I like most of you love my storm but that being said lets not kid ourselves into thinking this device is perfect. Operater error may come into play SOMETIMES but a phone that resets itself whenever it wants several times a day, freezes, rotates when you do not want it to, lags when typing etc etc is NOT operator error. That is something that should be addressed via an update outside of the leaks. Again I like my storm but the device software can be improved for an even more enjoyable experience. And btw I am still running .75 OS and those of you who have updated there phones via the leaks I am sure didn't do so because the device was perfect.
    Well you answered your own question or gripe......
    05-18-09 03:58 PM
    How can you say that there is nothing wrong with the phone? There are problems that Rim is still try to fix. Sure most of the problems might be because of the user. For you that say that yours runs great, you are saying it doesn't lock up at all or lags sometimes, or even reboots. I think people just have lower expectations then some. I think they could have done a better job with the storm. Don't get me wrong I do like the phone.
    05-18-09 04:00 PM
    no reboots...no lag.....no lock ups...and haven't rebooted in a week...and yes I have a lot of apps and themes....and holds memory to 30-32 megs...
    05-18-09 04:02 PM
    I don't believe any person here defending the Storm has used the work "perfect". There are always improvements that can be made to the phone and that is why we have pending OS updates and a Storm 2 coming out. This phone works just fine for the masses.
    05-18-09 04:02 PM
    I like most of you love my storm but that being said lets not kid ourselves into thinking this device is perfect. Operater error may come into play SOMETIMES but a phone that resets itself whenever it wants several times a day, freezes, rotates when you do not want it to, lags when typing etc etc is NOT operator error. That is something that should be addressed via an update outside of the leaks. Again I like my storm but the device software can be improved for an even more enjoyable experience. And btw I am still running .75 OS and those of you who have updated there phones via the leaks I am sure didn't do so because the device was perfect.
    ^^^ agreed 100%. Anyone else thinking back to the April Fool's post that they're abandoning addressing the software issues on the device in favor of the next gen model? Might have been a joke at the time, but since it was recently reported VZW nixed the last OS update it's looking more like a lot of truth said in jest.
    05-18-09 04:25 PM
    I don't think that I am the only one that feels that RIM should not be concentrating on coming out with another storm when the one that they suckered us all into still does not work right! WTF?
    My works great. Running .132. Has a few minor glitches but not enough to ***** about. This phone. Has fewer problems than any other smartphone I've had. As far as the storm 2, what's everyones. ***** about that. Its natural evolution of technology. 2nd gen phone came out a year after the 1st one and everyone linked up to buy them. Quit complaining and either ditch your storm or wait until the next best thing comes out which may or may not be any better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 04:31 PM
    no reboots...no lag.....no lock ups...and haven't rebooted in a week...and yes I have a lot of apps and themes....and holds memory to 30-32 megs...
    Same here. (I don't have a ton of apps, and I only have one theme, but the rest holds true for me, too.)
    05-18-09 04:41 PM
    no point in trying to discuss this, the OP has already made up their mind, and there will be no logical discussion with that one, no sir, no ma'am!
    05-18-09 04:44 PM
    Come on now we all know the storm is not a great phone. You can even ask rims ceo. What did he say "we didn't get it right". I had the storm for months and it was ****. All you people can say its just a phone but it more than that is a big part of our lives. If you read the reviews which I didn't before I got the device. Thousands of reviews can't be wrong. I made a mistake and wished that I didn't have the probs that I did. You shouldn't have to use a leak to have a phone work correctly.

05-18-09 04:49 PM
    no point in trying to discuss this, the OP has already made up their mind, and there will be no logical discussion with that one, no sir, no ma'am!
    Word.

(10char)
    05-18-09 04:56 PM
    Yuk...

Anyone that says the Storm "works" perfectly is a liar or in denial....but for that matter anyone that says anything "works" perfectly is a liar. Mine works fine for me as well. My 2 year old little boy isn't perfect...neither is my wife, daughter, or two dogs. My car's in the shop. My toilet in the hall takes 2 seconds longer to flush than the one in the bedroom, my watch loses 1 minute every 22 days, my shoestring keeps coming untied.....

Come on dude...if you gonna expect perfection then i suspect you should step it up and perform that way

05-18-09 05:07 PM
    storm is pitiful, except if you are a turbo-techno-geek and can keep up with the latest OS builds, leaks, hybrids, box to uncheck, bug report, or generally wanna feel like a beta-tester pro-bono, or just a RIM junky, you got yourself a great experience. Especially if you wanna feel part of a community of trailblazin problem solvers participating in hardware development for a device whose day was a bit too far off into the future... go nuts...

if you wanted something to work outta the box like you paid for it, act reasonably under normal user operations, and or are too busy to take on a 3rd job nurturing your cell phone, then constant frustration will be your's eternal, or until your verizon contract is up or iphone comes to said carrier.

the latest in a long list of stupidity from this device is a complete battery drain, during an AIM convo that lasted 20 minutes on a full charge. congrats RIM job pretty f-in pathetic
    05-18-09 06:01 PM
    They will come out with the upgrade when the os is right....
    05-18-09 06:05 PM
    storm is pitiful, except if you are a turbo-techno-geek and can keep up with the latest OS builds, leaks, hybrids, box to uncheck, bug report, or generally wanna feel like a beta-tester pro-bono, or just a RIM junky, you got yourself a great experience. Especially if you wanna feel part of a community of trailblazin problem solvers participating in hardware development for a device whose day was a bit too far off into the future... go nuts...

if you wanted something to work outta the box like you paid for it, act reasonably under normal user operations, and or are too busy to take on a 3rd job nurturing your cell phone, then constant frustration will be your's eternal, or until your verizon contract is up or iphone comes to said carrier.

the latest in a long list of stupidity from this device is a complete battery drain, during an AIM convo that lasted 20 minutes on a full charge. congrats RIM job pretty f-in pathetic
    iphone isn't the answer to the problem. it has its own issues to address...they have a new revision coming soon, don't they? besides, the storm fits a rather nice niche between function and fun, the OS is the issue, and shouldn't be an issue for much longer.

and your batter issue is just that, your battery. i had the same issue, and i got a bunch of accessories and stuff, one came bundled with a new battery, and problems solved. the old one gets the dock charger treatment and it works just fine, it just doesn't hold a charge when its charged up through the phone. idk why. but when i use an external charge its fine.

not like any of my statements will sway you, seems like your mind is made up. but i think its important to give all perspectives to people who are on the fence. hope my input helps someone around here.
    05-18-09 06:09 PM
    shutty patches lol "oh golden code, where ye be...swimmin in a river or flyin by a tree..." def not on my storm lol
    05-18-09 06:11 PM
    My storm works like the rest of them, reboot every so often, no big deal with me, freeze every so often also... not ready to run out and do the storm 2 thing when it comes out. ill let that phone work the bugs out before i upgrade... The OS will come out one day have "patience"........:-)
    05-18-09 06:38 PM
    My storm works like the rest of them, reboot every so often, no big deal with me, freeze every so often also... not ready to run out and do the storm 2 thing when it comes out. ill let that phone work the bugs out before i upgrade... The OS will come out one day have "patience"........:-)
    i think people fail to realize that when it comes to phones of any kind, reboots happen to EVERYTHING. lag happenes to EVERYTHING. all of these issues happen to EVERYTHING. not all the time, but they're all capable of having these issues. my v3m would reboot and lag, my curve would reboot and lag, iphones reboot and lag, enVs can reboot or lag. it's not just a storm thing.
    05-18-09 06:55 PM
    It's just growing pains. It was a first for both of them, they'll get it right..
    05-18-09 07:23 PM
    i think people fail to realize that when it comes to phones of any kind, reboots happen to EVERYTHING. lag happenes to EVERYTHING. all of these issues happen to EVERYTHING. not all the time, but they're all capable of having these issues. my v3m would reboot and lag, my curve would reboot and lag, iphones reboot and lag, enVs can reboot or lag. it's not just a storm thing.
    We use touchscreen machines at work...built by Motorola and uses WinMo-based software...talk about lag!!! And i have to reboot at least once a day. Lag is natural in electronics. Granted the Storm (on .75) is laggy more than normal but again...and this has been beat to death...this is RIM's first shot at a touchscreen device. Like it or not, its here and here to stay.

05-18-09 07:44 PM
    not like any of my statements will sway you, seems like your mind is made up. but i think its important to give all perspectives to people who are on the fence. hope my input helps someone around here.
    yeah and I hope people like me who don't feel the desire to beta-test hardware will stay away and realize the 2 for 1 special that roped me into this mess worked cause i didn't really listen to some of the initial complaints and i too figured it was because of stupid users adjusting to a new phone. My opinion

whats apparent now is that the first batch of reviewers were so clearly in RIMs pocket that they were all sugar coating the crap hardware/OS combo, and the rate at which "fixes" were leaked far exceeded the amount of real fixes for a the hardware.

as for laggy rebooting devices, if this were just the only bugs but they represent the tip of the proverbial iceberg, the phone forgets what an MP3 is, or the camera goes black and white, it changes settings, the list goes on an on... so its not any one bug or annoying oversite in terms of QC, but the complete lack of working OS/hardware when in real world situations...

if you try and listen to music while browsing the internet, the only solace you have is the realization that you can only suffer a maximum of 2 reboots because the battery will die before a 3rd is possible
    05-18-09 08:14 PM
    There's always the Cool9500....it has a TV Tuner, more buttons to push, and better yet some bling.

Seems like a sensible alternative to me.

For those that have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about:

Behold, the solution to all of your problems!
    Last edited by wicked.lester; 05-18-09 at 08:32 PM.
    05-18-09 08:25 PM

I'm STILL trying to find a way to reduce the lag from my eye to my brain a fraction of a second is by and large, unacceptable.

I've tried intoxicants (which will go unmentioned) but they just seem to have the reverse effect
    05-19-09 03:40 PM
    Not sure if anyone said it, but did anyone consider that most of the work on the Storm 2 might apply to the Storm 1 also? Aside from the display and some cosmetic changes, it's probably all pretty much the same hardware. So, either there are going to be two versions of the Storm with some OS glitches or there will be a new OS that works on both. Don't you think?
    05-20-09 12:11 AM
    There's always the Cool9500....it has a TV Tuner, more buttons to push, and better yet some bling.

Seems like a sensible alternative to me.

For those that have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about:

Behold, the solution to all of your problems!
    F****** HILARIOUS!! LMFAO!!!

05-20-09 01:00 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD