Anyone notice RIM's build quality getting worse and worse? It seems to have started with the Storm, and the trend of the piano black finish and chrome border design. All their newest devices just seem "chinsy". Is that even a real word?

I played with my friends 8900 and a pearl flip at T-Mobile, and they both feel like cracker jack phones IMO.
    06-12-09 08:26 PM
    Good thing this was moved to the Storm forum since its not Storm specific!
    06-12-09 09:19 PM
    At least they haven't gone the way of Palm, yet.
    06-12-09 11:29 PM
    My 8900 was punished pretty hardcore and held up well. I dont think the storm is too bad, at least they have the metal back on it where the 8900 is plastic.. And the pearl flip... Well, that is the RIMS biggest POS phone to date..so many things wrong with it in terms of build and hardware/software glitches its ridiculous.
    06-16-09 04:53 PM
    The storm is pretty resilient. I just dropped mine and thought I FD up my back button and my phone button because they stopped responding. Did a soft reset. No results. I was getting ready to go to a vz store to get it replaced but decided to tap on the bottom of the phone and presto. Everything is working again. What a gem!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 04:59 PM
    Anyone notice RIM's build quality getting worse and worse?
    Nope, haven't noticed it.
    06-16-09 08:59 PM
    Quality is a misnomer...the storm has awful build quality. No two click the same. The dust under the screen is just embarrassing! But that said the hardware quality seems better than expected when compared to rhe awful OS!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-09 11:21 PM
    Tons of quality issues with the Storm, being on you 4th or 5th Storm is not uncommon. The Storm 2 will most likely be greatly redesigned.
    06-16-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD