As i said it was your choice.

Yes i know buggy FW doesnt extend the period however if you call verizon and tell them how displeased you are with the FW on the phone they will get you a new phone whether its a Storm or something else. Thats all im saying. If its that big a deal to you then get a new phone.
    I can call Verizon until I'm blue in the face and the world comes to an end, they won't give me a new device. Again, I like my device. I don't want a new one until something catches my eye (maybe a Droid, maybe the S2). This FW release just disappoints me and really damages my opinion of RIM's dev team.
    10-26-09 01:18 AM
    As i said it was your choice.

Yes i know buggy FW doesnt extend the period however if you call verizon and tell them how displeased you are with the FW on the phone they will get you a new phone whether its a Storm or something else. Thats all im saying. If its that big a deal to you then get a new phone.
    Sweet! I'm going to wait until the S2 and the Android phones come out and then call up VZW and tell them drumzalicious said I could use the "Scrunched icon get a new phone" card.
    10-26-09 01:19 AM
    OK, a couple of news flashes for you. S2 (as an example) with this same OS version WILL HAVE the same issue. (So yeah, it's not a S1 problem, it's more of an OS problem.)

Also, if you think anyone can take their Storm in tomorrow and complain to VZW that they just upgraded to OS5 and it still has issues and they want another (other then Storm) phone as replacement/compensation, you're high.
    Im not high. I did it myself and i know plenty of other people who have done it. There were quite a few on this forum who went from a Storm to a Tour when it came out. Or who just got a completely different phone all together. I have been in the store when it has happened.

Also i never said it wasnt an OS issue. I said that the majority of people who have never even used OS 5.0 will care more about the fact that their phone runs more efficiently than it did on 4.7 to even care about that they icon is scrunched.

You guys have your opinion, i have mine. Its just crazy that there is ALWAYS something people will complain about.
    10-26-09 01:19 AM
    Im not high. I did it myself and i know plenty of other people who have done it. There were quite a few on this forum who went from a Storm to a Tour when it came out. Or who just got a completely different phone all together. I have been in the store when it has happened.

Also i never said it wasnt an OS issue. I said that the majority of people who have never even used OS 5.0 will care more about the fact that their phone runs more efficiently than it did on 4.7 to even care about that they icon is scrunched.

You guys have your opinion, i have mine. Its just crazy that there is ALWAYS something people will complain about.
    Yes... it is crazy that RIM can't get their act together and put out an FW update that doesn't have glaring issues staring us in the face for us to complain about... funny that.
    10-26-09 01:21 AM

It's not "our" fault these releases have bugs in them. Now please stop bickering before you get the thread locked and people miss out on this shame.
    10-26-09 01:21 AM
    Sweet! I'm going to wait until the S2 and the Android phones come out and then call up VZW and tell them drumzalicious said I could use the "Scrunched icon get a new phone" card.
    Get one for me too, Civic.
    10-26-09 01:22 AM
    I can call Verizon until I'm blue in the face and the world comes to an end, they won't give me a new device. Again, I like my device. I don't want a new one until something catches my eye (maybe a Droid, maybe the S2). This FW release just disappoints me and really damages my opinion of RIM's dev team.
    well that sucks for you. I know countless people who have called and complained about the fact that their storms have been buggy from day one and never took them back because they were always told to wait on the OS upgrades and to still have bugs in the software is unacceptable. Verizon has always given them an option to switch to another device. Never did I say it would be a device you wanted (Tour, S2, Droid) but it would be a different device that wouldnt be as complained about.

Actually now you might be able to get a Tour. When I got mine they were giving some people free Tours and others discounted Tours and some were having to get 8330's. Point is they didnt like the Storm and got something more stable
    10-26-09 01:22 AM
    well that sucks for you. I know countless people who have called and complained about the fact that their storms have been buggy from day one and never took them back because they were always told to wait on the OS upgrades and to still have bugs in the software is unacceptable. Verizon has always given them an option to switch to another device. Never did I say it would be a device you wanted (Tour, S2, Droid) but it would be a different device that wouldnt be as complained about.

Actually now you might be able to get a Tour. When I got mine they were giving some people free Tours and others discounted Tours and some were having to get 8330's. Point is they didnt like the Storm and got something more stable
    Maybe you missed the part where I said my device wasn't under warranty?
    10-26-09 01:24 AM
    It's not "our" fault these releases have bugs in them. Now please stop bickering before you get the thread locked and people miss out on this shame.
    I never said it was YOUR fault that it had issues. I said it was your fault that you stayed with the product that had defects.

Look at all the ppl that jumped on iPhones and switched. Look at the people that go from a PC to a Mac or visa versa. XBox to PS3.

If you dont like it dont use it is all im saying.

Carry on with your complaining.
    10-26-09 01:25 AM
    Maybe you missed the part where I said my device wasn't under warranty?
    neither was mine actually now that i think about it. I got my Storm at Best Buy
    10-26-09 01:26 AM

vzw will do this if you turn in like 3 phones in a certain time frame....so it will happen, its not a suprise
    10-26-09 01:29 AM
    vzw will do this if you turn in like 3 phones in a certain time frame....so it will happen, its not a suprise
    Problem is that if you're not under warranty, you can't get them to exchange anything. (I tried when my screen click started to fade away; three cheers for the torx fix!)
    10-26-09 01:32 AM
    Problem is that if you're not under warranty, you can't get them to exchange anything. (I tried when my screen click started to fade away; three cheers for the torx fix!)
    strange. unless you told them you didnt get it from them or something. because getting mine from Best Buy would mean Verizon wouldnt swap it correct?

thats strange tho. as in i never had a problem and i got mine from a 3rd party.

maybe someone can make a hybrid that fixes the icon issue.
    10-26-09 01:38 AM
    DOS was pretty GD perfect, hoss. Now run along and be distracted by 5.0's "something shiny" and 'we' will keep on noticing how RIM's dev team has failed and how VZW's QA team has failed.
    Hi-five! to Phil.Stinger! LMAO @ the DOS reference! Well played sir...well played indeed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 01:38 AM
    We won't need a hybrid for that. The icon issue is more then likely a default theme issue. It appeared when the new SMS icon revision happened if I remember correctly. Some jacko messed up on the theme, that's all.
    10-26-09 01:40 AM
    strange. unless you told them you didnt get it from them or something. because getting mine from Best Buy would mean Verizon wouldnt swap it correct?

thats strange tho. as in i never had a problem and i got mine from a 3rd party.

Nah, Best Buy is a contracted retailer; ESN is logged to BB and BB logs it to you. I got mine from a friend. They know what you buy from 'them' and what you don't.

Hi-five! to Phil.Stinger! LMAO @ the DOS reference! Well played sir...well played indeed.

Thank you. Thank you. I'm here all week....
    10-26-09 01:41 AM
    So I figured I try the "Reset Theme Defaults" to see if by any chance it might fix the icon issue. By doing so I might have found another bug, it deleted BB App World!
    Icon gone-checked all folders - Not listed in apps - App Center lists it as "Not installed" - checked for the cod files and they where gone too!
    A quick download got it back but what was strange is I didn't have to go through the EULA, so it must've left something in a database file showing I had already accepted.
    Strange
    10-26-09 02:16 AM
    Hehe... I just lost BB Maps a bit ago. Device says it's installed, DM says it's not, I've 'installed' it twice now and no change. I'm going to reload the whole shebang and see if that helps.
    10-26-09 02:25 AM
    Oh my this is a complete disaster , now the world will surely end

10-26-09 05:24 AM
    i've seen it happen to my UberTwitter icon and it was on the right side of the screen.
    so it may be the addition/removal of the number above the icon name. checking the messages
    then going back to the icon screen still shows the text as a little displaced.
    changing to the home screen then back fixes it visually, but it'll happen again the next time.

10-26-09 01:47 PM
    A scrunched icon is a pretty big visual bug? wow. i now realize my phone is worthless. Going back for a return now
    10-26-09 01:58 PM
    This must be the mentality of the RIM coders I bet... must be a Canadian thing. "Meh, it's good enough, send it out."

Don't blame us for talking isht on them... we've been shown and even told By Jim that we should expect sub-par OS releases.
    Aw cmon we all know that's an american motto

But really, I know that RIM's claim to fame has always been bulletproof software...especially lately but I expected a bigger bug than this

obviously, i understand how this is a deal breaker along with the 1XEV instead of 3G symbol. Completely hamper phone functionality.

might as well pack it in, both the storm and RIM are finished with this catastrophe. Stay tuned for the earnings report, their shares will fall at least 20 points after this "icon-gate" debacle. Why RIM! WHY!!!?
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 10-26-09 at 02:40 PM.
    10-26-09 02:36 PM
    Aw cmon we all know that's an american motto

But really, I know that RIM's claim to fame has always been bulletproof software...especially lately but I expected a bigger bug than this

obviously, i understand how this is a deal breaker along with the 1XEV instead of 3G symbol. Completely hamper phone functionality.

might as well pack it in, both the storm and RIM are finished with this catastrophe. Stay tuned for the earnings report, their shares will fall at least 20 points after this "icon-gate" debacle. Why RIM! WHY!!!?
    There's a few more issues then just this Geoff, but you have to admit... this is kind of like smiling for the camera with a nice big piece of spinach in your teeth on RIM's part.
    10-26-09 02:44 PM
    Man, you people are picky.

and, technically speaking, I would call it "misaligned" not "scrunched."
    10-26-09 02:45 PM
    Anyone notice that the blacks are different shades? For example if you lock your phone and then press a button and it says its locked. Look at the Lock Icon compared to the rest of the screen that says the phone is locked. It does this for other items on the phone. Atleast on mine. Doesn't really bother me too much but it sure seems sloppy.
    10-26-09 02:48 PM
131 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD