Even I will admit that was a really stupid thing to say. Even if he really believes that he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut. That's just one of those things that people aren't going to forget. I mean, WTF was he thinking when he said that?
    From a PR standpoint, that's a real palm to forehead moment... But the guy is just saying what has been "common knowledge" to anyone who took the time to look, for a couple of years now. Probably even longer if you work in the industry.
    03-20-09 06:47 PM
    Even I will admit that was a really stupid thing to say. Even if he really believes that he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut. That's just one of those things that people aren't going to forget. I mean, WTF was he thinking when he said that?
    I know dude its crazy. That spread like wild fire everywhere.

Somebody here should make that commercial and post it on Youtube. We will all send the link to RIM. See how fast it goes viral : )

Jimmy would be quite embarrassed.
    its one way to light a fire under their arse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 06:55 PM
    I have an opinion as a 1st time user, I like many fell for the hype around the storm and this was my first foray into blackberry.

I have to say there are many faults in this equation.

(1) I'd never used a blackberry before but I'm not brain dead and techno wise reasonably upto date
    (2) rim are trying to be hip instead of sticking to what they do best..business devices that happen to be a phone
    (3) They rushed out the storm far to unstable and with poor build quality issues
    (4) Jim Ballsacks tremendous public relations skills have shown RIM to be an arrogent and obnoxious company

For me it was my first and will be my last time of buying a blackberry partly because it wasn't my need and basically the storm and rim's unwillingness to bring a unready product upto date quickly.

I don't think for one minute blackberry's are bad... but the storm has done the image a lot of harm
    03-20-09 07:20 PM
    too many blackberries coming out, not enough updates for the not so great operating system

dont mean to sound negative, but apple is doing things the right way...they might not have mms and all that stuff, but they're not releasing 50 phones and fixing one in a year
    03-20-09 07:38 PM

dont mean to sound negative, but apple is doing things the right way...they might not have mms and all that stuff,
    this summer OS 3.0 will bring mms, copy/paste and some other things to the phone.

and saying Apple is doing things right is not negative : ) it's just the truth.
    03-20-09 07:48 PM
    this summer OS 3.0 will bring mms, copy/paste and some other things to the phone.

and saying Apple is doing things right is not negative : ) it's just the truth.
    I saw the topic, people can still get it even now but they need to hack the phone, as for mms you can receive them but you need to put a code in every time, it's very annoying and confusing. the only thing the iphone is lacking really is push email, copy paste and so on but otherwise it's a great phone...oh and video but you can get something like video if you hack it.

Honestly, I think blackberry is going to lose a LOT of business and so will verizon in the future. Apple is dominating in every sense, they're coming out with a lot of cool things that people want. People are just too hard headed to admit it.
    03-20-09 07:58 PM
    My sons iPhone and my iPod Touch do not have "buggy" software. I wonder what he is talking about?

jr
    03-20-09 11:40 PM
    I don't believe they are digging their own grave, look at it this way, the Blackberry is pretty much the de facto business mobile communications device. It is successful because it is simple to use, does email very well and can be controlled via IT policy. They will enjoy this advantage for quite a while, this is their bread and butter.

IMO they are making a huge mistake on the consumer side of things and your points are very relevant in this regard. It seems to me that RIM thinks that simple is better in the consumer market and they are dead wrong. The Storm's UI, while perfect for devices that have a physical keyboard fails on a touchscreen device. I have said this ad nauseum, but multimedia and eye candy are king in the consumer market. I don't think RIM quite gets this yet, they are relying on the same type of user experience that has made them successful in the professional market and it will not work long term with consumers. Just look at the success of the the iPhone, it doens't have any groundbreaking functionality and doesn't even do all of the basics yet, but the presentation is top notch........
    You are correct, sir!
    03-21-09 10:27 AM
    When you look at the number of new phone releases RIM really hasnt done anything new theyre replacing the old hardware with newer models in order to stay competitive. RIM has always produced a world phone and CDMA AND GSM models. The Storm will be alright it takes time look at the iphone **** they are just now getting it perfected and they have come out with an entirely different model i.e. 3g, which Sprint and Verizon have been on for years.
    03-21-09 10:41 AM
    I guess we'll have to take the wait-&-see approach to see if they are, but I do agree with the software point!
    They're bringing out too many different phones; so much so that it's hard to decide on which to cop! Then after they bring out the phones there has to be an "un-official" software update! Are they becoming more like apple (firmware updates)?
    It's a bit of a thorn in the side. I did get a good price on a g1 @ 1 year so I might have to take that offer and wait to see what goes on with BB for this year.
    03-21-09 11:15 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD