OS6 aside, I think RIM needs to work on updating the browser on the 9550. I don't care much for an os update as much as I want a browser update.
    08-30-10 09:30 AM
    LOL. Rim doesn't "owe" anybody squat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 09:33 AM
    You will not see an update just for the 9550.

Webkit will come on OS6 and that is that. It will improve with further updates down the road. But you will not get just a better browser for the 9550
    08-30-10 09:34 AM
    LOL. Rim doesn't "owe" anybody squat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1

This cheap people today who think they are OWED something just disgust me! of course they'll B!tch about anything so it's not that surprising!
    08-30-10 10:22 AM
    1. I'd like a faster browser (of course!)
    2. Never buy products for anything they MIGHT do in the future--make your buying decisions based on what an item can do the day you take it home. that way you won't be disappointed if certain features you EXPECT, don't ever come to fruition.
    08-30-10 10:35 AM
    ROFL@ RIM OWES you.

RIM doesn't owe you ****. Suck it up.
    08-30-10 10:36 AM
    Some of the replies to this thread are just wow. RIM needs to future proof their devices especially the so called flagship BBs. There's no reason the S2 shouldn't get OS6 except RIM not having any foresight..............as usual.
    08-30-10 10:39 AM
    Some of the replies to this thread are just wow. RIM needs to future proof their devices especially the so called flagship BBs. There's no reason the S2 shouldn't get OS6 except RIM not having any foresight..............as usual.
    ah, so YOUR point of view is the only "correct" one. got it.
    08-30-10 10:48 AM
    I don't like seeing the "You can't play in our club house" around here....
    08-30-10 10:53 AM
    +1...................
    08-30-10 10:56 AM
    Yup. You got that right. And for the record i was referring to the comments calling the OP "cheap" and "RIM does owe you anything". The BB fanboys on this site are actually worse than the good ole Storm 1 days.
    08-30-10 11:13 AM
    Yup. You got that right. And for the record i was referring to the comments calling the OP "cheap" and "RIM does owe you anything". The BB fanboys on this site are actually worse than the good ole Storm 1 days.
    oh, gawd, let's not have the thread devolve FURTHER into a discussion about fanboys.

The OP's provocative title couldn't help but elicit some strong replies. not all of them have met with your approval. ok...
    08-30-10 11:38 AM
    08-30-10 11:39 AM
    LOL!!! Nice. yours, or the wife's?
    08-30-10 11:40 AM
    Dave's baaaaaaaaaaaack! There's the Dave we know and love!
    08-30-10 12:29 PM
    ROFL@ RIM OWES you.

RIM doesn't owe you ****. Suck it up.
    +10, why do people always think someone owes them something!
    08-30-10 12:31 PM
    Dave's baaaaaaaaaaaack! There's the Dave we know and love!
    LOL! Not sure how many would agree with you, but thanks for that, Cory!
    08-30-10 12:35 PM
    +10, why do people always think someone owes them something!
    ah, you know! We've gotten more and more entitlement-happy with each generation. liberalism is alive and "well" in the USA. sigh.
    08-30-10 12:37 PM
    Wow you guys are bloody idiots, the ******** fanbois posting in this thread are drooling and peeing on themselves replying to an obviously tongue in cheek post. Stop taking yourselves so seriously. Does the Storm2 need a new browser? YES. now stfu.

And god forbid if one of you mentally challenged folks actually works at BB, don't do it for us, do it for yourselves. I know companies that won't develop for the BB because the development takes 3x as long due to the crappy browser.
    08-30-10 01:46 PM
    Want a better browser?

Get an Incredible, or a Droid X, and an Evo 4G or **** even the Iphone, messed with the new webkit on the Torch an it still can't hold a candle to the Android Webkit browser.

The Incredible rocks BTW, why I suffered for so long with a Blackberry I will never know.
    08-30-10 03:45 PM
    My job owes me double my salary! No, triple! And my car owes me double the gas mileage. Who can I take these very serious complaints to?
    08-30-10 04:11 PM
    Well, I wouldn't say they "owe" us one, but I will say that the fact that they haven't been able to whip up a decent browser in the past two years, and probably never will, is pretty pathetic. I don't believe for a second that the problem is that they can't; the problem is that they refuse to.
    08-30-10 04:17 PM
    Well, I wouldn't say they "owe" us one, but I will say that the fact that they haven't been able to whip up a decent browser in the past two years, and probably never will, is pretty pathetic. I don't believe for a second that the problem is that they can't; the problem is that they refuse to.
    what do you base that comment on?
    08-30-10 04:22 PM
    what do you base that comment on?
    Admittedly I have no solid evidence other than they were working on browser improvements in the early 5.0 releases, but then they just ditched them. It just seems logical to me that they wouldn't want to fix what is the most hated feature on a Blackberry for the older devices when they can sell new devices and make more money instead. For them it makes sense, but for their customers, well, we get screwed. And I never, ever would say that RIM is the only company that plays that game. All of them do it...Apple is the King of it!
    08-30-10 04:29 PM
    Why is it only the storm 2 owners complaining? The 8520/8530 came out after the storm 2s and they're hot getting a webkit browser either but I haven't seen one complaint. Os6 was tested on the storm2s and it didn't pass. Life goes on. You want webkit or a better browser on a storm download bolt or operamini or wait for the storm refresh. If you want os6 now, switch to att and get a torch. RIM doesn't owe us anything but the service we pay for every month. As for the comment about fanboys, this is crackberry what do you expect, android fanboys?
    08-30-10 04:31 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD