SONY

Down 20pts/51% over past 6 months. BluRay to blame?
    02-16-09 09:04 PM
    Prada darling if you keep back talking to me ill make you sleep outside tonight
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Why?

Does it make you feel inadequate when you can't find a decent response that would logically defend your stance?

LOL at your caveman mentality.

02-16-09 09:05 PM
    Nice almost tripple post. You have no financial creds, so according to you, your argument is... baseless.

And prada, its not that he feels inadequate.. its that his whole argument against people who find FACTS to support the Storm's troubles has been either to simply call them trolls or to say they don't own one (whether we own one or not) ...

and now it's turned around and he can't see the congruity
    02-16-09 09:06 PM
    RIM'S stock has done nothing but go down since it last hit 105ish late this past summer. It has been a dog with flea's citing all sorts of issues from the Canadian dollar loosing much of its strength against the US's and lower it guidance 2 consecutive quarters. The storm was just the straw that broke the camel�s back, RIM needs a serious make over from the ground up or the street will take this once great tech stock all the way down into the 20�s.
    02-16-09 09:07 PM
    SONY

Down 20pts/51% over past 6 months. BluRay to blame?
    Those Blu-Rays are killing them their losing a ton of money on every PS3

02-16-09 09:07 PM
    Nice almost tripple post. You have no financial creds, so according to you, your argument is... baseless.
    It's okay jdoc-

asmallchild is just trying to defend their stance by making it "seem" okay that RIM is failing, just because everyone else is too-

It'll be okay smallie-
    02-16-09 09:08 PM
    Prada darling if you keep back talking to me ill make you sleep outside tonight

and falling profits suggest a mixed shift in RIM products, according to UBS analyst

Why does suggest and analyst mean that the person who is giving his advice is speculating on what he thinks is going on
    Yeah he gets paid to speculate on their past fiscal year..RIMs not losing money like sony so chill folks

I think we've proven that in this economy, everyone is struggling. The drop in stock prices (as you noted earlier) is often due to companies unable to match the estimates they had set for themselves.

Is RIM doing poorly? Sure, in keeping with my theme, a 76pt/56% decrease over the last 6 months isn't something to celebrate about (unless you're AIG and feel the need to waste bailout money)

But everyone else is doing poorly too. And attempting to pin the blame on one device/source/area/item is comical.
    02-16-09 09:08 PM
    DELL

-15/-63% over past 6 mo. Laptop computers to blame?
    02-16-09 09:09 PM
    Those Blu-Rays are killing them their losing a ton of money on every PS3

True. But I'd be hesitant to pin BluRay as the sole cause of their economic woes.
    02-16-09 09:10 PM
    Has the Storm played a role in lowering RIM's margins? Yes
    Was it expected? Yes
    Is it the only reason their margins have declined? No

Numbers for the Storm have been beyond projections, forcing RIM to place rush orders with their suppliers for the components that go into the storm, forcing them to pay a premium. RIM has also had to pay a premium to have these parts expedited through the shipping channels.

Other new models also carry lower margins during the beginning of their life cycle and you have RIM's margins trending down. As the products such as the Storm, Bold, 8900, etc mature their margins will increase sending RIM's overall margins higher.

Add in all the new subscribers and RIM is sitting pretty in 6 months time.
    02-16-09 09:11 PM
    This is lame any refute comes back to you clinging to a sole article...let me get to my goddamn pc I can't even watch family guy in peace

02-16-09 09:12 PM
    Although no stock has come through the crisis unscathed, RIM'S stock has done nothing but go down since it last hit 105ish past fall. It has been a dog with flea's citing all sorts of issues from the Canadian dollar loosing much of its strength against the US's and lower it guidance 2 consecutive quarters. The storm was just the straw that broke the camel�s back, RIM needs a serious make over from the ground up or the street will take this once great tech stock all the way down into the 20�s.
    02-16-09 09:12 PM
    But everyone else is doing poorly too. And attempting to pin the blame on one device/source/area/item is comical.
    Wait Wait Wait!

Are you trying to say that if Company A makes Product B-

And they market product B as being the best of the best, the be all and end all of all touchscreen phones-

And Company A invests all this time and money on Said Product B-

And In the End Product B does Horribly-

And then After all is said and done investors and consumers are totally let down by Product B-

That it is COMICAL to think that Product B damaged Company A?

Huh?
    02-16-09 09:13 PM
    Find all the random stock quotes you want, they are irrelevant because the ARTICLE'S EXPERTS explained the drop in percentages and margins in relation to the Storm specifically. They were SPECIFICALLY talking about how the STORM has affected RIM, not about overall drops as compared to the market... but then, I am not a financial expert .. and neither are any of YOU. BUT the people in the ARTICLE ARE.

Unless I see your creds, your websites... your consultant listings... you are no better than someone who doesn't own a storm commenting on the storm's problems. It's that simple.

Dontcha hate facts?
    02-16-09 09:13 PM
    RIM makes phones. Not computers or media players. Just phones.

They released this pile of crap and its no surprise their stock has fallen.

02-16-09 09:14 PM
    This is lame any refute comes back to you clinging to a sole article
    I'll help them out.

Bloomberg.com: U.S.

Bold to blame?
    02-16-09 09:15 PM
    This is lame any refute comes back to you clinging to a sole article...let me get to my goddamn pc I can't even watch family guy in peace

The best part of this is, 1) you are posting from a mobile device. 2) the argument against anyone who ever says anything about the Storm's problems is that they are a) a troll or b) Don't have experience with the device.

In other words:

Article 1
    Everyone else: 0

Facts... god I hate facts.
    02-16-09 09:16 PM
    HTC

-210/-36% over past 6 mo. Cell phones to blame?
    To quote a Marilyn Manson Song:

"You Can't See the Forest For Its Trees"

HTC -210/-36% over past 6 mo. ASMALLCHILD to blame?
    RIM raises Q4 subscriber growth outlook - Telecompaper

We can play this game all day and night, just accept it as much as you hate the storm its not killing rim in one of the worst economies you can be in

02-16-09 09:17 PM
    UnderArmour

-17/-52% over past 6 mo. Tight fitting athletic garments to blame? WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!
    02-16-09 09:18 PM
    RIM raises Q4 subscriber growth outlook - Telecompaper

We can play this game all day and night, just accept it as much as you hate the storm its not killing rim in one of the worst economies you can be in

HaHa

Where's the Koolaid!

I want some too!
    02-16-09 09:18 PM
    Oh I guess that makes even 1-1?

02-16-09 09:19 PM
    Johnson&Johnson

-14/-20%. Defective baby powder to blame?
    02-16-09 09:20 PM
    Oh I guess that makes even 1-1?

Sorry I didn't read that-

You didn't read mine and turned a deaf ear, Why Can't I?
    02-16-09 09:20 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD