Precisely. Apples stock is down over 50%. Perhaps we should blame the iPhone? A company cannot be boiled down to one product.
    Who cares about apple. We're talking about the storm.

Go complain about apple stock in the iphone thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 07:55 PM
    Because they scaled back their projected revenue...numerous companies have suffered he same exact issue when they project smaller profits than what the ESTIMATE at the beginning of their year

02-16-09 07:55 PM
    Because they scaled back their projected revenue...numerous companies have suffered he same exact issue when they project smaller profits than what the ESTIMATE at the beginning of their year

Finance 101. Someone should create a sticky.
    02-16-09 08:04 PM
    Who cares about apple. We're talking about the storm.

Go complain about apple stock in the iphone thread.

Oh so I see. When we use the iPhone analogy in wifi discussions, it's okay.

When we use the iPhone analogy in finance discussions, it's not okay.

What a delightful game!
    02-16-09 08:06 PM
    Oh so I see. When we use the iPhone analogy in wifi discussions, it's okay.

When we use the iPhone analogy in finance discussions, it's not okay.

What a delightful game!
    Well, when the topic itself is about comparing the two- then its warranted and encouraged.

When its about RIM stock- its a bit off topic.

02-16-09 08:07 PM
    Hahahaha did anybody BESIDES prada, pkcable and myself read the article?

LMAO stay on topic people! Comparing Apples stock to RIMS or Nokia's is irrelavent.

02-16-09 08:20 PM
    Here.. I will move this post down... no need to thank me. You're welcome.
    Last edited by jdoc77; 02-16-09 at 08:39 PM.
    02-16-09 08:29 PM
    weird double post. Sorry.............
    Last edited by cereal killer; 02-16-09 at 08:34 PM.
    02-16-09 08:31 PM
    This thread should have ended after my last...why is it still going there's no purpose anymore

02-16-09 08:33 PM
    This thread should have ended after my last...why is it still going there's no purpose anymore
    the storms not bleeding RIM sorry
    Unfortunately the PROFESSIONAL STOCK MARKET ANALYSTS QUOTED IN THE ARTICLE see it differently.

Let's try again, shall we?

Before anyone says anything more here... tell me who you are and how you have more Stock Market experience than the analysts quoted. And don't tell me how they are probably quoting some 22 year old kid with mobile-pro...

Analysts were quick to blame the aptly named Storm for RIM's rocky ride. The new touchscreen phone, which was introduced Nov. 21, hit the 1 million-sold mark at the end of January as Verizon customers flocked to the Apple (AAPL Quote - Cramer on AAPL - Stock Picks) iPhone challenger.

Oh yea, you don't. Gimme your creds. I want to know what financial analyst you work for. I want to see your resume on analyzing tech stocks. Give me a link to your website where YOU are listed as a consultant. I also want to see links to original articles about Apple stocks comparing it to RIM the way this article did.

Lacking that, you have NO GAME. Sorry. <-- fact.

As we have heard so often, around here, if you aren't PERSONALLY INVOLVED DAY IN AND DAY OUT in a particular piece of equipment or concept, you can't possibly have a useful opinion on it.

Bring on the creds. The real ones or this debate is just another he said/she said. Oh wait....Except for the fact thate the OP has the article to back him up.

Shucks.. more facts getting in the way.. AGAIN? How does that keep happening?

Strange.
    Last edited by jdoc77; 02-16-09 at 08:43 PM.
    02-16-09 08:37 PM

Well, they have to nitpick at something!
    02-16-09 08:39 PM
    In other words, you have no experience or relevant commentary.

What was the definition of a troll again? Hmm.. think.. think.. think...
    Last edited by jdoc77; 02-16-09 at 08:50 PM.
    02-16-09 08:45 PM
    Smallchild enough already. Get back on topic.....

Here I will post some things from the article for those that refuse to read so that we may discuss pradas topic.

1.The rising BlackBerry subscriber numbers and falling profits suggest a mixed shift in RIM products, according to UBS analyst Maynard Um. People signing on to BlackBerry's email service with the purchase of the Storm seem to be returning the phone and opting for other BlackBerries like the Curve.

2. the real shocker is that despite adding as many as 3.5 million new subscribers -- 20% more than expected in the quarter -- gross margins would narrow to 40%.

In less than six months, RIM's gross margins have slimmed from 50.7% to well below the mid-40% range the company had been expecting. Thinner margins on steady sales means costs are rising, and in RIM's case, the costs are rising faster than the company predicted.
    02-16-09 08:47 PM
    Smallchild enough already. Get back on topic.....

Here I will post some things for those that refuse to read so that we may discuss pradas topic.

1.The rising BlackBerry subscriber numbers and falling profits suggest a mixed shift in RIM products, according to UBS analyst Maynard Um. People signing on to BlackBerry's email service with the purchase of the Storm seem to be returning the phone and opting for other BlackBerries like the Curve.

2. the real shocker is that despite adding as many as 3.5 million new subscribers -- 20% more than expected in the quarter -- gross margins would narrow to 40%.

In less than six months, RIM's gross margins have slimmed from 50.7% to well below the mid-40% range the company had been expecting. Thinner margins on steady sales means costs are rising, and in RIM's case, the costs are rising faster than the company predicted.
    Those are hard numbers to argue with-

Nitpick or not.
    02-16-09 08:48 PM
    Too bad you also have zero credentials...quit quoting stuff like you know what your talking about

But since your so keen on it, give me a few companies who lowered their prospective revenues and didn't have their stocks drop

02-16-09 08:49 PM
    Too bad you also have zero credentials...quit quoting stuff like you know what your talking about

But since your so keen on it, give me a few companies who lowered their prospective revenues and didn't have their stocks drop

Who CARES about the other companies.

We're discussing RIM.

SHEESH.

I may not have the credentials-

But I provided an actual SOURCE.

What have you provided?

Last I heard, Heresay was irrelevant.
    02-16-09 08:51 PM

Actually, it would be tough finding any company whose stock hasn't dropped.

Even the mighty Apple which has dropped 76 pts (43%) since 8/18/08.

Odd we haven't heard cries to abandon the iPhone. Or the Macbook Pro. Or the iPod line. I wonder if stock prices, or the economy in general, are multifactorial.

Hmm
    02-16-09 08:52 PM
    Actually, it would be tough finding any company whose stock hasn't dropped.

Even the mighty Apple which has dropped 76 pts (43%) since 8/18/08.

Odd we haven't heard cries to abandon the iPhone. Or the Macbook Pro. Or the iPod line. I wonder if stock prices, or the economy in general, are multifactorial.

Hmm
    LOL Again with Apple.

So are you trying to say, since apple is taking it in the-

It's okay for RIM to?

Boy, I like your mentality.

I wish more people thought that way-
    02-16-09 08:55 PM
    I just read a article at Market Watch that RIM is going to hire another 3,000 workers to keep up with demand for Blackberry phones........They hired 2,000 workers last year, And they just sent out their 50 millionth Blackberry........So I don't think they are wondering where their next meal is coming from.
    02-16-09 08:57 PM
    You are absolutely right, I apologize. Let's go with Ford.

Only a 3 pt drop since 8/18/08. That does, however, represent a 65% decrease.

Oh wait, that's a bad example. Everything they manufacture is garbage. In that case, there are cries to abandon everything they stand for
    02-16-09 08:57 PM
    You are absolutely right, I apologize. Let's go with Ford.

Only a 3 pt drop since 8/18/08. That does, however, represent a 65% decrease.

Oh wait, that's a bad example. Everything they manufacture is garbage. In that case, there are cries to abandon everything they stand for
    It's cute that you put the phone you defend both tooth and nail on the same level as something you refer to as garbage.

Sarcasm or Not, it Says A Lot.

02-16-09 09:00 PM

They were quoting the experts in the ARTICLE that YOU didn't read. lol.

Hmm.. so far, we have no Tech Stock Experts, analysts or consultants... so the article is winning. Funny how when it's turned around, the focus shifts.

curiouser and curiouser
    02-16-09 09:01 PM
    MSFT

Down 8 pts/31% over past 6 months. WinMo to blame?
    02-16-09 09:02 PM
    Prada darling if you keep back talking to me ill make you sleep outside tonight

and falling profits suggest a mixed shift in RIM products, according to UBS analyst

Why does suggest and analyst mean that the person who is giving his advice is speculating on what he thinks is going on
    Yeah he gets paid to speculate on their past fiscal year..RIMs not losing money like sony so chill folks

02-16-09 09:02 PM
    PALM

Up .81/10% over past 6 months. Pre to blame? Dump all your oil shares, put all your eggs in the Pre basket!
    02-16-09 09:03 PM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD