About a week ago....the screen on my Storm started sticking down while typing. I would have to wait 1-2 seconds for it to pop back up and often would have to delete multiple characters as it kept entering them while stuck.

This has gotten progessively worse over the past week so I finally called cust. svc.

The solution they offered was to do a wipe of the phone via the Options menu and call back if that didn't resolve thge problem. After 15 minutes trying to explain to this jackass that it was physically sticking and software had nothing to do with it, I hung up.

Just so you know, I got my original Storm in Mar., replaced in Apr., and now this!

Today I went to the VZW store where the rep told me that he has the same problem with his Storm but that RIM had asked VZW not to warranty phones for this problem. "It's an incovienence, not a defect." And the rep. said he has resorted to pushing the opposite corner to get the screen to pop back up.

As I type, on hold with cust. svc. where I will demand a new phone. And I think, for my troubles, I'll make sure it is new, as in in-the-box new.
    Last edited by gregal; 05-14-09 at 01:46 PM.
    05-14-09 01:43 PM
    you shouldnt have a problem getting a new one under warrenty thats just stupid. just tell them you are haveing a problem with the charging port and the will prob just ship you a new one for that problem
    05-14-09 01:49 PM
    Exactly if they won't warranty you for one issue then tell them you have another problem with it... "Makes Sense"
    05-14-09 01:53 PM
    you shouldnt have a problem getting a new one under warrenty thats just stupid. just tell them you are haveing a problem with the charging port and the will prob just ship you a new one for that problem
    Yep, I'd get one by any means necessary!!
    05-14-09 01:53 PM
    Just say, "Hi, my Storm will not turn on. I tried another battery and charger but can seem to get it to turn on." They will ship you another phone no questions asked.
    05-14-09 01:54 PM
    getting mine replaced for the same reason. im within 30 days so if they didnt replace it they were gonna get everything back!! mine is stuck down.
    05-14-09 01:55 PM
    Whats the problem? Throw it against the wall and say you dropped it or say it was run over by bulls in Spain..whatever. That's what Ashurion is for twice a year.
    05-14-09 01:57 PM
    I didnt think they could say it was a known problem and not fix it?
    05-14-09 02:00 PM
    Well you first off should never take no for an answer. Demand to speak to a manager, make threats to report to BBB, etc.

"It's an inconvenience, not a defect."
    That's crazy that he said that to you. How is something that stops the phone from working like its supposed to an "inconvenience"? An inconvenience is having to pickup your little sister from her friends house at 8pm when you are trying to go drink with your buddies. You will have to pick up your sister still, but its just gonna slow you down from drinking as much, but you still will be able to do it with no problems.
    Last edited by BoNg420; 05-14-09 at 02:10 PM.
    05-14-09 02:06 PM
    I always used to think people were joking when they'd tell stories like his until I had dealt with tech support at companies a few times. It's like every time our cable internet goes down and we call in. They always make us go through this stupid B.S. of disconnecting and reconnecting everything and then they say the problem is our router. They ALWAYS blame the router. Um, no lady, it is NOT the router if we're not even getting signal to the freaking modem! Hello!!! Then after jumping through their hoops they always end by saying "oh, there is an outage in your area and it should be up in 15 minutes." So I made a new rule...do not even bother calling until it's out 30 minutes and then just tell them you're moving furniture and disconnecting all the isht for them.

It's like taking your car in because the brake pedal is sticking to the floor and having the tech ask you if you have air in your tires.

And don't even get me started about Dell....

Call back and be firm with them. Make sure you are very clear about the fact that the screen is stuck and does not move. If they tell you to reset the phone ask them "what part of screen is stuck and does not move freely do you not understand?" Then say "quit following your list and think for yourself for a change!"
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 05-14-09 at 02:53 PM. Reason: edit
    05-14-09 02:51 PM
    Well you first off should never take no for an answer. Demand to speak to a manager, make threats to report to BBB, etc.
    The BBB is pretty toothless; state or federal regulatory agencies (like the California Public Utilities Commission or the FCC) have a lot more clout.

If I'm having a customer service problem, I will often ask to talk to a supervisor, then apologize in advance if I seem a little irritated because I've had so many problems trying to get the issue resolved.

It's far more effective to say, "I'm really hoping to get this issue resolved today; it would be unfortunate if I had to ask a government regulatory agency to intervene on my behalf" than to lose your cool and start yelling at people.

And for the love of Xenu, don't start yelling "I'll sue you," which invariably indicates you are completely clueless about the law... or you're auditioning for the Jerry Springer show.
    05-14-09 03:25 PM
    And for the love of Xenu, don't start yelling "I'll sue you," which invariably indicates you are completely clueless about the law... or you're auditioning for the Jerry Springer show.
    Now that was funny. Thanks for the laugh.
    05-14-09 03:29 PM
    Call 611 again and speak with a CSR that has half a brain. Tell them what's going on and ask for a replacement under warranty. If they deny it, ask to speak with a supervisor because they are breaking their TOS agreement with you by not providing a warranty replacement for a handset that they sold you.
    05-14-09 03:54 PM
    Whats the problem? Throw it against the wall and say you dropped it or say it was run over by bulls in Spain..whatever. That's what Ashurion is for twice a year.
    No don't do that. Asurion claims have a fifty dollar fee. Also, you get only 2 claims and they discontinue you. Don't waste a claim or fifty dollars on an issue that is clearly a VZW warranty situation.
    05-14-09 04:05 PM
    Sometimes verizon will just change them out. I had a problem when I had my lg envy and the rep said so I did have to waste a claim. Still charged me fifty bucks but did to waste my insurance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Timmah; 05-14-09 at 08:18 PM.
    05-14-09 08:15 PM
    Call 611 again and speak with a CSR that has half a brain. Tell them what's going on and ask for a replacement under warranty. If they deny it, ask to speak with a supervisor because they are breaking their TOS agreement with you by not providing a warranty replacement for a handset that they sold you.
    i'd do what she says, you don't wanna make civic angry.

you won't like her when she's angry
    05-14-09 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD