......... huh. What... I was staring at some boobs!

I had the same issues with 230 and 323; they settled down after a day or so. I just hope they do that here too.
    10-25-09 11:24 PM
    another nice visual bug they missed is the landscape keyboard. They made the spacebar a bit wider, but didnt change the size of the blue glow.... It doesn't even make it to the edges of the spacebar...
    10-25-09 11:31 PM
    This whole thread reminds me of those visual 3D posters where you have to go cross-eyed to see it, some people can see it while others will never see it.

Civic you probably point out all the flaws in movies too, huh?
    10-25-09 11:31 PM
    You should also blame the LAZY Verizon testers who AREN'T thorough.
    Makes you wonder what they are testing.
    Phone- check, Email- check, Browser- check, SMS- check, MMS- check, change wallpaper- check,,,OK,,,Ship it! LOL
    10-25-09 11:34 PM
    VZW/RIM = FAIL! Honestly .328 is ok but this shouldn't be official with the amount of bugs! If vzw thinks people will love .328 its not gunna work on me! I can see if your coming from .148 but I've had all the leaks and this OS is full of bugs and cheap fixes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 11:38 PM
    and on the topic of the landscape keyboard.... I can't bring it up at the app screen. Good job RIM.
    10-25-09 11:38 PM
    another nice visual bug they missed is the landscape keyboard. They made the spacebar a bit wider, but didnt change the size of the blue glow.... It doesn't even make it to the edges of the spacebar...
    lol, I know right. I saw that a few releases back, but kind of let it slide... shame on me. I'm glad someone else picked up on it.
    10-25-09 11:40 PM
    honeslty how far in testing did this actually go with VZW, remember patches barely had this and it was named official like the next day and bam released in 2 more. I am really wondering if alot of testing was skipped for this release.
    10-25-09 11:42 PM
    honeslty how far in testing did this actually go with VZW, remember patches barely had this and it was named official like the next day and bam released in 2 more. I am really wondering if alot of testing was skipped for this release.
    Without going to 'rushed' route, I'd say maybe Patches' source dished it out way late in the game? It definitely doesn't feel like it went through the full range of testing, though. So far it feels just like 232. Nothing different.
    Last edited by philip.stinger; 10-25-09 at 11:47 PM.
    10-25-09 11:44 PM
    RIM making progress........only problem is it seems like baby steps! Either step your game up or get out of the smartphone competition!!!
    10-25-09 11:44 PM
    VZW/RIM = FAIL! Honestly .328 is ok but this shouldn't be official with the amount of bugs! If vzw thinks people will love .328 its not gunna work on me! I can see if your coming from .148 but I've had all the leaks and this OS is full of bugs and cheap fixes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    People will take it over 4.7.0.148 and be VERY thankful. The bottom line is, it's a very good performance improvement (for the time being), but I feel we got a polished up Lemon in a small way.

Not paying attention to the small details shows that RIM/VZW is unprofessional and doesn't care to do a thorough enough job. You don't see Apple or Google releasing an OS with fracked up icons or other goofyness. You know what releases such as these tell me? RIM's programmers and testers are OVERWORKED and not getting enough sleep. You tend to make A LOT of blatant mistakes when that happens. Meanwhile you have Mike yacking bullisht about "instant emails (not on BIS pal)" in Germany and Jim trying to buy hockey teams all over the country.
    10-25-09 11:47 PM
    Oh it was. Remember how Patches said they must really be rushing Network Testing or they are bypassing it. Well, they bypassed it because the Platform didn't change (i.e. SFI file). Both .327 and .328 have the same PL at 4.2.0.128, only the App versions changed.

Also according to the digital signature on the file, they got this on Thursday of last week, and pretty much passed it for release on Friday by the close of business.
    10-25-09 11:51 PM
    What was the PL for 323?
    10-25-09 11:55 PM
    what was the pl for 323?
    10-25-09 11:57 PM
    Oh it was. Remember how Patches said they must really be rushing Network Testing or they are bypassing it. Well, they bypassed it because the Platform didn't change (i.e. SFI file). Both .327 and .328 have the same PL at 4.2.0.128, only the App versions changed.

Also according to the digital signature on the file, they got this on Thursday of last week, and pretty much passed it for release on Friday by the close of business.
    yeah CX mention the PL being the same. So it appears VZW goes from long drawn out testings to pass the **** without even testing alot of crap. I am shocked VVM actually works
    10-25-09 11:59 PM
    At least the 327/328 sfi saw some kind of testing... right? I mean.... you don't think VZW would push a product through without thoroughly testing it......... do you............................................... ...................... </sarcasm>
    10-26-09 12:00 AM
    I dunno, but this OS bug has even totally messed up my Avatar too.

(Seriously, no one said anything about that yet? )
    10-26-09 12:01 AM
    I saw it but never read it until now.... I'm f'in lol'ing!
    10-26-09 12:03 AM
    It appears that nobody is ever satisfied!

Most of you probably can never wait for official upgrades...therefore you constantly have problems....
    10-26-09 12:06 AM
    Got a question? were did my pictures and videos go? Can i go back to 4.7 by loading a back up file or how do i get back to what i had an hour ago?
    Thanks in advance.
    10-26-09 12:08 AM
    I dunno, but this OS bug has even totally messed up my Avatar too.

(Seriously, no one said anything about that yet? )
    damn i noticed but i thought it was from me scrolling to quick and being up since 4 am
    10-26-09 12:08 AM

Most of you probably can never wait for official upgrades...therefore you constantly have problems....
    Obviously you FAIL. This IS an official release... 5.0.0.328 is OFFICAL from Verizon as of 10pm Sunday.
    10-26-09 12:09 AM
    Got a question? were did my pictures and videos go? Can i go back to 4.7 by loading a back up file or how do i get back to what i had an hour ago?
    Thanks in advance.
    If they're not on your SD card, then they were on your device memory... if you didn't backup your device memory then they're gone.
    10-26-09 12:10 AM
    The problem you mentioned is not on my screen...have only used Verizon releases
    10-26-09 12:11 AM

Software that has problems has no bearing on whether we wait for official releases or not... official doesn't make it less buggy. Especially in this case.

Edit: wrong quote...
    Last edited by philip.stinger; 10-26-09 at 12:20 AM.
    10-26-09 12:11 AM
131 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD