If they're not on your SD card, then they were on your device memory... if you didn't backup your device memory then they're gone.
    they should still be there....i dont think the OS touches that partition of the on board memory
    10-26-09 12:13 AM
    Seriously? a minor cosmetic flaw? how bout rejoicing at the fact that it finally has flick scrolling? or threaded SMS? or half the other crap people complained about.

my goodness every OS has its flaws regardless of who makes it if you dont like the flaws you see in the OS of a product your purchased then take it back or get a different phone.
    10-26-09 12:14 AM
    If they're not on your SD card, then they were on your device memory... if you didn't backup your device memory then they're gone.
    Yes they were on the memory sd card and so was my music ,and ring tones,but after i loaded 5.0.0.328 when i go to click on media it freezes up then opens and shows nothing.And i got an error says my card needs fixing..But really i want to go back to 4.7 how do i go back plz help.
    10-26-09 12:14 AM
    People will take it over 4.7.0.148 and be VERY thankful. The bottom line is, it's a very good performance improvement (for the time being), but I feel we got a polished up Lemon in a small way.

Not paying attention to the small details shows that RIM/VZW is unprofessional and doesn't care to do a thorough enough job. You don't see Apple or Google releasing an OS with fracked up icons or other goofyness. You know what releases such as these tell me? RIM's programmers and testers are OVERWORKED and not getting enough sleep. You tend to make A LOT of blatant mistakes when that happens. Meanwhile you have Mike yacking bullisht about "instant emails (not on BIS pal)" in Germany and Jim trying to buy hockey teams all over the country.
    Yup Jim is cutting costs to move the coyotees to Canada! Seriously I hope the s2 has everyrhing polished Or the storm series will still have a horrible rep. Its gunna take awhile for rim to catch up to google and android. Ohhh welll

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 12:17 AM
    Um on a side note, I just updated to .328 and I've noticed that the 3G symbol has been replaced with the 1XEV. Not a huge problem but I have grown quite fond of the 3G symbol, any thoughts?
    10-26-09 12:18 AM
    Seriously? a minor cosmetic flaw? how bout rejoicing at the fact that it finally has flick scrolling? or threaded SMS? or half the other crap people complained about.

my goodness every OS has its flaws regardless of who makes it if you dont like the flaws you see in the OS of a product your purchased then take it back or get a different phone.
    Yep, I'm gong to march right into a VZW store tomorrow and demand my money back because a year after release and it still has bugs in the OS. Get a clue dude... If we don't lay out the bugs for them, they'll never find them. This IS a good example of this!
    10-26-09 12:20 AM
    they should still be there....i dont think the OS touches that partition of the on board memory
    Don't think DM does.... but Loader will; but I think you have to specifically tell it to.
    10-26-09 12:24 AM
    Yes they were on the memory sd card and so was my music ,and ring tones,but after i loaded 5.0.0.328 when i go to click on media it freezes up then opens and shows nothing.And i got an error says my card needs fixing..But really i want to go back to 4.7 how do i go back plz help.
    Same way you upgraded, but choose the 4.7 FW downgrade instead.
    10-26-09 12:25 AM
    Did anyone notice when you put the phone in landscape view, you really can't see the icons if you have any other theme besides the verizon wireless theme? I have the android them and when I put the phone in landscape view I can't see the icons on the sides. Is this just me?
    10-26-09 12:27 AM

Yeah welcome to months ago... I had all that on 5.0.0.140 and its horrible that RIM hasn't fixed much since then. Its getting very old to keep having to hope for something great.

10-26-09 12:27 AM

flick was implemented way back almost 200 builds ago in 140! that is old news. This is a serious flaw that should be noticed and fixed within like 5 builds at most IMO
    Last edited by howarmat; 10-26-09 at 12:32 AM.
    10-26-09 12:28 AM

... srsly?

.230 had flick and threaded SMS; heck, .140 had tabbed browsing.

You can go back to being a sheep... I'll keep on expecting better out of PROFESSIONAL developers. Heck, my GUIs aren't as glitchy and I'm not a professional.
    10-26-09 12:29 AM
    Did anyone notice when you put the phone in landscape view, you really can't see the icons if you have any other theme besides the verizon wireless theme? I have the android them and when I put the phone in landscape view I can't see the icons on the sides. Is this just me?
    It's a theme thing with the latest 5.0 builds.
    10-26-09 12:31 AM
    You guys say flick and all that stuff is old but most of you here fail to realize that the MAJORITY of storm users stayed on official OS's. Therefore they have not seen/used any of this. So to them its all new do you think they will care because an icon is scrunched? i seriously doubt it.

As i said. You have seen the device and used it if you dont like it or the problems it has then just get a different phone. Nitpicking at every little detail is ridiculous. You guys ALWAYS find something to complain about when you know there is never ANY os that is completely perfect.
    10-26-09 12:58 AM
    You guys say flick and all that stuff is old but most of you here fail to realize that the MAJORITY of storm users stayed on official OS's. Therefore they have not seen/used any of this. So to them its all new do you think they will care because an icon is scrunched? i seriously doubt it.

As i said. You have seen the device and used it if you dont like it or the problems it has then just get a different phone. Nitpicking at every little detail is ridiculous. You guys ALWAYS find something to complain about when you know there is never ANY os that is completely perfect.
    You sound like Jim Balsillie.
    10-26-09 01:00 AM
    DOS was pretty GD perfect, hoss. Now run along and be distracted by 5.0's "something shiny" and 'we' will keep on noticing how RIM's dev team has failed and how VZW's QA team has failed.
    10-26-09 01:01 AM
    The icon issue is kind of annoying... but I go with 1 row so it doesn't affect me. Probably annoy my brother since he rocks the 2 rows. Yes, this should have been noticed very quickly and fixed.
    10-26-09 01:02 AM
    DOS was pretty GD perfect, hoss. Now run along and be distracted by 5.0's "something shiny" and 'we' will keep on noticing how RIM's dev team has failed and how VZW's QA team has failed.
    The phone has been out for over a year. You read the reviews, and saw all the complaints. The fact that you still have and use the phone is your choice. When you first get the phone you have 30 days to return it. Verizon actually still will let people have different phones if they are not satisfied by the Software Upgrades that have come out.

The fact that you still are using a product that is "so horrible" and so "unprofessionally" made is your choice. IF you dont like what you are using then get rid of it and stop complaining about the slightest thing
    10-26-09 01:04 AM
    +1 and why should I just settle for bugs on my phone when I have a 200 dollar bill every month! Lol

10-26-09 01:05 AM
    I sound like someone who appreciates the fact that there is even an OS update and could care less about the fact that an icon is scrunched. Something that i will not be staring at constantly and something that can be easily fixed if it was THAT serious.

Im sure there are more people out there happy at the new enhancements that 5.0 bring to their device rather than getting bent out of shape because of an icon being scrunched. i mean seriously.
    10-26-09 01:06 AM
    The icon issue is kind of annoying... but I go with 1 row so it doesn't affect me. Probably annoy my brother since he rocks the 2 rows. Yes, this should have been noticed very quickly and fixed.
    i agree i never use 2 rows so i wont effect me but its still and easy flaw that shouldnt be happening.

Curious civic, what OS did this first show up on?
    10-26-09 01:08 AM
    Mine looks fine also!
    10-26-09 01:11 AM
    The phone has been out for over a year. You read the reviews, and saw all the complaints. The fact that you still have and use the phone is your choice. When you first get the phone you have 30 days to return it. Verizon actually still will let people have different phones if they are not satisfied by the Software Upgrades that have come out.

The fact that you still are using a product that is "so horrible" and so "unprofessionally" made is your choice. IF you dont like what you are using then get rid of it and stop complaining about the slightest thing
    First off, I didn't have 30 days. I bought my Storm off-contract from a third-party vendor. I researched the heck out of the device and I knew when I bought it that it would be buggy. The phone's been out a year, which means that even if I had the 30 days I DO NOT ANY MORE. A new FW release does not reinstate that period. Nor does a new FW release magically created a warranty-eligible device out of thin air.

I like my device; the FW is better in some ways, worse in others. That's just the nature of software development, though. What I don't like, though, is RIM's dev team half-@$$ing their jobs and VZW pushing out half-baked FW revisions for no apparent reason. This build shouldn't have been released; plain and simple. You have you opinion, I have mine. If you can't let me have mine and express it in the manner in which I choose, then STFU and go on somewhere and pet your precious little 5.0 release that VZW has packaged and decreed that you should like. You want me to get a new device, PM me and I'll give you an address you can send me $500 to grab a new phone.
    10-26-09 01:12 AM

OK, a couple of news flashes for you. S2 (as an example) with this same OS version WILL HAVE the same issue. (So yeah, it's not a S1 problem, it's more of an OS problem.)

Also, if you think anyone can take their Storm in tomorrow and complain to VZW that they just upgraded to OS5 and it still has issues and they want another (other then Storm) phone as replacement/compensation, you're high.
    10-26-09 01:14 AM
    First off, I didn't have 30 days. I bought my Storm off-contract from a third-party vendor. I researched the heck out of the device and I knew when I bought it that it would be buggy. The phone's been out a year, which means that even if I had the 30 days I DO NOT ANY MORE. A new FW release does not reinstate that period. Nor does a new FW release magically created a warranty-eligible device out of thin air.

I like my device; the FW is better in some ways, worse in others. That's just the nature of software development, though. What I don't like, though, is RIM's dev team half-@$$ing their jobs and VZW pushing out half-baked FW revisions for no apparent reason. This build shouldn't have been released; plain and simple. You have you opinion, I have mine. If you can't let me have mine and express it in the manner in which I choose, then STFU and go on somewhere and pet your precious little 5.0 release that VZW has packaged and decreed that you should like. You want me to get a new device, PM me and I'll give you an address you can send me $500 to grab a new phone.
    As i said it was your choice.

Yes i know buggy FW doesnt extend the period however if you call verizon and tell them how displeased you are with the FW on the phone they will get you a new phone whether its a Storm or something else. Thats all im saying. If its that big a deal to you then get a new phone.
    10-26-09 01:16 AM
131 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD