Personally, I won't sit at Starbucks or any other hotspot surfin' the web on my phone. So to me Wi-fi is really more like a wi-hav.
    Thank you!!! I really don't understand the obsession with wi-fi in a phone. I know iPhone users and none of them use the wi-fi (not even the non-3G users). Plus you are limited, as Jedi said, planting in a coffee shop (really? how many of you wi-fi lovers do that??) or connecting to a home network (why not use the desktop or laptop at that point?). Let's not forget the excess battery drain wi-fi offers.

So, maybe I'm missing something wonderful about wi-fi, but the whole things seems needless and overrated.
    10-14-08 06:33 PM
    Thank you!!! I really don't understand the obsession with wi-fi in a phone. I know iPhone users and none of them use the wi-fi (not even the non-3G users). Plus you are limited, as Jedi said, planting in a coffee shop (really? how many of you wi-fi lovers do that??) or connecting to a home network (why not use the desktop or laptop at that point?). Let's not forget the excess battery drain wi-fi offers.

So, maybe I'm missing something wonderful about wi-fi, but the whole things seems needless and overrated.
    Open your eyes. Stop being ignorant. We understand that some people don't need or want Wifi. If you can't grasp why some people want it, do a search; there are many good posts that describe the benefits.
    10-14-08 10:28 PM
    Good read. If the GSM version for AT&T ends up having wifi, I'm going to call "Bull****" on that one.

10-14-08 10:46 PM
    I don't need wi-fi but it would have been nice - :P
    10-15-08 07:42 AM
    The main benefit of wi-fi (to me at least) is international roaming, when i'm in canada all i do is pop onto a wi-fi network and i get all my e-mails for free and dont get charged, then from there i either read through them if i'm at a house or i can browse them whenever i feel like since they're all on the berry nwo
    10-15-08 08:05 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD