug...but to me it seems to be a pretty minor bug. Id be happy with bugs like that insted of the major ones that have existed in the past
    Agreed, it's pretty minor. Props to Civic for digging deep and finding little quirks, just have to get past the "ZOMG a BUG!!! RIM is the suxars!" for every little one she finds...
    10-26-09 03:04 PM
    With the exception of the warranty issue mentioned previously (which I thought these had a year warranty..could be wrong i guess) VZ will replace these with a tour or anything of less value.. This is as recent as last week, a buddy of mine got sent a tour without having his contract date extended/moved etc. (regular non-corporate account as well)

Previously my company switched out I believe 8 or 9 of these phones in exchange for Tours with no penalty, however this may or may not be related to having a rather large corporate account. Regardless, it's happens and it's really not hard to have them switch you out a phone unless your a relatively new customer.

Anyway, sure, its a bug.. a very minor bug. It's annoying yes, espeacially since we assume it'd be rather easy to fix. However, I wouldn't rank it very high on any list.. how often are you staring at the home screen? Shoddy programming and Q/A for sure...but they set the reputation for this device at least, with the actual release of the phone. Perhaps the Car rule applies with phones, "don't buy the first year of a brand new model." :P

TLDR: I like my storm even with overlapping text. I hope next official release will be properly programmed & Q/A'd.
    10-26-09 03:35 PM
    With the exception of the warranty issue mentioned previously (which I thought these had a year warranty..could be wrong i guess) VZ will replace these with a tour or anything of less value.. This is as recent as last week, a buddy of mine got sent a tour without having his contract date extended/moved etc. (regular non-corporate account as well)
    The warranty issue is that the device is only under a warranty via the seller, not RIM - i.e. RIM will not honor your warranty, Verizon does. I didn't get my device through a warranty-supporting seller, hence the warranty issue. Aside from that, yeah, 1 year warranty.
    10-26-09 03:45 PM
    I can't believe there are 9 pages about this incredibly minor icon alignment glitch. Give me a break. Did anyone here use or remember 4.7.0.75? That OS had serious issues and was almost unusable with frequent crashes, reboots, etc. This OS is phenomenal in comparison. Talk about nitpicking...
    10-26-09 10:14 PM
131 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD