I thought this was interesting. I read it on RIMarkable.Com by Robb Dunewood. Enjoy-
    * In a Wall Street Journal Interview, Research in Motion co-CEO, Jim Balsillie, when referring to the rocky start that the BlackBerry Storm has endured due to software glitches actually said this is part of the new reality of making a complex cellphones in large quantities.

I actually said outloud, He said what!, when I read this. Maybe it is just me but it almost seems like Balsillie is telling us that new BlackBerry devices riddled with software bugs almost to the point of failure are to be expected from now on.

Did RIM not pay attention at all to what has happened to Palm over the years? If this is RIMs attitude when it comes to making cool devices that just work, they may get a a front row seat as it happens to them." *

Makes you wonder, huh..... I wont hold my breath for a new SMOOTH OS anytime soon. Scary.
    01-26-09 03:17 PM
    He is basically admitting that they have done the mistake of releasing the Storm too early and to suck it up. And to be honest, I am. I love my storm for the way it is. I know it can be difficult, but to be honest (again) RIM is actually releasing these updates for the Storm faster then I ever knew possible. I thought I was going to have to live with fu*&i* 4.7.0.65 for the rest of my life, but before I know it, leaks were out online and new official .75 was out in no time.

So for those Storm hater, go get an iPhone. Don't want you to touch a storm... bc a Storm clicks, iPhone doesn't. Nothing against the iPhone, just those who pitty the Storm bc of its bumpy start.
    01-26-09 03:21 PM
    There is no serious bugs with the storm OS.

/sarcasm off
    01-26-09 03:23 PM
    Ya, I read that on RCR Wireless News, I think. Can you believe that crap? The new reality? Not for me it isnt. I refuse to be constantly frustrated! However, I do believe that because RIM changed over to a completely new OS, things were bound to be buggy. Hopefully someone will learn from this debacle.
    Last edited by cenloe; 01-26-09 at 03:48 PM.
    01-26-09 03:30 PM
    That's just CO-CEO talk for we made a mistake. Whether they will learn from this mistake is beyond me. Both the bold and storm launched with buggy OS's.
    01-26-09 03:32 PM
    I to like my Storm and live with the many software glitches...BUT I think that was not the right thing for a CEO to say about a big company screwup. That should give the stockholders/investers plenty o-faith in ole RIM. And Im sorry. You may be fine with a phone that has some character (bugs) I dont go out and by T.V.s, cars or anything for that matter that have issues with the way they work. Would you keep an LCD T.V. that turns off when it feels like it and loses volume on occasion?? Didnt think so. Why should you have to settle for less??
    01-26-09 03:36 PM
    I to like my Storm and live with the many software glitches...BUT I think that was not the right thing for a CEO to say about a big company screwup. That should give the stockholders/investers plenty o-faith in ole RIM. And Im sorry. You may be fine with a phone that has some character (bugs) I dont go out and by T.V.s, cars or anything for that matter that have issues with the way they work. Would you keep an LCD T.V. that turns off when it feels like it and loses volume on occasion?? Didnt think so. Why should you have to settle for less??

Excellent analogy.
    01-26-09 03:41 PM
    He is basically admitting that they have done the mistake of releasing the Storm too early and to suck it up
    By no means do I dislike my storm. Actually it's the most useful device I own, including my PC. But for you to think we (consumers) should just "suck it up" is outrageous. It is our push, through sites like crackberry, that creates OS updates, new features, and new apps. If they didn't have the phone ready in time for their official release date, they should have sucked it up, and announced a new deadline. It is bull**** that consumers have to face the "new reality" of buying products that are half ***. In today's world, more and more, the buyers seem to have less rights, while major business push us around and expect us to suck it up and deal with it. And you wonder why the US economy is sinking?

Once again, let me say I find no major flaws in my Storm, but it does bother me at times. I'm not ranting about the Storm, but this is a good example of the way major business sees its market. Make their money first, then worry about their product quality. Makes me wonder, if they only sold a quarter of the amount they have, would we all still be on .65?
    01-26-09 03:43 PM
    By no means do I dislike my storm. Actually it's the most useful device I own, including my PC. But for you to think we (consumers) should just "suck it up" is outrageous.
    That is what the CEO said, not I.
    01-26-09 03:52 PM
    However, I do believe that because RIM changed over to a completely new OS, things were bound to be buggy.
    Same OS, just functional for a touchscreen. Just like 4.6. Same old BB OS just with a facelift.
    01-26-09 03:55 PM
    I cant beleive a CEO would say something like that. It sends the wrong message to the consumers.
    01-26-09 04:04 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ri...gadget-145448/

Hey, nice thread... might be a repost though... I dunno, what do you think?
    01-26-09 04:23 PM
    Sounds like the same article. Although as with me, Im sure this is the first most have heard the article. Seems like most if not all share the same feelings on the subject. In these times... we all would like to think our money is well spent. Im still keeping my hopes up for my Storm and so far except for some random resets with OS 90 (which I definetly think is the best one thus far) Im looking forward to see the next official OS release by RIM.
    01-26-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD