I find it rather amusing that there are people working at RIM, and vendors of RIM that are willing to put their careers on the line and make these beta releases available to us. On one hand I think its great, on the other... well, if you worked for me, you'd be fired in a second. Then again, its not source code, so maybe I'm being a little too hard on the subject.

All in all, my appreciation goes to you, whoever you are.
    02-17-09 01:14 PM
    Or it could be smart on their part so they can see what problems they are going to have and not be responsible if causes problems with the phone
    02-17-09 01:27 PM
    Don't be fooled this is all very calculated. Its part of there (RIMs) testing process.
    02-17-09 01:39 PM
    It's so RIM doesn't have to spend so much time and money on testing.

They are getting free testing and feedback from the users.
    02-17-09 01:44 PM
    i thought that at first. but there is no way that would hold up on paper in a real company.
    02-17-09 01:48 PM
    Don't think so. Too many people don't know what they are doing and brick their phones. The bricked phones get returned for replacements, therefore it doesn't make sense for RIM to release the leaks.
    02-17-09 01:54 PM
    Who says it has to be on paper?
    02-17-09 01:55 PM
    i thought that at first. but there is no way that would hold up on paper in a real company.
    Microsoft is doing it with 7 it is not unreasonable to do this
    02-17-09 01:55 PM
    Why is that so hard to believe? Millions of testers and it cost them nothing. They are no way liable if everyone's phones start crashing. The feedback on OS issues is much faster this way than relying of a handfull of people to report back with an "official findings report" that may take them days to prepare for the right presentation. Look at all the issues that were displayed here on CB 5 minutes after the OS was leaked....AMAZING! RIM isn't stupid....besides, all the crap they are in right now they could use free testers.
    02-17-09 01:57 PM
    Don't be fooled this is all very calculated. Its part of there (RIMs) testing process.
    No it's not. RIM is not the one who leaks the software and they would prefer that it did not leak. Again, once the software leaves RIM and is distributed to Partners and other ISV's is when it leaks. So the manufacturer has nothing to do with it. Again as well, the 99% of information provided by people using the unreleased software is useless to actual testers.
    02-17-09 02:02 PM
    First off, your grammar is incorrect. Second, you're way off with your statement. Read this.

edit - CX beat me. Still, read the link - it'll clarify things for you.
    02-17-09 02:08 PM
    First off, your grammar is incorrect. Second, you're way off with your statement. Read this.

edit - CX beat me. Still, read the link - it'll clarify things for you.
    Very good link to give out!! GJ.
    02-17-09 02:14 PM
    all things considered, the people releasing these betas are the ones putting their butts on the line. my main point.
    02-17-09 02:22 PM
    True. Hopefully we can get an Official OS soon that is stable and put it to rest.
    02-17-09 02:25 PM
    I still don't understand why this perticular subject matter must be discussed every few weeks.
    02-17-09 03:00 PM
    I still don't understand why this perticular subject matter must be discussed every few weeks.
    They did not realize Kevin made the "Search Forums" bigger and bolder
    02-17-09 03:08 PM
    Microsoft is doing it with 7 it is not unreasonable to do this
    Nah...Windows 7 is a public beta. Leaks wouldn't fall into that category.
    02-17-09 03:10 PM
    Agree totally. I usually glance at the thread and then start reading all of the similar responses we are seeing here. I am going to have to try to avoid reading these in the future.
    02-17-09 03:12 PM
    I agree. But yep, we surely have this discussion once every two weeks or so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 03:12 PM
    I find it rather amusing that there are people working at RIM, and vendors of RIM that are willing to put their careers on the line and make these beta releases available to us. On one hand I think its great, on the other... well, if you worked for me, you'd be fired in a second. Then again, its not source code, so maybe I'm being a little too hard on the subject.

All in all, my appreciation goes to you, whoever you are.
    Any R&D team would be happy to have the public testing their code for issues and a forum like Crackberry to post them. Free testing people!

This is planned not leaked.
    02-17-09 03:15 PM
    Sure it would. The ones who make you believe that cannot afford anything else because then risks for RIM would arise and of course, THAT was exactly what they were trying to avoid in the first place by leaking the stuff. It would damage the companies image even more.

Another argument to totally debunk the fact that the leaks aren't leaked is the fact that nothing is being done to stop it. If they wanted, they'd watermark the versions. Very easily done of course. Then just look at the leaked version and close the gap.

Its bull. Its being leaked by mr sillyballs himself if you ask me, just so the greedy f*cker can save out some dough on testers and put some more in his own pocket. As if releasing beta phones doesn't "earn" him enough already.
    Last edited by TheMisses; 02-17-09 at 03:51 PM.
    02-17-09 03:48 PM
    I agree. But yep, we surely have this discussion once every two weeks or so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    its a good topic. any software manager would agree to that.
    02-17-09 03:49 PM
    Sure it would. The ones who make you believe that cannot afford anything else because then risks for RIM would arise and of course, THAT was exactly what they were trying to avoid in the first place by leaking the stuff.

Another argument to totally debunk the fact that the leaks aren't leaked is the fact that nothing is being done to stop it. If they wanted, they'd watermark the versions. Very easily done of course. Then just look at the leaked version and close the gap.

Its bull. Its being leaked by mr sillyballs himself if you ask me, just so the greedy f*cker can save out some dough on testers and put some more in his own pocket. As if releasing beta phones doesn't "earn" him enough already.
    well put. amen to that.
    02-17-09 03:50 PM
    Don't think so. Too many people don't know what they are doing and brick their phones. The bricked phones get returned for replacements, therefore it doesn't make sense for RIM to release the leaks.
    They aren't forcing you to upgrade. You do this unofficially.
    02-17-09 11:35 PM
    I thought RIM would like having the free testing but if CX says they don't, then they don't.
    They probably exhaust the testing process by the time it gets to someone who could leak it and are of to bigger and better OS's when they reach us..
    02-17-09 11:45 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD